Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Apokallyipsis

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

May 20, 2001, 04:52 PM

Coming soon, the next chapter of the Sureal Saga
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 20, 2001, 05:09 PM
If the above image does not show, go to this

link

http://www.geocities.com/akm_7/APromo.jpg
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 20, 2001, 08:26 PM
The page does not exist.

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

May 21, 2001, 05:59 AM
*cries*
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 21, 2001, 11:54 AM
Infernal .html thingy
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

May 21, 2001, 02:22 PM
Wot he said.

Kove, does this mean you're writing another one? YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, um, maybe it's a little early to be asking, but are you taking joiners?

Read my story in War Tavern! I renamed it: Conquerer!

Whatever.

I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me. -Phillipians 4:13

"So what?" -Coppertop

"When Life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

Coppertop

May 21, 2001, 02:39 PM
Oh, and, how do you say that title? I can't pronounce it
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 21, 2001, 05:22 PM
(Long) A, Po, Kawl, Ip, Sis

www.geocities.com/akm_7/APromo.gif

give that URL a shot

JCF Éminence Grise

May 21, 2001, 05:26 PM
Not there.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 21, 2001, 05:49 PM
Haha, I think I understand my eternally evil

computers logic. Don't follow the link, but

type the url...and it SHOULD work...I hope...

JCF Member

May 21, 2001, 06:08 PM
*cries harder*

It works, Kovey!

*SOB*

JCF Éminence Grise

May 21, 2001, 11:55 PM
Well.... It's there... What is it? I give up.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 22, 2001, 03:15 AM
Well, I can't tell you much, but that is

the main chrachter, seen from the back.
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

May 22, 2001, 01:26 PM
Mmm (heh, sorry... =\) I got it working through something in getright... viewing the homepage or someting
*BlackSheep

May 22, 2001, 06:35 PM
yAy!! I love you Kovey!! Sureal is back!!!!!!!23

*Black
Coppertop

May 22, 2001, 08:23 PM
She said it!

JCF Member

May 23, 2001, 09:57 AM
Oh, my, am I flooding everything? *sob*

Aw, it's just to HEARTbreaking..*sniff*

Kovey!?!234 *cries* You are the most wonderful on the planet!23

Siiiigh..

Coppertop

May 23, 2001, 11:47 AM
*panics* Where's my air tank?!?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 23, 2001, 11:51 AM
Ahhhhghh! Being flooded with praise!

Hehe, thank ye all. And BlackSheep, it isn't

*REALLY* another Sureal Story, but another

spinoff, but three charachters from Sureal

will be in it...BETCHA CAN'T GUESS WHO! HAHAHAHA!

Uhm, nevermind that...
Phoebe

May 24, 2001, 06:37 AM
Uh, well, nice picture

*BlackSheep

May 30, 2001, 01:01 PM
Betcha I can!!!!! Cause you told me, remember :P

Goosey.

Get movin'

*Black
Nightshade

JCF Member

Nightshade is doing well so far

May 30, 2001, 01:11 PM
yAy! A story by Kovu! clapclapclapclapclap!

JCF Member

Jun 4, 2001, 06:22 AM
June IV, MMI

From the beginning of the Sureal series, back in the JMMB, there was nothing like it.. once in a while I will still go back and fight my way through the ruins of that board, taking the long way through everything, battleing the falling shards of thread and links, just to read it over. The only other story that I was in that ever seemed actually real to me was Cobra's unfinished Akeldama. I was the bad guy..*evil cackle* Ahh, those were the good old days... If someone doesn't maim Kovu for life or something I think he's doomed to write sequel after sequel until death doth part us. Heheh.. but anyway. Thats beside the subject. I'm supposed to be writing an introduction here.

Um.

I guess I kinda lost my train of thought there... but, a-anyway..

