Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

I'm sorry I don't think I'm returning, I might but as of right now I won't.

Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Blaze The Movie Fan has disabled reputation

Jun 11, 2015, 05:37 AM
I'm sorry I don't think I'm returning, I might but as of right now I won't.

I really have overgrown this game, and don't have fun with it anymore, I'm sorry.

I will say it was fun to play the game in the past, but yeah, I don't think I can do it anymore, I'm sorry. But if Frank is still around (which I doubt) I would like to thank him for helping me out back when I was a kid. And during my teenage years, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be handle the Internet as well as I do today. I also would like to thank labratkid, I know he goes by different name but I honestly don't remember.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't have fun with this game anymore and am moving on.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jun 11, 2015, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
I think I'm gonna leave again, unlike four years ago, I'm actually gonna announce it now.

To be honest, even though I did have fun with Jazz Jackrabbit 2, I don't love the game. In fact I think it's pretty meh. So what's the point of being part of a community of a game I'm not a fan of?

If I will ever be back, I will announce it. I believe that this community is mostly dead anyway. Yeah, there still are a few Jazz Jackrabbit 2 players, but they are few unfortunately. (keep in mind that lack of activity isn't the main reason I decided to leave, it's because I don't love the game anymore.)

So goodbye, everyone. Take care.
Two months later...

Quote:
Well, I decided to return. I remember why I used to love the game. And I will gladly play it again.

Yeah, the game is easy, but it has a lot of amusing enemies, like the lizards, they are so laughably goofy.

So yeah, I will be making more videos about Jazz Jackrabbit 2 on my YouTube channel in the future.

I'm glad to be back to this community again. I don't promise to be active here a lot, but I will come in here to check levels here and there.
See you in the next 2 months.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jun 12, 2015, 01:44 AM
You have an everswitching mood and mindset don't you? Well there are more JJ2 players who have 'moved on' but tend to return whenever they feel nostalgic about their young years. There's no shame in visiting this site or JJ2 like once a year if you feel like it.

Labratkid (known as Lark) basically did the same thing. See his recent 'When I was 15' thread for inspiration.

JCF Member

Jun 12, 2015, 08:32 AM
Many people (including me) have phases where they lose interest in JJ2 then come back into it. I've been in a phase where I'm not so interested right now. Usually people who announce leaving with sentimental tones come back at some point, due to the emotional attachment. Those who truly leave tend to do so silently.

The public servers may be full of awful players, but organised games (i.e camel duels) and JDC are way above their league.

Last edited by Treylina; Jun 12, 2015 at 08:44 AM.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 12, 2015, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Two months later...

See you in the next 2 months.
That's irrelevant because I'm not talking about the community, I'm talking about the game itself, and I have no fun with it anymore. And yeah I am willing to admit I did lie when I made that previous post, but I assure you it wasn't intentional, I'd never lie on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Labratkid (known as Lark) basically did the same thing. See his recent 'When I was 15' thread for inspiration.
I will when I have time, but I'm busy right now with something personal.

Oh and also, can someone tell me if Frank is still around? That's something I'm still wondering about.

JCF Member

Jun 12, 2015, 12:13 PM
You mean Frank Quist (FQuist) who used to create and manage J2O back in the day? Well I haven't seen him on J2O for a long time and he's busy with a time-consumimg job. You could try sending him a line on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FQuist
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 12, 2015, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
You mean Frank Quist (FQuist) who used to create and manage J2O back in the day? Well I haven't seen him on J2O for a long time and he's busy with a time-consumimg job. You could try sending him a line on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FQuist
If he's moved on there is no point in messaging him. Especially if it's because of something way past its relevancy.

JCF Member

Jun 13, 2015, 12:14 AM
Ehh, it's not like he died and got resurrected as a different guy. It's still the same Frank. If you want to send him gratitute for helping you in your online teen years I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Or don't, it's your call but I assumed you were looking for a way to say thanks.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 13, 2015, 05:42 AM
I sent him the link to this thread but he couldn't remember his login

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Jun 13, 2015, 01:26 PM
Honestly, I've always liked DOS original more than JJ2. It's just that more was happening.

Please play DOS original, even shareware episode before you'll decide that you're absolutely too old for this game.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Member

Jun 13, 2015, 08:52 PM
I don't even care much for the "mash spacebar and run to win" default SP levels either. I'm convinced you don't look hard enough, glanced at the uploads section then popped into a public server and find braindead players who may not even want to play (sig below lolol). Most of the good players reside in private servers or JDC.

Play Sir Ementaler's SP levels and some organised matches in camel duels. Or play against Jetbanana who's one of the very few good public players. I know more challenging SP levels, they are just scarce to come by.

And of course there are always those...tests of varying difficulty. Most who start off struggle with them. But that's not really the essence of JJ2, it's mostly learning how to control your rabbit.

...and after that, say how easy everything in JJ2 is. This is all from my years experience.

However if you haven't lost interest just because of the whole "too easy" thing, then nevermind this post.

Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 16, 2015, 12:05 PM
Yeah trust me difficulty is totally irrelevant.

I will gladly tell you the reason why I quit.

I no longer like the guns I can use. They are too sugarcoated to be any threat. How is a gun with a kiddy beam that doesn't look even a little bit threatening fun?

I will admit I still find the silliness of the enemies funny.

But the rabbits who are the protagonists are dull and have barely any personality.

