Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

So I'm making a font

Hareoic

JCF Member

Hareoic is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2006, 06:54 AM
So I'm making a font

I decided to make a font to go with something else I created. I got the scanning done ok, but I did it on lined paper, which now makes it difficult for me to fill in the empty spaces. (I didn't do any filling before scanning it, that usually makes it even harder because the scanner finds SO many colors in a black marker and it'd be messy anyway)

Any advice? I actually WANT to do this instead of trying and then giving up promptly following a certain level of frustration.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 22, 2006, 07:24 AM
A TTF font?
Hareoic

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2006, 07:47 AM
Yes, I believe so.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Nov 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
Um, make sure you include every character? I don't know anything about fonts, so there's not much for me to say. I guess I shouldn't post this reply. Oh well.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 22, 2006, 02:51 PM
You say your scanner finds "so many colors". You are scanning in black and white, right? Pure B&W would probably font best.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
If I were making a font I would probably write it out on some paper first, scan it in, then redo everything in vectors it would probably make a much better ending resault.
Hareoic

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2006, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
You say your scanner finds "so many colors". You are scanning in black and white, right? Pure B&W would probably font best.
I did it on blue-lined graph paper with a pencil. I don't know what would/wouldn't show up.