Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Future J2O improvements/ideas

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 2, 2014, 01:39 PM
J2O uploads have been getting dodgy again. You know, the 0 bytes upload bug.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 6, 2014, 12:28 AM
I didn't have that problem but I fixed some other bugs that may be related so hopefully it's fixed now.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Mar 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz View Post
Idea: Write some code to automatically hide the holiday themed background, so it doesn't display when it's nearly April.
I realize this post was downvoted last time. But I genuinely think it was a good idea. I will even volunteer for it if necessary.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 22, 2014, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that shouldn't be hard to do.

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Apr 22, 2014, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to thank the staff for ex-banning me. I'm treading on thin ice with all the spamming - I'll keep the warnings in mind and express my sincere gratitude for J2O's continued service.

JCF Member

Oct 3, 2014, 02:02 PM
How about putting a link to this, at making a RabbitJournal post and comments? I had needed this but it's not in a very convenient place right now (it's only on photo comments, the least likely place you'd ever need this).
http://www.jazz2online.com/65/text-formatting/

Also make it more obvious that it's code. "You can use Textile to apply markup to your comments." Will probably go over people's heads. Most don't know that markup also means code unless you're into computing. Nor do I imagine them to know what textile is. I think "You can improve the look of your post by using code such as textile and BBCode with this guide" is better. Or, if you want something shorter "Click here on how to enhance the appearance of your post" is also good.

Oh, and a preview button for rabbitjournal would be a godsend, since you can't edit it once you post (unless you're an admin/mod, iirc).

Last edited by Treylina; Oct 3, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

Administrator

Oct 3, 2014, 03:05 PM
Textile is terrible. I'd love to switch to Markdown, but it's hard to do so in a way that's compatible with old posts.

Your suggestion is good though and I've added the link. Preview is more of a pipe dream, I don't have time for that at the moment.

JCF Member

Oct 3, 2014, 03:19 PM
Oh, when I meant to add it to comments, I meant the level review page. Though putting the link on posting a rabbitjournal entry is a good start.

JCF Member

FragmanZ is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2015, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone and long life the Jazz.
I'm sorry if I write this question in wrong topic.

Who is the owner of Jazz Jackrabbit trademark for now?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 29, 2015, 11:25 AM
Epic Games.

JCF Member

FragmanZ is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2015, 11:28 AM
Well, thank you. I had an idea to buy rights in bright far far future and now I know, that I must have a lot of money to make my dream come true =)))

Administrator

May 3, 2015, 09:06 AM

Discuss.

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

May 3, 2015, 09:20 AM
Include a download icon, screenshots between the header and the download details?

Administrator

May 3, 2015, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I should've said the screenshots still need to be included somewhere. Probably either above or beneath the download details, indeed. It's very much a quick mockup.

What do you mean with "download icon"; one of those floppy disk images?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 3, 2015, 01:31 PM
Honestly my first instinct would be to display a screenshot in all its 640x480 glory and scoot the rest of the design around that.

Administrator

May 3, 2015, 02:50 PM
I thought about that, but I don't want to go off the yellow-boxes look too far (however shitty it looks) because if I do that kind of necessitates a redo of other pages as well to keep things consistent... or of course the download info page could just be an outlier, but I kind of want things to be consistent.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

May 4, 2015, 04:19 AM
I don't mind the compact thumbnails, as I can see if they would show something of interest and just ask to be clicked. Try putting the screenshots between the Download button and tags list, and I believe the result is at least an improvement over the current layout.

After all, the biggest issue with the current layout, if you ask me, is the relatively obscure download button.

JCF Member

May 6, 2015, 03:30 PM
Will you ever be able to restore the side panels? I closed mine (I can't remember why) and I can't reopen them anymore. Also, you should put recent activity there since it's pretty much a hidden link.

Administrator

May 6, 2015, 04:16 PM
Have you tried "Customize" at the bottom of the side bar? Works fine for me, for adding panels.

JCF Member

May 6, 2015, 04:37 PM
Clicking it does nothing but let me drag around a useless "Add Panel" window (when I click on it, it does nothing, lets me drag it). I use firefox.

Administrator

May 6, 2015, 04:44 PM
Works fine for me in Firefox as well. There should be list of available panels (i.e. those you haven't added yet) with "Add" buttons, unless you've already activated them all (in which case it should probably display a message saying so...)

For some reason though your panel list as saved in the database was using an outdated format. I updated it, see if that did something.