Say whatever you want about Superman but at least he has personalities beyond just one brief personality. Spaz and Jazz have none. And I'm only judging it on what I can do in these games, the cartoony intro is totally irrelevant.

And why would I want to play the earlier games if I don't even like Jazz or Spaz? I wouldn't that's the thing.
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Jun 16, 2015, 09:27 PM
Damn. Nice seeing you around here, Bjarni.

I don't play any video games anymore currently, but I definitely would get on JJ2 sometimes if all the old players still would. As fun as that would be, it will most likely never happen. I don't know any of the new players, nor do I care to meet them because the game is terrible from a competitive standpoint and I'm not here to meet new friends. If there were still people playing that I knew, I would play for the social/nostalgia aspect, but being as that won't happen, there's really no point to me.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jun 16, 2015, 09:31 PM
Hey Blaze the Movie Fan, it's me, Labratkid. Please call me Matt, okay? Send me an email. It'd be nice to hear from you - Larkedd@gmail.com
Old Jun 17, 2015, 04:58 AM
Blaze The Movie Fan
This message has been deleted by Blaze The Movie Fan. Reason: I have something to add, and if I didn't delete this thread wouldn't be at the top.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 19, 2015, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark View Post
Hey Blaze the Movie Fan, it's me, Labratkid. Please call me Matt, okay? Send me an email. It'd be nice to hear from you - Larkedd@gmail.com
Have you heard from Frank lately?

I know he has Twitter but does he have facebook as well? Or Skype? Because I never use Twitter.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I find it odd that nobody attempted to refute any of the points I made regarding Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I know you guys respect my decision, but there must be something wrong with what I said.

Don't worry I won't be offended. I have been on YouTube for so long that the only thing that will get to me is slandering to an extreme degree.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 19, 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
I find it odd that nobody attempted to refute any of the points I made regarding Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I know you guys respect my decision, but there must be something wrong with what I said.

Don't worry I won't be offended. I have been on YouTube for so long that the only thing that will get to me is slandering to an extreme degree.
The game is what it is. If it doesn't appeal to you (anymore), why would we try to argue with you about it? To each their own.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 20, 2015, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
The game is what it is. If it doesn't appeal to you (anymore), why would we try to argue with you about it? To each their own.
Yes but my point is I like to know if any of my reasons for leaving the game are stupid or incorrect.

If they're not I'm glad.

JCF Member

Jun 20, 2015, 10:33 AM
It's more like if you feel you have a good reason to leave this game, you have. Such decisions are made personally.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2015, 09:01 AM
Just point out if I said something wrong, how is that hard to do? Don't be blinded by the fact that I had a good reason to leave.

I don't want anything sugarcoated.

JCF Member

Jun 22, 2015, 02:24 PM
"there must be something wrong with what I said." to " Don't be blinded by the fact that I had a good reason to leave." smh.

I can't be arsed debating about this. I think it's pretty clear from all of us that we just don't care enough despite disagreeing.

Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Jun 23, 2015, 01:06 AM
This thread deserves a phrase which was pretty popular "back in the day"
ROFL U'LL BE BAK TMRW.

JCF Member

Jun 23, 2015, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
This thread deserves a phrase which was pretty popular "back in the day"
ROFL U'LL BE BAK TMRW.
That's why the title is "I don't think I'm returning", since I don't know for sure if I will return to the game or not.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jun 23, 2015, 12:48 PM
Technically, since this conversation has been going on for over a week, you already have been "BAK TMRW" several times.

Also, TBH, you don't need to still play the game to be a part of this community.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jun 24, 2015, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Also, TBH, you don't need to still play the game to be a part of this community.
That ^

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 24, 2015, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Technically, since this conversation has been going on for over a week, you already have been "BAK TMRW" several times.
Again, I'm talking about the game, not the community. How is it hard to comprehend?

Administrator

Jun 24, 2015, 12:29 PM
Alright, I'm tired of getting these in my update feed, so let's make an attempt.

Your stated problems with the games:
  • The guns are "too sugarcoated to be any threat", and thus not fun.
  • The characters in the game "are dull and have barely any personality".

Okay. The first thing can't really be argued with. Apparently you don't think cartoonish guns make for a fun game. And apparently lots of other people do, or they think the game has enough other qualities that whether the guns are fun or not doesn't matter. Wrong or right doesn't enter the equation, it's purely a matter of opinion; does the style of the game appeal to you? Looks like for you that's not, or no longer, the case. And that's fine.

The second point is similar. Apparently you think that strong characters are important for a game to be fun and that Jazz Jackrabbit 2 doesn't have strong characters, or that its characters are not interesting enough. If you care about that sort of thing, I can see how playing Jazz Jackrabbit isn't appealing for you anymore. If you don't, as is apparently the case for most players, it wouldn't be an obstacle for playing the game. Either is fine.

It's evident that people here are fine with you not liking the game. Your grounds for not liking it are things no one cares to argue about because they're largely personal preference and, as they say, there is no accounting for taste.
Blaze The Movie Fan

JCF Member

Jun 24, 2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that's all I wanted, sorry if I pressured you. I'm done posting in this thread, I might read most posts, but I won't post in this thread anymore.

The only way I will post here again is if for some reason I get interested in the game again, which might happen we never know. Take care everybody. I'm unsubscribing from this thread and logging out now, no reason to be logged in if I'm not gonna post here.