The first Sureal, the Quest of the Carrotus Emerald or whatever it was called, was brilliant. I think despite how much I loved the third one, this might of been my favorite maybe bcause of all the character development or something? But I liked the way Tyio was introduced and kept fighting evil and all that, which came back in later after we'd all thought he'd conquered it, in that Lunatek stuff. Was that in the fourth one..? I guess I haven't read them enough And of course the odd twist that he was a demon. Sort of. And never mind all those groovy characters in the first story, what with Zera and Nairen and the whole lot of US, Kovey and meeee and Dazz Darkrabbit and whatsisname(defalcon?) and Kayle and Aldan and those other two, and then going into the next ones he finally got Blackie mixed up in the whole mess. Was Blizzy ever in it?I found a quote in the Odyssey, for which you really have to have a broad mind to even think about associating the story to it, but it goes like this:

So he lifted the keel of that ship, and in her wake

an indigo wave hissed and roiled

As she ran straight ahead, not even a falcon

Lord of the Skies, could have matched her pace..

See, well I kinda pictured the ship being the story, and...oh never mind.

When Kove got to the much awaited third part whateveritwascalled, Sands of something, it was short but I liked it best. It was the most emotional, and all that. As some of you might know my favorite movies next to action/adventure are sad ones. I don't know if any of you have ever read Lloyd Alexanders books but anyway he has this unique funny way of kind of intertwining romance in a really inane, blunt, funny, backgrounded way with everything and its perfect, and I don't know HOW Kove did that but he did, I mean it wasn't quite as funny more then in the distance and quiet but it was like, perfect. I don't like romance(as Blackie could tell you if you were that curious) at all and the only time I EVER liked it in a movie was The Patriot, but anyway Kovu was just FABulous about the whole thing, even though I had no idea what he was talking about until sometime early in March, I believe when Black kindly tried to explain it all to me..but thats also beside the subject. Eheh, Ive been babbleing haven't I.

Well, I wasn't sure when I was supposed to post this, what with Kovey off gallavanting in the nether regions, so I'll just..post it..

What can I say? I have a great latin quote but I don't know how to spell it.

I give you Sureal V, Apokallyipsis!

Ducky Greyrabbit

a Diamondus Eternum

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 4, 2001, 06:26 AM
It was on this day, one year ago, that I wrote the beggining of Sureal: The Quest of

The Carrotous Emerald.

It opened a new dimension to War Taverning,

atleast for me. It changed the War Taverns

face, and it's legend will never die.

Now, the Fifth sequel to that first tale comes to you, behold it's glory. And enjoy...

Sureal V

Apokallyipsis: Dream of the Blue Turtles

by Kovu Aka Alec

Co-authored by: Ducky and BlackSheep

Part One: Voyage of The Beagle

Chapter One: Doomed and Rescued

Carrotous hung perilously in the eternal night. A swirling mass of green and blue, white and beige. A beautiful world. A beatiful world, about to be marred. Hopping out of a vertice of a single atom, a bird shaped warship slows from HyperSpace.

"Warning, power centerfuge disturbed, warning..." the computer's high pitched voice shreiked as a sleek, black ship ripped across the surface of the warship. It, itself, had two forward, weapon/engine prongs and a single pilot/power/computer pod in the back. It was a asassin's ship, for the pilot was a asassin. The nimble fighter dodged blaster fire and poured it's own into the turrets that resisted it. It had to suceed.

The warship was a Kournan Type-S, called 'The Valkrieye.' It was from the planet Knn. And it was fitted with a deadly weapon.

The fighter, speeding across the redish black hull, was scanning for a thinner portion of the hull, a glass window, something weak. Then, the pilot spied it. A glass upwelling, to the right, pretty far off course. So now they wheeled the ship around to face it, allowing the turrets to train there barrels onto it. Then, as the V shaped plane cut through the void, orbs of energy smashed into it from all sides, dotting the armor. It would matter not, soon. Having arrived at the half-sphere, the pilot plowed into it, the translucent alluminum shattering in a million shards into the void.

On the vice end of 'The Valkrieye', away from the thrusting of the engines, the poingiant head was bombarded by lines of laser fire, exploding with chunks of molten steel on it's point. Thease were delivered by several orbital Carrotian stations. And on one of thease, other things unfolded.

