Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Cracco Clan celebrates it's 3 birthday.

neoCC

JCF Member

neoCC is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2002, 10:21 AM
Talking Cracco Clan celebrates it's 3 birthday.

Hooray , CC is 3 years old .
Happy B-Day all CC'ers .
Here is the history of CC:

When CC was created, in 1999, it was still called Cracco Club. I, CraccoBoy, started it. Shortly after it was created, COOLM@N, who's now co-leader, and who's stayed loyal since CC was founded, joined it. Not long after that we recruited more members. The Cracco Club lacked in fighting, but the clan lived a happy life, with nice members. However, when the computer of the leader, CraccoBoy (me), crashed, there was a problem. As soon as the computer was alright again, I started searching for JJ2 (I didn't have the CD-rom of it, and still don't have). When I thought I found it, I installed it at once, and brought the CD-rom back to the person I borrowed it from. I was quite suprised to see that there was a totally new community, with a few old faces. Many people joined CC there. Cyberspaz, COOLM@N and me were in charge of CC back then.

However, I later came to know that this wasn't the JJ2 I've been playing on. This was 1.24 (TSF) instead of 1.23. When I later got 1.23 back in the start of 2000 (that 1.23 version I still have, it has never been uninstalled, removed or overwrited), many things have changed. Many people left JJ2, and there weren't many members of CC left either. With COOLM@N (who was one of the few leftovers), I began to re-establish CC as a 1.23 clan, but also trying to keep it active on TSF. CC's name was changed to Cracco Clan instead of Cracco Club, and the members became stronger and stronger.

Most of the people who're now still in CC joined in those good ol' times, shortly after the Cracco Clan was reformed; new site, new rules, new members, new ranking system and new look. This was the spring, and early summer of 2000. Raiser, Heretic, they joined CC around in that time. Everything was going smoothly in CC. We already had allies before, but that wasn't serious. True alliances started to appear in this summer.

There were a few (3) desperadoes hanging around in JJ2, who had the desire to create a new clan, since the clans they came from (the UDJ clans) weakened and became more passive, they met me, and I decided to help them. This young clan, called TEC (The Elemental Clan), with Gale, Ice and Flame as leaders allied CC, and the friendship between the two clans became stronger. Five more members joined into the early times of TEC, Bolt, Quake and his sister Wave, Cloud, and the old mercenarie Leaf. These 8 people were basically the leadership of TEC, and they were doing fine, even better when Spy (DarkWasp) and Stunner (who has been wandering around as a mercenarie before). In the summer and autumn of 2000, TEC had a lot of members.

However, this wasn't the only allie CC got. Another clan appeared, the Ultra Rabbits, with Jazz as leader (they were also allied with TEC). While TEC didn't want to fight yet and get strong members, UR was, just like CC improving their quality. Both Jazz and me made a lot of good levels. UR was a proud and good clan, which made a good and nice allie.

The rulers of TEC came with the idea to create something to strengthen the close alliance between the three clans, CC, TEC, UR. CC agreed, UR did too. This new clangroup was called CTU (named after the three clans), and promised to play a important role in the future of the three clans. This wasn't the first time a clangroup existed, UJP and UDJ were first, and it also wouldn't be the last. All the clans inside CTU were automatically allies with all the members. PR (Poké Raiders), leaded by Mama and Dutchraider, and NB (Ninja Boys), leaded by Ninja and CrazyR, joined the clangroup. These five clans all had their own qualities. Later, SB (Sand Bunnies) by Gargoyle, AS (All Stars) by Ryu joined us, which were both promising clans. Much later, CTU got more members, GP, FD, MB and FC. This made us to a total of 11 clan, the highest amount a clan group has ever gotten on JJ2.

Back to CC itself. More smart leaders and good players joined the clan. But most of the older members still lacked in fighting skills. So CC came with a special ranking system designed for trainings, clanwars and organisation in the clan. Each member who's been in CC for a longer time had the option to choose a fighting path, and a kind of training (I was the head trainer). Monk (kicker, buttstomper, upcutter), Knight (just normally using mostly your gun), Piranha (best in fighting in water), Falcon (best in fighting in the air, copter or airboard), Guard (best at guarding places or people, for exemple the CTF bases) and Cavalry (a normal fighter, who must be VERY fast and agile in everything). Each path had various updates. This system origined in the summer of 2000, and lasted till the winter.

