Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Custom JJ1 Levels playable online

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 19, 2020, 05:48 PM
Custom JJ1 Levels playable online

Click here

Jazz Jackrabbit 1 doesn't have a Home Cooked Levels menu, and even Jazz Swapper requires you to pay attention, so the entry work of playing custom JJ1 levels has always been kinda high. Thanks to the js-dos library, though, I've implemented a mod loader for JJ1 that you can play in your web browser. Play any custom JJ1 level/s uploaded to J2O (or the JJ1 shareware demo) without needing to download files, install emulators, or spend money.

(All levels have been been modified where necessary to run directly from the first episode instead of replacing some random level in Letni or Megairbase or whatever.)

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 26, 2024 at 10:26 PM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 20, 2020, 01:23 PM
Violet,

1. This is amazing, and thank you so much,

2. I regret to report that the sounds in Bad Seed are all at the wrong pitch, in the way new J1E levels tend to be (I forgot the exact specifics). I know that I fixed this in the version on J2O before reuploading, though.

3. How feasible is it to implement "permalinks" to each release without having to go through the menu every time?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 20, 2020, 03:53 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I already implemented permalinks... just add a ?mod= URL parameter with the J2O download ID, e.g. https://violetclm.com/static/jj1/?mod=7223

Huh, I did notice there were a lot of sound issues but assumed the problem was from J1CS being used in all the older stuff. Didn't know J1E had its own issue. Will have to look into that more I guess?

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 26, 2024 at 10:26 PM.

JCF Member

TanKanT is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2020, 09:37 AM
this is dope shall be playing this in the future

I shall bring others to here aswell

~TanKanT

Best Of Luck,
TanKanT

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 26, 2024, 10:25 PM
I added Holiday Hare, specifically a version that includes Holidaius, Candion, and Bloxonius all together. Holidaius is edited to have all its sprites in one file so you don't need to see the planet loading screen again for the second and third levels. Also incorporates some level bug fixes from rsgdbfevx, details coming soon.

JCF Member

RSGDB has disabled reputation

Jan 27, 2024, 02:15 AM
Also pointed this out on discord, but Holidaius 1 doesn't have the fixes.