Rabbits, dressed in full combat armor, hustled down the polished white halls, whilst the power core hummed and hiccuped under the drain from the lasers. Circuitry burst in electricity and corridors filled with fire. A perfectly chaotic time. A perfectly chaotic time for rabbit behind a dusty, old ventalation grate installed in the ceiling, the greyish white rabbit leaped. Short of stature, she had shiny black hair that fell about her waist, and grey green eyes. She held, tight as anything, a wooden staff with a curious stone at the top.

"Prison Sector A, Cell 31." She said to her self, walking up to a tightly shut door. In a slow, methodical motion, she stuck the stoned end of the staff in the door, and it began to melt in blue flame. Soon the entire obstacle was incinerated, opening to a totally dark room.

"Who are you?"

"I'm here to rescue you."

At the 'beak' of the birdlike warship was a intrincicate shaft, green at the core and covered in silver patterns, entrapping the shaft like vines. And it was welling with energy. Fueled by a single artifact by someone simply known as 'The Demon.' In the bridge of the Valkrieye, he stood, covered in a coarse brown cloak, with green eyes piercing out of a otherwise obscured face. An underling, dressed in a blue suit resembling a eighteenith century Englishman, approached him.

"Sir... there has been a security break..."

"I know, allow them to pass, unobscured, to me."

"But my Lord." A unusuable awnser deserved just as unwitty a question.

"Do as I say."

A rabbit with bloodred fur and shoulderlength black hair, and sharpened brown eyes, hurried down the white halls. He was following the grey rabbit, who had freed him from his cell.

"So, who might you be?" He questioned, panting, as they arrived at a large, steel door, with the grey rabbit frantically hacking into the keycode.

"My name is Ducky, Greyrabbit." She said as the door slid open.

"Hi, I'm..."

"Tyio, demon, I know."

Wearing black pants and robe, with black gloves and boots, a black cape and a similairly colored scarf obscuring the assasin pilots face, she scurried down the passages, curiously with no resistance as she

traveled down the long, main path. The assasin grinned as cells began to appear in the walls. With there arms reaching through the bars of there prisons in a most pathetic matter, innocent Knn who had refused The Demon's rule, clothed in rags and starved, there stood. She grinned wider still, taking in the scene.

"Help us!" They moaned.

"We've done nothing wrong!" They contended.

"Don't worry, I'll free you." She unholstered a blaster, taking aim to the locks on the cells.

"May God have mercy on your soul." They prayed for her, thankful for there release. However, at the last moment the aim of her blaster left the lock and landed to the prisoners themselves.

CHPWOW!

Two prisoners fell in there cells, killed by the assasins blasts, as she trained her gun on another.

CHKAKAKA--

Still more fell, as they attempted to hide in the corners, guard themselves, or merely beg for mercy.

KAKAKAKAKA--

The assasin, with dark pleasure, laughed a deep, belly laugh, as blood sprayed in the cells.

KAKAKAKAKAAASHH!

Her job done and a clip spent, she reholstiered her gun an ran on.

At her side was a silvery sword, which she now reached for as the final barrier peeled away, revealing the bridge of the gigantic and enigmatic ship.

"You've arrived." The Demon said, turning to look up at the pilot, who arrived from a door atop a balcony. She snarled in return and leaped from the height, drawing the sword, and from her hilt sprang a amorphous, crackling web of green energy. And The Demon drew a sword several inches longer and wider, with a blue aura surrounding it. And the two clashed, there weapons, or rather the energies entwining around them, crackled with beautiful fury, bolts of energy ramming into the various equipment, causing fantastic eruptions.

Waves of tiny red sparks flew from a machine blaster held by Ducky, clearing out the resistance in the flight

deck. After the small number of remaining soldiers were felled, she quickly decided on a escape ship, choosing a well armored transport.

"That one." She headed to it, with Tyio in close persuit.

