Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ Suggestions

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 2, 2017, 04:40 PM
So what you're saying is they can.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 2, 2017, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
So what you're saying is they can.
Not if they want to replace standard turtle's graphics only (leaving original behavior), no. Violet's library makes their own versions of jjAnimations and so on. I'm interested with loading frames from files into default JJ's data structures. Less time spent reinventing the wheel, more time for actual level making.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 2, 2017, 05:01 PM
I think maybe you're not familiar with the jjPIXELMAP class or the jjANIMSET::allocate method, which together are all you need to create new animsets. The graphics you put in jjPIXELMAP instances before saving them to jjANIMFRAME instances could come from anywhere, including external files. PlusOJ, after all, does not use any .j2a files.

Quote:
Violet's library makes their own versions of jjAnimations
This is misleading... some of my classes resemble certain existing API classes in their function, but in the end the images you create end up inside jjAnimFrames, jjAnimations, and jjAnimSets.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 05:17 PM
Seren
This message has been deleted by Sir Ementaler. Reason: Not necessary.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 6, 2017, 04:07 PM
Hey all, we're now tracking suggestions in a dedicated JJ2+ Issue Tracker forum! Giving each potential feature its own separate topic makes it a lot easier for us to keep track of what people are interested in seeing, and hopefully it should be easier for you too. We're not going to reply to every single thread, but if you post in there, we'll definitely see it. Please help us fill up that forum with lots of amazing ideas, from the mundane tiny switches to the ridiculous pipe dreams. It's all appreciated.