This brings us closer towards the end of 2000. How was it going with CTU? Because JJ2 was slowly loosing it's popularity, many people left it, and it wasn't going well. Only the most loyal and good members stayed in their clans. SB (later named CW), left JJ2 to play Worms. PR, left JJ2 and the clangroup all of a sudden, without a warning. AS just left only the clangroup (but AS was ment to play a important role in another clangroup later). FD and MB both died, and even UR started to fade away. TEC also began to loose most of their members, and even more after they were accused of trojaning people they didn't. NB also died, because CrazyR left. CTU had CC, TEC and FC left.

CC also lost a part of it's members, but that wasn't so much of a problem, because the ones who left were mostly bad players or just very unloyal. A few ex-TECs and ex-UDJs wanted to make things worse for the left CTU clans, and started a immature clan called BOMB. BOMB was trying to scare everbody on JJ2, with hacking and threatening, but it was later found out they couldn't hack or progam virusses at all. They said their clan was huge, but it was also proven that it only had about 3 real members, the others were made up by the leaders. And there were many people into BOMB just to spy and seek what BOMB wanted and who BOMB was. Some people were wrongfully accusing these undercover agents of being real members of BOMB, and some even said the starters (I was one of them). Luckily they left, because almost nobody believed their crap, and their plans failed.

The CC team of leaders who worked us out of these hard JJ2 times were all intelligent people and some were good players too. I was still the leader, and COOLM@N, was still the one and only co-leader up for the job. We were helped by Bink, Rossboy, Hellraiser, Da Viper and CC survived as one of the lone CTU clans. Around these times, CC has also won it's first official clanwar, the one against CM (Combat Mercenaries). Besides, the CC homestead site was running fine these days and a CTU clan site appeared with links to all the CTU clans.

Near towards the end of 2000, another important person joined CC, called Snake. Snake brought his friend, Neo, leader of USP to JJ2, and he joined CC too. Snake later left, but Neo and his clan became loyal to CC. Neo's clan, USP, was later called TNC (The New Craccos), named after the Cracco Clan. Bink, Rossboy and Da Viper left to play other games, and Neo was temporarily made a General to replace them.

--> see next post for the sequal
neoCC

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2002, 10:22 AM
part 2/2

TEC was slowly regaining their old popularity back, and UR was recreated too, when Jazz came back. UR rejoined CTU, TNC joined CTU, and FC left CTU. This was the start of 2001. Another clan joined the alliance, called LD, Legend of Dragoons, leaded by Zieg and his right-hand MattW. This made CTU back again, and CC, TEC, UR, TNC and LD stayed in it. CC was becoming better, and bad players were no longer allowed in. The tryouts in CC were made slightly harder too. I was going to get rid of my old computer, and waiting for my new computer (the one I still have). COOLM@N, replaced me, and I told Gale and Neo to help him. COOLM@N did a fine job and CC didn't die. Some people were jalous at COOLM@N, and tried to get him away, and said that he was a bad leader, but that wasn't true. When I came back, COOLM@N and me continued to lead CC together, and almost no members left our clan in the spring of 2001. Also, Hellraiser aka Raiser was voted to be the first official CC Game-Leader. From now on, every half-year there will be votings for a new Game-Leader.

Later that year, another clangroup appeared, called GoC (Gathering of Clans). GoC thought CTU was tearing the community apart, not knowing they were doing that themselves. There was a 'cold' war between the 5 CTU clans (CC, TEC, UR, TNC and LD) and the 5 GoC clans (GpW, EM, DL, * and AS). Yes, AS, the clan that started GoC, and were once in CTU. CC has been friends with *, the Hybrids all the time though, an alliance that started in the autumn of 2000. Even GoC couldn't break the friendship and alliance between the 5 CTU clans, and GoC ceased to exist. However, some of the members of the GoC clans were mean to the CTU clan members and hurted the feelings of some people. There were more things the clan TEC didn't like about the JJ2 community those days, but this was it. The clan TEC died and most left JJ2 for good.. Also, CTU was originally TEC's ideas, so CTU didn't exist anymore either.

That summer, the leader of LD left too, and later all the remaining LD members left it. UR, TNC and CC remained strong. In the beginning of the autumn, no unusual things happened. However, a while later, Bolt, the old Game-Leader of TEC came back to JJ2 under the name Black Energy, and joined CC for good (he has been in it before, for a short time). From CC he tried, and succeeded to remake TEC, with Stunner and Flame as his henchmen (Flame was later dismissed from that job). However, the new TEC couldn't become as good as the old TEC once were.