A officer called out to the cloaked one, as they continued to clash, laying waste to most of the room.

"Lord, the blast is ready."

"Fire it then, fool!"

"No! Curse you!" The assasin shouted, trying to stop the minion from activating the device and lopping off his head in the process.

"Too late." The Demon grinned, and pressed a remote detonator hidden in his pocket.

And, in respone to that, the appendage at the front of the warship, light brightly, and then, after a slow, deep hum, fired a swirling beam of energy torward the planet. It swirled and collapsed and was reborn in a chaotic approach to the atmosphere.

And then it hit.

-Kosh, Babylon 5
Nightshade

JCF Member

Nightshade is doing well so far

Jun 4, 2001, 12:28 PM
cool...*drools*we want more!
Coppertop

Jun 5, 2001, 03:07 PM
Ack, I forgot I was off line there. . . anyway, the story is groOvy, continue PLEASE!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jun 5, 2001, 04:57 PM
Very good, but if I may make one suggestion?

You have two different parts of the story like this:

One part.

Another part.

The first part.

Etc...

Try it like this:

One part.

Another part.

The first part.

Etc...

Or something like that. Less confusing, you know?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 5, 2001, 05:43 PM
Eh? I don't understand, the parts are not parts of chapters, but parts of the story,

which are made up of chapters, so it's like

chapter>part>story,

rather unconfusing I think

JCF Éminence Grise

Jun 5, 2001, 11:16 PM
You have:

"Who are you?"

At the 'beak' of the birdlike warship was a intrincicate shaft, green at the core and covered in silver patterns, entrapping the shaft like vines.

And it was welling with energy. Fueled by a single artifact by someone simply known as 'The Demon.' In the bridge of the Valkrieye, he stood,

covered in a coarse brown cloak, with green eyes piercing out of a otherwise obscured face. An underling, dressed in a blue suit resembling a eighteenith century Englishman, approached him.

"Do as I say."

A rabbit with bloodred fur and shoulderlength black hair, and sharpened brown eyes, hurried down the white halls. He was following the grey

rabbit, who had freed him from his cell.

"So, who might you be?" He questioned, panting, as they arrived at a large, steel door, with the grey rabbit frantically hacking into the keycode. "My name is Ducky, Greyrabbit." She said as the door slid open.

"Hi, I'm..."

"Tyio, demon, I know."

earing black pants and robe, with black gloves and boots, a black cape and a similairly colored scarf obscuring the assasin pilots face, she

scurried down the passages, curiously with no resistance as she

traveled down the long, main path.

Try:

"Who are you?"

At the 'beak' of the birdlike warship was a intrincicate shaft, green at the core and covered in silver patterns, entrapping the shaft like vines.

And it was welling with energy. Fueled by a single artifact by someone simply known as 'The Demon.' In the bridge of the Valkrieye, he stood, covered in a coarse brown cloak, with green eyes piercing out of a otherwise obscured face. An underling, dressed in a blue suit resembling a eighteenith century Englishman, approached him.

"Do as I say."

A rabbit with bloodred fur and shoulderlength black hair, and sharpened brown eyes, hurried down the white halls. He was following the grey

rabbit, who had freed him from his cell.

"So, who might you be?" He questioned, panting, as they arrived at a large, steel door, with the grey rabbit frantically hacking into the keycode. "My name is Ducky, Greyrabbit." She said as the door slid open.

"Hi, I'm..."

"Tyio, demon, I know."

Wearing black pants and robe, with black gloves and boots, a black cape and a similairly colored scarf obscuring the assasin pilots face, she

scurried down the passages, curiously with no resistance as she

traveled down the long, main path.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 6, 2001, 04:10 AM
Breaks between thoughts? Yes, I know it is

kind of confused in this chapter, but that's

only because I wanted quick scene transition,

all the other chapters do have breaks....

anyway.