JCF Member

May 6, 2015, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it works now.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

May 7, 2015, 02:49 AM
My "Add panels" thing was also blank, although I fixed it by closing an open panel.

JCF Member

proud2beamerican is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hello J2O! Don't you guys think that it is a little bit silly to be afraid of new users to the point where you don't even permit them to post a new thread after registration, verification, and posting 2 posts in existing threads?

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 18, 2015, 10:03 PM
Afraid of new users, not so much. Afraid of new users turning out to be spambots, yes.

But you seem pretty human, so welcome aboard!

JCF Member

Sep 18, 2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
But you seem pretty human, so welcome aboard!
You, on the other hand, seem to be pretty humane

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Sep 20, 2015, 01:51 PM
As Violet said, it's an anti-spambot measure - we've had issues with them in the past and the current settings seem to work well at filtering them out. That said I thought it was just one post that was needed, though there may be a delay before the forum software updates the account groups.

proud2beamerican

JCF Member

Sep 21, 2015, 01:25 AM
Hey, I really appreciate that the Stealth Admin himself replayed to me! Of course I understand all the problems with spam-bots. I just got a lil bit frustrated after I posted 3 replays in existing threads and still wasn't able to create my own thread. I was able to do so after Violet's appearance.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Dec 14, 2015, 05:11 PM
I think the forum "Future Jazz Jackrabbit games" should change its name to "Canceled Jazz Jackrabbit games" because it's been clear ever since I first join the site in 2001 that Jazz Jackrabbit III isn't happening any time soon.

Administrator

Dec 15, 2015, 02:29 AM
It's also a forum for fan productions.

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2015, 03:24 PM
At the screenshots upload page, it says

"...of 200 kilobytes at most."
This is no longer true. You can upload way over that amount. So, what's the new limit?

Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Jan 9, 2016, 03:58 PM
http://www.jazz2online.com/21/the-weapons-of-jazz2/

There is some incorrect information at the weapons page.

According to this page the regular seeker does 1 damage. I can confirm that's not accurate, the accurate one is 2. How do I know this? Well, it's simple. I have to hit tuf turtles two times to kill them, and not 4 times like with the default weapon blaster.

Furthermore I can kill ravens with one hit.

Not sure how much damage the powerup seeker does, I assume it's 3, but I'm not entirely sure.

But yeah, I also have a feeling it's more than just the seeker that has incorrect information.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 9, 2016, 04:11 PM
The numbers on that page refer to damage done to other players, not damage done to enemies or destructible blocks.

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Apr 10, 2016, 01:00 PM
I suggest jazz2online to add shoutbox or fusion between skype and irc chat which gives us jazz jackrabbit fans access to discord,new forum skins,custom animated avatars from jazz 1 or jazz 2 for jazz2online users and easier access to private message sections inbox and outbox-not only in normal jazz2online blog section,but also in forum.
Excuse me Stijn could you explain me why my private messages aren't visible?I hope you can read all of them.

Last edited by luke11685; Apr 12, 2016 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Lack of private messages

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Apr 12, 2016, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszdamianpiotrrygal View Post
I suggest jazz2online to add shoutbox or fusion between skype and irc chat which gives us jazz jackrabbit fans access to discord blah blah
I highly doubt this is going to happen. I suggested this before but the idea wasn't received well.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

Administrator

Apr 12, 2016, 11:19 AM
Yeah that's not going to happen. Maybe if Discord really takes off and everyone is on there all the time anyway, but at this moment it wouldn't be useful
luke11685

Banned

luke11685 is doing well so far

Apr 12, 2016, 11:32 AM
maybe in future?sega forums have list to which user someone sent private message.In here nobody's sure if message is received or not.Any colourful bar of sent messages were send properly like in forum like sega forums.I dislike covered threads of Jazz Jackrabbit fangames.Stijn should explain why he's doing so.

Last edited by luke11685; Apr 19, 2016 at 04:57 AM.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jul 8, 2016, 01:59 AM
A jelly theme for JCF!

EDIT: Okay the above was a lame joke. I'd really like to see more wiki content and/or an ability to edit the content ourselfs, like the Wikipedia itself I guess.

Also, if it happens, will we have the ability to add pictures?

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jul 12, 2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Now being serious.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jul 17, 2016, 04:33 AM
Sorry for the doublepost, but I didn't get any answer for the wiki thing. It's been 5 days.

JCF Member

Jul 17, 2016, 09:03 AM
Wiki has been down for security reasons for a long time.

If it comes back, I'm more than willing to work on it though.