Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

How do I get the end of level jingles to play?

ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Oct 4, 2020, 11:48 AM
How do I get the end of level jingles to play?

I've been getting back into Jazz recently and replaying the SP levels, but I noticed something that's bugged me for a long time--when I beat a level, the victory jingle never plays, it just has an awkward silence. I remember it worked properly waaaay back when I first played the game, but at some point it stopped. Is there some way to fix it?

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Oct 5, 2020, 08:35 AM
As far as I'm concerned, it's a JJ2+ bug. There's also this thread in which this problem is mentioned. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it other than switching to vanilla JJ2.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2020, 10:34 AM
I don't think this is a Plus bug. I remember this problem happening before Plus existed, and in the thread you linked there are other people also saying it happens in the vanilla version (at least 1.24--I would check if the bug was introduced in 1.24, but I don't have access to a copy of 1.23 at the moment. I don't know where my old JJ2 discs are, so all I have is the GoG version.)

EDIT: Someone in the other thread mentioned the jingles do work in full-screen. I can confirm that fixes the issue, but it might still be worth fixing it for windowed mode in Plus at some point.

Last edited by ThunderPX; Oct 6, 2020 at 06:49 AM.