Chapter Two: The Dark Cometh

Moments before the mushroom shaped Carrotian orbital station was destroyed by the shockwave of the Valkrieye's blast. And out of it ran the tiny, capsule shaped ship piloted by the as-of-yet unheard of wanderer Ducky, and the infamous demon, Tyio.

"What is that...thing?!" Tyio shouted, questioning the massive, alien warship and the blast that spew from it's mouth.

"It's a Knn warship."

"Knn?" He questioned.

"There a warlike race from the far reaches of the galaxy." She said, still intently focoused on making it into the atmosphere before the blast did.

"And what about that mega-weapon?"

"My information is limited, but I know it's a atmosphere corrupting weapon, bio-warfare." Tyio snarled at that, a very deplorable method of combat. Many moments passed, as the ship and the beam drew closer to the brim of the world.

"Why did you rescue me?" The grey rabbit shruged.

"Why not?"

The swords of the two combatants sheened from the very same energy they generated. Great, smoking gashes lined the room, and any bystanders were probably cut down in the process. The cloaked one somersaulted backward, and then layed down his weapon.

"Who are you?" He asked, his voice raspy and cold, with a hint of cruelty.

"I am the mercenary for hire, Asari." She awnsered, resheathing her weapon.

"Hmm, and who sent you to kill me? And why would you want to save that pathetic planet."

"None, I am here upon my own accord." She replied cooly.

"You didn't awnser my other question."

"I need not awnser to the likes of you!"

"Indeed? Well, what is it you want, so you can leave me be." Asari pondered, realizing the trip may not be a total waste.

"I seek the dark artifact Symballen, which, my information holding true, is in thyn possesion, yes?"

"You want Symballen?"

"Yes!" Then the cloaked figure gave a short chuckle, and threw it at her.

"Take it, I don't want it." But she paid him no mind. A evil smile was wrapped around her face, as the dark energy of Symballen filtered into her.

"At last, after so much trial and tribulation, Symballen is mine!" In a disintrested manner, The Demon went about, checking on the computers.

"What shall you do with it?"

"Fool! It is a gauge to the point of perfection, a map! With it I shall finally, be able to destroy the Archon."

"Do as you please, then, but leave, now, or die."

The tiny ship smashed into the atmosphere,a fire igniting across it's contours as it did.

"Reentering atmosphere." Ducky checked off, just as the blast of energy impacted, several miles off to the left. And it was magnificant as it spread. A wave of goldens and yellows, oranges and purple, spreading through the sky like sand flying in the air, only it descended down. But, soon it's mean became more violent.

Explosions hiccuped throught it, and shockwaves cascaded in all directions. Great tornadoes of dust formed, and earthquakes abound at the material spread. Tyio was awed by the sheer magnitude of it, he never saw anything the like in all his exploits.

"It's...brilliant."

"It's deadly, that's what it is." Ducky quipped, looking at the explosion only out of the corner of her eye. The ship rattled as it penetrated futher in the atmosphere, and was being bombarded by rocks hurled up from the dying Carrotous.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Tyio's voice trailed off, staring into the hailstorm of boulders. Suddenly, in the midst of a pocket of dense rock, appeared what once, in life, was probably a mountain.

"It's...we're going to die, aren't we?" He said, knowing there was no escape.

"Not yet." Ducky awnsered, flipping a switch. And then, just as the boulder was about to strike, the interior filled with ice...

Arean Daroth. A city set in a valley inside the Darothian desert. It was the base of operations for the Cave of Scrolls excavation. The Darothian desert, and Daroth itself, at the edge, were the last stronghold of learning on the anarchaic world of Carrotous. Which was hard, since so little knowledge existed anymore. When the blast cursed the world with eternal cloudcover, plants began dying. Leading to starvation, plauges, the whole lot. And it also prevented space travel. It was the end of Carrotous, the epitath of a dying world. Most said by the current generation the race would die out, and the planet would become a barren desert over the next century. One rabbit, Tymen Daroth, was determened to make that a falsity. Archeaologist by proffesion, he dreamed of leaving his sandy home to walk the halls of Carrotous, in search for a reconsiling cup. Prehaps he just found it.

