Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz2online Community Pictures.

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Jan 15, 2012, 06:51 PM
Jazz2online Community Pictures.

So I was bored today and was like "I shall go look at that Jazz2online picture thingy.

http://www.jazz2online.com/pictures/

I was rather weirded out. Why? Because I recognize like 9 people out of the last 60ish pictures. and also that pictures posted less than 2 weeks ago have over 300 views. I've never heard seen almost any of these people on JCF ever, so who are these people? Is this like some other mini photoblog community tucked away? Do these people come to the pictures section but no anywhere else on j2o?

I would be rather interesting if a site admin could pull up some sort of picture gallery vs. JCF stats for things like views per page, active users, etc.

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Jan 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
It's because every other male J2O member secretly lusts over every other female J2O member and visits her picture lots of times to... yeah, you get the idea.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
I.m.h.o., facebook is ripped-off of Jazz2Online.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 15, 2012, 08:36 PM
I have a similar reaction... the names are just totally unfamiliar. I can only assume they're JJ2 players (as opposed to JCF users), since those names tend to be totally unfamiliar to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplat View Post
I.m.h.o., facebook is ripped-off of Jazz2Online.
oh man I was doing it wrong!

JCF Member

Jan 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
That would be correct. Most of them actively play online (DarkLight, Destique, so on and so forth). I wonder why they don't come over to the forum.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
Possibly because the forums have too many people who don't actively play online.

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2012, 03:41 AM
Come to think of it, I joined the JMMB only as the listserver was Down? My Memory may be Off.

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Jan 16, 2012, 05:01 AM
Hahaha. This thread is a funny one. Plunk, would you like to play JJ2 and be active online, instead of being "active" on JCF?

The point is here: active players in JJ2 are visiting jazzjackrabbit.net and it's forums more often than they visit J2O. They visit JJ.net because there is a tournament going on there, and it's easy for them to post on forums where they play matches, and there they can argue a lot! BELIEVE ME, YOU WOULDN'T LIKE THAT TO BE HERE! -means on arguing and flamewars-

They visit J2O often enough to upload some levels, check for other levels, view pictures and upload some pictures, too. It isn't bad to keep J2O online in that matter, but we all agree, J2O needs some refreshment, in any way.

Soooo, if you played JJ2 online more often, you could have already met those people who posted pictures on J2O. They're almost all active (well, let's say 99% of them).

The thing I wanted to say is that I would really like to meet YOU in JJ2 online. Yes, you. And not only you, I'd like to meet everyone from JCF. I hardly saw anyone playing it online for years. There are some 'oldies' who were inactive and who came back and were active in 2011 and some of them are still active. For example: Rag - still active, CelL - was active during the JDC season, and suddenly he disapeared, R3p- was active last year... and a lot of more I can't think of right now because my head is full of something else, what's not JJ2 :P.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 16, 2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
I would be rather interesting if a site admin could pull up some sort of picture gallery vs. JCF stats for things like views per page, active users, etc.
It's pretty much like JaRU described, I guess. Players go to JJ.net a lot, but as far as I know that site has no picture gallery, so that's what J2O gets used for by them, mostly.

I wouldn't mind cooperating with JJ.net a bit more given the shared userbase, but my impression has been that the JJ.net staff isn't really interested in that.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
I have to give DZ and Grytolle credit for not making JJ.net a total replacement to J2O though
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:57 AM
FawFul
This message has been deleted by FawFul.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Random User View Post
The thing I wanted to say is that I would really like to meet YOU in JJ2 online. Yes, you. And not only you, I'd like to meet everyone from JCF. I hardly saw anyone playing it online for years. There are some 'oldies' who were inactive and who came back and were active in 2011 and some of them are still active.
Most of the servers are dedicated servers hosting nothing but the same small set of levels over and over, and I can't host. There's just not much incentive to play.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
Then join a ZD and challenge someone.

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2012, 01:22 PM
You may join my Server, Zoboomafoo Creature Kingdom, and try Out some New, unreleasd Levels of Mine, or Play some rusty, Old favorites.

Automated scripts record statistics from Zeal Alpha (Capture) or Zeal Relaxer (Capture);

CtF stats from ZA are published via ZStats and test results from ZR are accessible by in-game chat.

To Stijn, I wondered what purpose JJNet had for another JJ Forum; by now, I can Tell that the theme of JJNet is oriented to gameplay, Clan Talk and small Talk, while J2O's Center is Level Design, Software releases and General JJ discussions. So, the overlapping Content Topics seem to be Map Selektion, Modifications and Forum Games.

Last edited by KRSplat; Jan 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
I do play regularly, but my timezone is radically different from everyone else's (GMT+8), which makes the only time I can reasonably play while everyone else is online past midnight.

I have been known to do that on occasion. I always wake up with eye bags.

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Jan 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
I honestly never knew that JJ.net had forums and stuff until I just read this =o. I thought the community was so much more dead

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
I come to the picture sections once every few weeks to see if people are hitting on me.

JUST LIKE ON FACEBOOK
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
Well, plunk, JJ2 is still active. More active than you could think!

Just like KRSplat pointed it out, UR, there is Zeal Alpha with different maps (and if you're bored, make a new level list and play. Level list changes, tho. Every month or two I think). DZ wouldn't mind to change it if more players will be in the server.

Also, there is Zeal Relaxer also. You should try it if you haven't. Tests are played there, and a lot of new commands and others are in that server. Kinda fun to play there if you're bored.

And, not to forget, visit some Zeal Duels to challenge someone for a duel/2v2/3v3 etc. You will surely play, not only one, but more games there, and on any level of 200+, I think, what are in ZD levellist.