Coming closer to the end of 2001, CC also started to play official CTF matches, mostly in Diamondus Warzone (a level). We were searching for a clan to challenge for our first official CTF clanwar (the one vs. CM was battle). JOL accepted, and so we held the friendly clanwar at 30 december, and won with 10-0. From now on, the Cracco Clan is planning to do more clanwars in CTF.

In 2002, we held some more clanwars. CC vs. TNC, 10-0. CC vs. Tbt, 10-2. The war vs. DB couldn't be played due to DB's lack of online players. We got a primitive Ezboard message board later, and Jazz became GameLeader, and Tidus Vice-GameLeader. Unfortunately, Co-Leader COOLM@N left our clan. Neo replaced him, and Tidus replaced Jazz (who hasn't left our clan, but just retired from his job because he wasn't active enough) as Game-Leader. There were some problems with the site later, starting in May, but in June, everything was fine again. This month we also held clanwars vs. NW and CM. CC vs. NW, 10-0. CC vs. CM, 15-1. End of June, Neo created our new PHPbb Message Board, the CCMB, which is going fine (www.CraccoMB.cjb.net). So far, so good!

And here is the updated member list .

-ECC- = the 7 generals of CC

Cracco Boy - Leader
Neo - CoLeader
Tidus - GameLeader
Bolt
Jackass
ET
Trafton
Kill

-CC-

Howie
MattW
Guzz
Nimrod
Catz
Stunner
Tman
E-M@n
Piccolo
Link
Q
Nazgul

-Unactive-

SSJS
Rammstein
Squall
Gale
JoostV
Anubis
Knightlord

Last edited by neoCC; Sep 8, 2002 at 11:09 AM.
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Trafton AT is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2002, 10:30 AM
Happy Birthday to CC!

I'm glad to be a part of this clan, and I wish CC many more happy birthdays!

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Sep 8, 2002, 10:47 AM
Has it been that long already? Oh well, congrats .
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2002, 10:48 AM
I always forget how old CC is. It went so fast.
Chiyu

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Sep 8, 2002, 11:00 AM
Thanx Newspaz.

CC is now 3 years old and a few weeks, we're going to host some anniversary servers on CC next week or the week after and celebrate the birthday with a new tileset, and some new levels (and most likely a new concept).

Neo, thanks for thinking about this by uploading the full history and memberlist as a reminder to anyone. Honestly, leading CC for more 3 years now hasn't disappointed me, but I couldn't have managed it without the support from our members, including you and Trafton, Neo, and tons of others.

Okay, well, on to the 4th anniversary huh!!

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Sep 8, 2002, 11:25 AM
WøW thats Long
Congratulations

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2002, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday CC, that is very long for a clan. Ehh, I read the whole history off CC's site: http://craccoclan.netfirms.com/info.html

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2002, 04:26 PM
Actually, the history is quite interesting. It's a good read, even if you aren't interested in joining.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Sep 8, 2002, 05:23 PM
3 years, well ya lost da n00bstats

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Sep 9, 2002 at 12:48 AM.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Sep 8, 2002, 09:41 PM
Wow Shadow, you sound like you come from the contry. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
Chiyu

JCF member

Sep 9, 2002, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
Happy Birthday CC, that is very long for a clan. Ehh, I read the whole history off CC's site: http://craccoclan.netfirms.com/info.html
Well yes, the history is taken from the CC site, but with some recent history added (the things that happened so far in 2002 in a nutshell).

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 9, 2002, 06:44 AM
Thumbs up

Happy brithday, go for another 3 years

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2002, 07:07 AM
Happy anniversary,guys!^.^
Keep it on!

Banned

ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2002, 07:22 AM
congrats
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2002, 08:04 AM
Congrats, I almost cant believe that CC is 3 years old.

JCF member

Sep 9, 2002, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Saiyan
Congrats, I almost cant believe that CC is 3 years old.
And why is that?

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2002, 01:59 PM
Well, it only started becoming a large clan in about June 2000, and many don't remember it before that point. Many people do, however.
neoCC

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2002, 11:56 AM
Because of the 3 birthday there will be untill next week sunday CC servers will be running.
Come on everyone and enjoy it
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2002, 05:29 PM
The servers will be running around 3 PM EST, I believe.