Tymen was using his hand brush, wiping away years of sand off what looked like a pertrified stone, all the while jotting notes down in his book.

"Appears...fifty percent titanium, fourty percent steel, and...ten percent argyos?" He brushed more fervertly now.

"This isn't a stone at all!" He brushed away a metal door, with the name 'the Stalwart' written in flowing script on it.

"It's a...ship. From before the Dark Age." He had disregarded his notes, he was to excited. A ship might have something that would allow them to leave Carrotous, forever. Discovering a lock like device, he fumbled with it, and eventually the door opened with a hiss. He peered into the dark interior.

"What...is that?" He stared at two, upright stones, glistining in the light. Then, he jumped a foot back, as the stones began to break and fall apart. Nerviously, he unseathed his daggar.

"Back...w-whatever you are!" What came out of the stones still hid in the darkness, but they had a new, more jagged and detailed shape.

"Oh God, my head." One said in a miserable tone.

"It's hypothermic sickness. You'll get it everytime you leave Cryofreeze." The other one said. Then, clumsly, the things stepped out of the ship. They were covered in water and frost, but both were rabbits.

Guarding his eyes from the sun, Tyio asked Tymen.

"You, where are we?"

"You're...in Arean Daroth."

"How long have we been out." He asked.

"I-I b-beg your pardon?"

"The date, boy, the date!" Ducky intoned.

"Oh, it is September, the first."

"Year, if you don't mind."

"2819." It seemed, to Tymen atleast, as if a physical force hit his two new companions.

"We've been asleep for fiveteen years!"

-Kosh, Babylon 5
*BlackSheep

Jun 6, 2001, 10:47 AM
Yeek! The heavens open up, the clouds dissapear and the sun shines happily as the angels sing.

Sigh. Happiness.

Marvelous, Kove

*Black

JCF Member

Jun 6, 2001, 12:33 PM
One bright spot in the hurricane of disaster.

`Ducky
Tobias

JCF Member

Tobias is doing well so far

Jun 6, 2001, 05:27 PM
cool story kovu!

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Jun 6, 2001, 07:56 PM
Another masterpiece in progress.

Hahah ducky, I didn't post!

JCF Member

Jun 7, 2001, 06:04 AM
I'm going to bite the next person who replies if Kovu hasn't posted anthing new.

`Ducks

JCF Member

Jun 8, 2001, 07:19 AM
Chapter Three: Rebirth

A triangle. The sturdiest of shapes. It represented unification, perfection. And this one glowed. Hues of bloody red, brilliant green, slight yellow. It was the Cage. No one else could describe it. And it was in the possesion of Asari, assasin. Her ship had narrowly escaped the Valkyrie and it's explosion, and she lay slumped in the pilot's chair, pondering her next move.

"I wasn't able to stop him, even going back in time." It then dawned upon her, as she looked around slyling, fingering the triangle.

"If I return to my time, I could dissallow Tymen from unlocking Abbadon." She smiled.

"And He could'nt obtain access, being too stupid to get through the city of gold to get the final piece."

She laughed inwardly, then dissapeared.

Tyio and Ducky sat in Tymen's modest adobe home. They each were holding a small bowl of some brownish soup, which Tymen was enjoying, but Tyio and Ducky not so, unfamiliar with the harsh roots that had to be eated to survive in that darker day.

"So you two really came from the past, before darkness?" Tymen had all the giddiness of a young schoolgirl.

"Well, I am, but I don't know about HER." Tyio said with venom, looking and pointing his spoon at Ducky.

"I tell you, I'm not a time traveller." She sighed.

"Then how'd you know all that, like you'd done it before?"

"I had schematics!" They both abandoned the argument, and turned to Tymen.

"Why has Carrotous become so barren?"

"The ozone layer has been destroyed, and the sun has a terrible intensity."

"But why can't they just import food?"

"The skies...the radiation will disintegrate any ship." Ducky fell back into her seat, and knocked her head on the dangerously low ceiling. Tyio chuckled at this a bit, before questioning Tymen himself.

