Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

War Tavern forum proposals

View Poll Results: What would be best?
Keep the War Tavern in Jazz-Related Forums but change the forum description 9 36.00%
Move the War Tavern to Non Jazz-Related Forums and change the description 8 32.00%
Merge the War Tavern with the Art Forum 1 4.00%
Make the War Tavern a sub-forum of the Art Forum 3 12.00%
Change nothing 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Nov 14, 2006, 08:33 AM
War Tavern forum proposals

Recent discussion has sparked some proposals regarding the description and location of the War Tavern. Please answer this non-binding poll to help us decide what to do.

The current description ("Jazz 2 Stories") is not clear or accurate, as some stories here are not related to Jazz 2 at all. In the other thread Stijn suggested "Fiction written by members of this community" as a possible forum description. And if there is no requirement for postings here to be Jazz-related, it raises the question of whether this forum should remain in the Jazz-related category.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 14, 2006, 02:13 PM
I am definitely against anything that involves changing the forum's name, such as merging it with the art forum. The War Tavern is a part of the JJ2 community history, spanning from before the release of JJ2 to JJ3D. It has gained a communal physical conception, and its destruction would be a senseless action.
Also, its current position on the forums list is not only inherited from the JMMB, but cemented in pictures, lists, and even prose. Changing its description is one thing, but breaking ties with and rendering obsolete community history is another.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Nov 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
I liked how things remained relatively the same for the 4+ years i've been here.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 14, 2006, 02:57 PM
I feel like moving it out of Jazz Related would break any ties at all it has to JJ2, and people would just start posting whatever bad fanfiction or prose they happen to concoct (not that all fanfiction is bad. I'm just stereotyping). As is, it isn't always related to JJ2 but is almost always related to the community in some way, be it using other people's characters, a similar universe, or similar themes.

Personally, I'm in favor of an elongated description, something closer to the Community Game Deveopment description that specifies both Jazz and the community. "Jazz 2 Stories" is only three words long, and the "2" hardly ever applies. It could do with some elaboration of what it means.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Nov 14, 2006, 06:06 PM
I have to agree; I want the WT to stay in Jazz related; most of the stories here contain him in some form or other, and this has a whole seperate culture from the rest of the art forums.

Keep it clean, keep it mean and keep it here!

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Nov 15, 2006, 06:44 AM
Uh... Could someone change my vote from option 2 to option 1?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 15, 2006, 06:49 AM
Done. Well, I've substracted one of the # of votes for option 1 and added one to the # of votes for option 2, as individual vote editing is not possible.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Nov 15, 2006, 08:19 AM
It doesn't matter anyway since nobody can see what you voted.

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

Nov 15, 2006, 10:08 AM
Given the current closeness of the vote, it does matter.

The forum is Jazz-related, even not all individual threads are. This is a rather shaky argument, though. I do support the assertion that its current location is a part of the community's "heritage".

I'd be in favour of keeping it where it is, though I'm not particularly fussed about the description.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

Nov 15, 2006, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister
Given the current closeness of the vote, it does matter.

The forum is Jazz-related, even not all individual threads are. This is a rather shaky argument, though. I do support the assertion that its current location is a part of the community's "heritage".

I'd be in favour of keeping it where it is, though I'm not particularly fussed about the description.
It didn't matter that Stijn didn't literally switch Rad's vote, just the numbers.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
*N0B0DY's, not Radium's.

But yeah, you're right, it's just a bit more polite to tell him.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

Nov 15, 2006, 12:19 PM
This is why I hate avatars.
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Nov 15, 2006, 02:06 PM
Now how will this poll be totalled? Will 'Change nothing' be added as against shifting it to non-jazz related, for example?

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Nov 15, 2006, 06:04 PM
"Change nothing" means taking no action, including shifting it to non-Jazz related.

Coppertop is doing well so far

Nov 15, 2006, 08:12 PM
I must say I prefer the WT where it is, for most of the reasons already stated. The description probably should be updated.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubble Dutch
Now how will this poll be totalled? Will 'Change nothing' be added as against shifting it to non-jazz related, for example?
I think just the action with the most votes will be taken. As it is now, the WT will stay in Jazz-related and have its description changed as that's the option with the most votes.

Administrator

Nov 16, 2006, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
Recent discussion has sparked some proposals regarding the description and location of the War Tavern. Please answer this non-binding poll to help us decide what to do.
Read, the opening post -_-
Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:29 PM
Doubble Dutch
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: doesn't contribute