Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJM

Sfaizst

JCF Member

Sfaizst is an asset to this forum

Dec 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
JJM

Hello,

JJM is a external program that can be used similar like plus, instead of starting Jazz2+ you are starting JJM, thats the only diffrence...

JJM can be used as Client and as Server / Dedicated Server utility and is since today here aviable, it's not replacing plus, it's an additional tool for, it's working at it's best on TSF.

ReadMe of JJM (see the features and commands there)

If you saw something other about JJM just forget it, here are the facts about it, with the newest version, you only need to download it (as zip or as a setup), need to install it and let it detecting JJ2...

Screenshoots:

Private Chat

GetMeR in JJM

How to install:

1. Download the zip-file or the Setup

(2-Setup). Install the Setup (Install the Flash player too)

(2-ZIP). (Download and) Install Flash if it's not installed (Flash must be installed with Internet Exporer or directly, if you installed it in Firefox it wont work)

3. Start JJM.exe

4. Slect where your Jazz2+.exe file is and make the configuration step by step

5. Finish (eventually you can make a shortcut to JJM.exe on your screen)

6. Play and have fun

Downloads:

Current JJM Version as zip (V.0.6.1)

JJM as setup, flash is inclueded (V.0.6.1)

Flash Player install (i think its a older version, if you use the zip file use it)

Links:

JJM-Admin Panel
This Panel can be used from JJM-Servers, to use just forward the JJport-1 in your router (so as default 10051)

JJM Informations and Tipps (on carrotus.com)

Paralell Thread about JJM-Script

Videos:

Old Preview about the weapon system of JJM

Have fun with JJM,

if you got any Problems, please post them here (if you got some error messages after configurating just perss "ok" and ignore them)

Sfaizst

Last edited by Sfaizst; Jan 28, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
Looks interesting. Can you use it simultaneously with JJ2+?
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
This program needs plus (atm the current version from June or July 30 i think), if Blur update Plus i need to update JJM too, many functions of JJm are based on plus...

JCF Member

Cosmo is doing well so far

Dec 25, 2010, 06:34 AM
Finally someone made JJM acticle....

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Dec 25, 2010, 08:38 AM
Lol. Starcraft, you keep surprising me every day .

JCF Member

HotRodGR is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hopefully we'll get to see more dedicated servers from now on...

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Dec 27, 2010, 05:14 AM
You mean we have too few?

JCF Member

Dec 28, 2010, 02:59 AM
Yea Gry, we have too few, we need about 50 servers all the time online (hmm, it would be really awesome to find other players in the big list of servers )

[/sacasm off]

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Dec 28, 2010, 04:38 AM
It worked the 1st time i used it directly after installing it. Now it says it cant read jjm.dll, and that i should copy it from temp to my jj2+ folder.
The file was already in my TSF folder but I still copied the one from Temp to my TSF folder, yet I still keep getting the same error message.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Sfaizst

JCF Member

Dec 28, 2010, 05:18 AM
Hmm, weird, what for an Operating System are you using? I'm sure it's not working on older systems like windows 98,...

JCF Member

Dec 28, 2010, 06:17 AM
windows 7

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Dec 28, 2010, 11:23 PM
The DLL error open up when I try to open JJM tools, whereas this is what happens when I try to open JJM itself (on win7):

In C:\Program Files(x86)\TSF\JJM\JJMConfig.ini kann nicht geschrieben werden.
Which means that JJM (or some1/something) can't write in this .ini file.

Got any clues as to why? I'll go for a re-install, cuz JJM worked fine right after I'd launched it from the installer itself.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Sfaizst

JCF Member

Dec 29, 2010, 12:40 AM
In Windows 7 / Vista JJM can't get writing access to the ini Files in it's own folder if its in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ (for the 64-bit users), if you install JJM there you should run it as administrator or copy it to an other folder... This is written in the ReadMe too...

JCF Member

Dec 29, 2010, 02:56 AM
Ooops...
But aren't you glad I brought it up in case somebody else does a stupid thing, like not reading the ReadMe?

Thx btw

EDIT: Works like a charm!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Last edited by [GpW]Urbs; Dec 29, 2010 at 03:09 AM.
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Dec 29, 2010, 07:26 AM
hahaha, good job man!

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 7, 2011, 01:28 PM
Two weird things have happened to me today. I use JJM for about 2 days and I'm far from understanding its every feature, so in case it was all my fault I ask for understanding. In case it matters, my OS is Windows XP.

