Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Continuous spinning on outdoor lamp

Gagster

JCF Member

Gagster has disabled reputation

Jan 16, 2023, 12:44 PM
Continuous spinning on outdoor lamp

In the Jazz in Time Episode (level 2 Colonial Chaos) running Jazz2+ 5.10, Jazz gut stuck in an infinite spinning sequence after pressing down after a running jump, and accidentally hitting an outdoor lamp. This was the lamp to the right next to the first sewer entrance in this level. I didn't find any way to pull Jazz out of this spinning trance.

I was about to upload the image of this instance, but it seems like image upload is not working on this forum as of now.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 16, 2023, 03:12 PM
Thanks. This report refers to buttstomp getting stuck on thin tile masks, neither progressing nor terminating (nor allowing directional inputs, surprisingly).

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2023, 03:27 AM
This build tries to fix this bug (only in local games, for testing purposes). More broadly, it tries to fix all interactions with masks that are only one pixel thick, such as the three coins before the fire shield in A Cold Day in Heck, so they are treated as normal floor instead of causing players to fall on them forever. Because this code affects floor detection, it should be tested with things like slope detection, walljumping, and standing the correct number of pixels above floor.