Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Lori as Jazz and Spaz's sister

JustRob

JCF Member

JustRob is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2010, 09:53 PM
Lori as Jazz and Spaz's sister

I was just wondering, does it actually say anywhere in the game that Lori is Jazz and Spaz's sister?

Because on a character profile for Lori, Noogy commented that he always intended for Lori to be Spaz's love romance, even after she became a playable character. According to Noogy, people thought she was Jazz and Spaz's sister because Project Two stated that somewhere.

Anyway, if I'm going to do a Jazz fan project, I'd like to return Lori to being Spaz's love romance, but that wouldn't work if it's stated in Jazz 2 somewhere that she's a sister. I hate retconning.

Also here's another question: Why do people seem to think she was intended to be a wacko (like Spaz) before she became playable? Hell, all she did in the Jazz 2 ending is look cute. No crazy laugh, no flipped out expressions. Why did people start thinking this?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 5, 2010, 10:56 PM
To what materials would your definition of "in the game" extent? Because I doubt it says anywhere in the actual .exe and .j2s files that, say, Spaz is Jazz' sibling.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Feb 6, 2010, 12:04 AM
It was written on the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 6, 2010, 02:58 PM
I can't find my original Jazz2 box at this time, but my Christmas Chronicles box states: 'their athletic sister Lori', and what's on the box came out of Project2's mouth. I'm not sure about Noogy's original intentions for the character, if he said (after TSF release) that Lori wasn't their sister but a 'girlfriend' of some sort, then I'd say the words of a developer are correct.
JustRob

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2010, 03:45 PM
Well, if you check here, you can check Noogy's comment. He states Project Two just made Lori the sister without discussing it with him.

I sort of want to make it a love romance, but then there's going to be alot of players confused about the text on the box. Then again, who still really has the box, probably only a few people and collectors. Plus the JJR2 ending movie did show Spaz drooling over Lori... Hmmm

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2010, 07:21 AM
The characters aren't the same. Lori is a revamped version - a new character.

Quote:
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
JustRob

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2010, 09:30 AM
That's just what Project 2 made of it. When Noogy animated that ending scene, he didn't know he was going to make Lori yet, but when he animated Lori in TSF he did intend for her to be that yellow bunny in the ending scene.

So yeah, what're we gonna choose, Noogy's intentions or what Project 2 released to the public.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Feb 7, 2010, 10:17 AM
Spaz spazzed out when he discovered Lori, but after he found out she was a Jackrabbit, Dr.Jones stole her and I believe they're now happily married.

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2010, 02:01 PM
The character at the ending was the inspiration for Lori yes, but Lori was still created as a new character. Read this quotation, "That yellow bunny seemed good (and I love female playable characters), but she was too goofy looking."

The thing about Noogy's statement is that if the yellow bunny girl at the end of the cinematic and the new revamped Lori was the one and same character, then you'd have to explain a plot hole where the character literally changed design.

Instead, there was most likely intended no direct connection between the two and Lori would just bear resemblance to the previous girl.

Quote:
*sings*
JustRob

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2010, 02:10 PM
But then we still have the plothole of Spaz hugging her in the ending... I know about Jazz advance and his avances with Miss Cottontail, but I don't like to think of them as players.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Feb 7, 2010, 10:02 PM
I never would have considered that girl at the end of JJ2 to be Lori from TSF. I always thought she was some random chick... lol

Either way, I was bitterly disgusted by JJA... They managed to trash everything and puking sounds about right considering how sickening the game really was...

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Feb 8, 2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Either way, I was bitterly disgusted by JJA... They managed to trash everything and puking sounds about right considering how sickening the game really was...
Says the guy who wants a Kingdom Hearts tatoo.

It's not a plothole if we just discount one of more of the statements made. Lori is Jazz and Spaz's sister and the yellow bunny is Spaz's entirely different love interest. Look, an explanation that fits into the remarkably limited canon of the game's universe!

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:51 AM
Well, thanks to Project2 I've always seen Lori as Lori Jackrabbit, the sister of Jazz and Spaz. And nothing is changing my mind now. After I played through TSF, and saw the original JJ2's ending again, I always thought Spaz was like 'OMG Wow I've got a nice new little sister woohoooo'...

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Feb 9, 2010, 11:26 AM
except she's not his sister

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Feb 12, 2010, 02:58 AM
I guess most people readily accepted Lori as being Jazz & Spaz' sister not only from the blurbs on the boxes but also to establish a sort of weird rule that within this series of games siblings would pop up at any moment.

Jazz 2 gave us Spaz. Based upon a design for a background prop in one of the Holiday Hare episodes he suddenly turned out to be a brother in the second game.

Jazz TSF gave us Lori. Based upon the design of a throw away character from the ending cinematic of Jazz 2 she suddenly turned out to be a sister in the expansion.

If anything this tradition should continue ultimately leading to 4 player co-op in the next game with an entire family of Jackrabbits. Though technically Eva would count as I'd assume she and Jazz finally got the deal done and got married.

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Feb 13, 2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Jazz TSF gave us Lori. Based upon the design of a throw away character from the ending cinematic of Jazz 2 she suddenly turned out to be a sister in the expansion.
Which is why I despise her. Playing with Devan would rule so (-)(-)(-)(-)ing much, though. Something I've been dreaming about for years. Dude's a badass.

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2010, 02:53 AM
Wasn't the blue 'technical' rabbit, Razz, supposed to be of the Jackrabbit family as well? Not that I dislike that idea or anything, I just remember reading something like that in the past.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 14, 2010, 03:02 AM
I think he was supposed to be the siblings' cousin, an inventor, or something. As far as I know he was the one who supposedly designed the rocket in the JJ3 demo. But I don't think he ever got further than that one image:

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 14, 2010, 12:55 PM
Pretty sure he was Eva's cousin.

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2010, 11:44 PM
The fur color is a dead giveaway, don't you think

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Feb 15, 2010, 12:59 AM
It would be, if not for the fact that Jazz, Spaz, and Lori were all different colors as siblings.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 15, 2010, 01:56 AM
Spaz uses dye.

ETA: Razz also appears in this picture.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Feb 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
Raz seems confused by simple objects.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 25, 2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
Spaz uses dye.

ETA: Razz also appears in this picture.
Pretty sure he was Eva's cousin.
The link doesn't even work. Dang, I've always wanted to see actual fanart of Razz. Wierd, in the Jazz wiki it said Razz was Jazzes cousin....I'm confused.

As for the topic itself, I really don't see the "new" Lori with Spaz. Sorry, I just don't. A cute yellow jackrabbit with some mental looking creature....uh. I personally see Lori as being more with a sporty guy, or some um..."manly" man? XD

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Wierd, in the Jazz wiki it said Razz was Jazzes cousin....I'm confused.
If Razz is Eva's cousin and Jazz is married to Eva then Razz would be Jazz's cousin-in-law, for lack of better terminology.

...i think

Last edited by Sonyk; Feb 25, 2010 at 09:37 AM.

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Feb 25, 2010, 08:41 AM
?!
I haven't even the foggiest WHAT you're talking about...

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 25, 2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT32 View Post
?!
I haven't even the foggiest WHAT you're talking about...
Were talking about Lori's relationship status...then went onto Razz. Is it really that hard to understand? No?

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2013, 03:06 PM
I think Spaz and Lori were good together if Dr.Jones not"steal" poor Lori and marries her. But Spaz has had to change (not a little) to get this girl. Which probably would have succeeded him. I would like to see Spaz and Lori together. This is just my opinion.