"Well...there must be SOME way to stop thease...ah, thease...."

"Knn." Ducky hissed.

"Knn! Ah yes, Knn." Tymen sighed, looking intently at his feet.

"I, as have we all, fought in long, bloody wars aginst the Knn, but there are too many...and we are to few."

"But, I mean, why not just use aircraft, you would surely have an advantage."

"Advanced machinery doesn't functions on Carrotous..." He trailed off.

"Why not--" Tyio's question was silenced as a large explosion destroyed the wall behind him, with a crackling hiss at explosion and the flying hiss of a blaster. Sneering, Tyio and Ducky lept from there seats, and jumped out into the open sands through the blast hole, as Tymen evaded bits of flying shrapnel.

Amid the heat, which distorted light, and the smoke, all they could see was a black figure with a blaster standing about fiveteen meters away. They began a charge, and the figure fired a blast at Tyio.

He attempted to block it with his sword, after it seared torward him. But it refracted into the ground, and the explosion sent him hurtling, crashing into the sands. Ducky, however, slashed at the black figure with her staff, but her opponent deftly smacked her away with the flat of her sword. Ducky, however, not wanting to give up, was about to take off the figures head while she wasn't looking, she just as quickly spun around and slashed at the staff, a blow that would slice through the stick and kill it's bearer. But the blow, halted.

A field of energy emenated on the sword where it was about to meet the staff, keeping it at bay. Both combatants pushed there weapons forward, resulting in a titanic struggle.

"Who are you?"

"I am one they named the dark assasin, Asari. And you, you are from another time. Indeed, another dimension!" She disengaged her sword, spinning around, and kicked Ducky in the gut, knocking her several feet back and unconsious. Tymen, in his home, pulled a sword from the walls. He seemed rather clumsy with the weapon at first, as he fingered it, trying to get a feel. Then he brandished it full, and charged foolishly torward Asari.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" He screamed, going full force in his stride. And in the end, uncerimoniously stopped by a simple block of Asari's. He continued to slash and hack, and Asari blocked it all, by just pivoting the end of the hilt in her palm. And, in mid attack, she sliced Tymen's sword in two.

"Ahh-ah!" Tymen was distressed by his loss of a weapon.

"And so our paths intertwine again, eh?"

"What...what do yo mean, we've never met before..." She chortled, and pressed the end of the sword aginst his throat.

"How quickly you're mind has slipped away." She was about to kill the poor fellow when a double blaster blast from above blew her feet away from a scared Tymen.

"What in Arxia?" Tymen asked himself, seeing a silvery spacecraft hovering in a lofty matter high above.

"Curse it. I must escape to heal." Asari huffed, grasping a deeply gashed arm. The spacecraft's thrusters burst a bit, targeting the dark assasin.

"You're not going anywhere!" A voice over the ships comm system said. Asari snickered, pulling out the triangle.

"I think it will not be as you say." Her body was engulfed in white flame, and then she dissapeared. Danger gone, the spacecraft landed. Ducky and Tyio, holding there injuries, walked to it, while Tymen merely stood, awestruck. Never before had he seen a ship, well, except for the Knn Deahtflies. But those were massive, hulking warships. This was a tiny, nimble fightercraft, a completely diffrent matter. It had two, expansive wings on each side, the ends rounded off with two, heavy duty blaster cannons. Where the wings converged was a round cockpit, with the two main blaster guns were located. And in back there was a sort of stubby tail, only a couple meters long, that housed the hover and thrust engines.

With a hiss, the black viewport began to open. And out jumped a armor adorned white rabbit, with a staff at her back.

"Thank you for saving our friend's life...miss...?" Tyio said/inquired.

"BlackSheep, and think nothing of it." She turned to Ducky.

"Have we met before?" Ducky pondered, but then realized it was impossible. The last time she met anyone besides Tymen was fiveteen years in the past, this BlackSheep would've been much younger.