Umm, so the first bug happened when I was playing online with JJM. It was a test, and in one place I had to wallclimb.
/wc on
/wc on
wtf
The commands didn't even appear for me in the chatbox, obviously there was also no result. "wtf" appeared without any problem though. I tried ctrl+1 as I recalled that thing about different kinds of chat, but the only thing I achieved was also normal text disappearing. Basically I think there were two kinds of chat where normal text was visible but commands not, and two kinds where none was visible. In the end I just left and rejoined with regular JJ2+.

The second bug occurred when I was playing around with JJM-script in my TCP/IP server so no one can enter. Nothing special, a very simple piece of script which just morphed a player into Spaz and let him jump infinitely, and when achieving the top of the level writing "/c" so it cycles (to the same level). It has nothing to do with the problem as I believe. Simply put, after one of cycles, JJM just stopped to read the script. I cycled the level by hand few times, but it still didn't run the script. The same happened after restarting JJ2. It just doesn't see it anymore. I guess I'll fix it somehow as the example levels work, but I wonder what could've happened.

Also, the music doesn't work at all, but I'm almost sure it's my fault somehow. Help would be welcome though.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Jan 8, 2011, 01:51 AM
BTW sfazist, sometimes while chattin in TC about the Enemy, you want to be able to say other stuff than just numbers. Like ES(and then maybe the number)
ES- enemy ready to score.
Maybe there was something else, but I dont remember anything specifically.
Love the auto ctf codes otherwise!

Oh ya another thing, not a complaint, but a thing that would make JJM auto teamchat even more l33t: maybe report health automatically when you take the flag and not only when one gets hit?

I'd hate for you to think this is criticism, cuz it isn't. I'm just saying how an utility which already rocks, could be improved even further!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 8, 2011, 02:01 AM
Oh right, also after pressing esc key (with JJM special chat disabled), random crap too often appears. It seems to be something like last used command, or maybe a random one. I don't feel safe with it, as I may kill or kick someone by accident, or break something else.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Jan 13, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thank your for the informations and your bug reports, i will try to reconstruct the situation you had and try to fix the bug then, about the chat thing I'm generally not happy how it's working, I'm searchning since a while on other ways to detect if enter is pressed...

It will take a while unitl i can release a new version, if you have any bugs please dont hold yourself back, for linux users: I know you have a lot bugs if you got JJM working, i'll try to fix bugs too and want to release a video that explayns all (how to install JJ (with the newest plus) and JJM correctly on wine and how to configurate it in future)

(I really have a lot to do at work atm, so please give me a litttle time), In the next version i want to fix some bugs in the Sounds of JJM (killing spree,...), want to fix the bugs you said and want to make it better if you are running JJM more times, in the scripting i want to add a lot too, but i can't say atm where i begin (for is still not working)

See ya...

Sfaizst

Oh, before I forget, if you have more Ideas just post them, i will read them, when i have the time...
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2011, 02:07 PM
Hey @all,

today i updated JJM, for the players where the automatic Updater is not working just download it here... i tried to fix all bugs, at the moment i cant say how stable the recoded commands / chat things are, but on our test machines it's working now a lot better, i edited the script engine a bit too, the starting after cycling,... should work now too, if someone capture a flag in commands mode "auto team chat" the health will be automatic said (had it earlyer in, so i edited only 3 lines of code ), it's now possible to start JJM and JJ from Jazztool or other similar tools now and I added the new functions you saw in JJM-Script,

so a lot bug fixes, i really hope you wont get any problems with this little update, but if you have only one unknown bug please post it!

All the Bugfixes you can see in the ReadMe of JJM (on the top of the Thread)...

Sfaizst

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Jan 28, 2011, 09:02 AM
It crashes when the level cycles, during the downloading. Both times crashed when I was downloading a music file. Btw, sounds are good, but they don't fit. score5 and score10 are from Counter Strike (or not). I saw it on some servers and there are much more voices like that. Killing spree, unstoppable, Godlike etc. Find them all. Don't add 2 different voices.

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2011, 03:17 PM
I dont know where some sounds came from (or cant remember), i got them from an other player (I think about to disable it for the custom gamemodes of plus, because there are the score counter is working diffrent in these)...
About the download problem... I know this, but i dont know exactly where it some from, it have something to do with the dll, but I normally disabled the part what have to do with it and I get the crashes only at bigger music files >1MB and sometimes without JJM sometimes too.

(As Info, If I not answer all things It's not that I'm not reading them, all what you say here is readed and I try to add you wish or fix the bug)