Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Missing platforms in online mode

Delmay

JCF Member

Delmay has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2021, 02:19 AM
Question Missing platforms in online mode

I'm trying to host a local (non split-screen) coop server for myself and a friend but I've noticed that the spinning purple platforms that should be present in the Labrat levels are missing, which makes Labrat1 impossible to pass. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

EDIT: I figured out if I just restart the level with the server set to coop the platforms appear. Sorry for opening a bug report. Feel free to remove this post.
Attached Images
File Type: png JJ2+ Online missing platforms.png (264.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Delmay; Jun 14, 2021 at 02:33 AM. Reason: I'm dumb

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2021, 07:12 PM
Yeah this isn't specific to platforms, it's more like when the game first loads a level, it needs to know "am I loading this level to be played in single player/coop?" And if not, a lot of stuff gets thrown out from the event list. Mostly enemies, but yes, also platforms. Other gamemode changes can be done freely post-load, but there'd be too much room for things to go wrong if we tried to have all the enemies and stuff suddenly appear in case you ever switched to /coop partway through.