"I think not." Tymen finally recovered from his shock by now, and managed to stammer out a question.

"How did you manage to keep a ship running, during the Dark times?"

"Easy. It came from off world, a long, long time ago."

-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Member

Jun 8, 2001, 01:13 PM
Oh, nice Kovey..

`Ducky

Jun 8, 2001, 02:47 PM
Wot she said. . .
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 11, 2001, 05:29 AM
Chapter Four: Ripples In Time

"But...but...but HOW? Surely the radiation barrier would have ripped that scrawny little ship to shreads!" Tymen exclaimed.

"Hey! Watch who you're callin' scrawny!" BlackSheep spat, then after pausing a moment, awnsered him,

"When the Knn attacked and prepared for there assault from above, my mother hid this ship in a asteroid that fell into the atmosphere during the attack and buried itself in the sands. Since it was inactive at the time, it was not affected by the EMP. Though she, died, in the attack, she entrusted a dear friend of hers and mine with it's location. He, too, died in a Knn assault, but not before telling me it's location." She turned to face it.

"It may not look like much, but it's all I have to fight the Knn with."

"Aaah!" Asari yelped, as a medical droid tried to repair her arm. She was back in the safety of her lair, hidden in subspace.

"Darn that Tymen! He escaped my grasp again!" She hissed. Hanging her head in failure, she planned another possibility for stemming Tymen's plan to seize Symballen's Archon. And utimatley, wreck her revenge upon that same rabbit. She removed her cowl, nothing more than a black cloth strung over her face, obscuring her nose and mouth. And there was held her pain. Across her face, extending from her left cheek, across her thin lips, and ending at her chin. Though it had long since healed through and through, it was a reminder of the pain, a pain that she believed could only be quenched by one thing,

"I will kill you, Tymen..." The story was fresh in her mind, like a sore, every detail stored immaculatley in her mind. Yes, she remembered it all, and it started on that damp spring day, those ten years ago...

In the five years since the fall and the EMPs, Carrotous had only managed to rebuild itself a little. The twelve main cities held a very haughty, renassiance air, ruled through a system of nobilities. And the wastes, the great deserts that described the rest of the surface, was feudal, constant combat between clans and other clans, and clans and the terrorizing Knn. However it was, atleast a little, order. And order was something Asari had learned to hate. She had no home, no money. She was far too proud to beg, and but not too meek to steal. So, she wandered the streets and passages of Carrotous City. That was her lot in life, to suffer, forgotten. She remembered nothing of any family, friends. She was left to die by her parents at the foot of the Great Plateau. Her next ten years she spent scrambling up the thing, not being able to aford turbolifts. She learned to speak from other wanderers along the path up the plateau. In all logic, she should have died, implying some divine order aided her.

Asari hissed as she saw a royal transport wheel into the Carrotous City square. It was long, train like even in shape. It was drawn mostly by banckas, lizard like beasts of burden from the eastern wastes. And there were a few hover pads here and there, to help give it some lift. As much money as the royal house that owned the vehicle had, they probably couldn't afford many hoverpads, as functioning ones were worth there weight in platinum. A crowd of people gathered around the shining ship. Asari merely slunked back into the shadows. But she looked on.

A strong, gloved hand forced open a door to the right of the craft, the side which faced Asari. Out of that portal strode a very tall, well built looking rabbit. He had a beard that streched a foot down his chest and hair that fell to his waist, all white. He had high, pinched looking cheekbones and strutinizing red eyes. His clothing was fit for a Duke, which he probably was. Envy inundated through Asari.

Immediatley after the Duke filed out two pair of guards, covered in some maroon armor plates and wicked looking black helmets, with large swords and heavy repeater rifles at there side. Then out scurried a much smaller...weasel, she thought. He wishpered something into the Duke's ear, who responded with a slight nod and a stare at the crowd. Obviously, the Duke's mentat. Then, two more pair of guards filed out, ended by a black female rabbit with an elaborate headress and a long, flowing gown. The Duke's wife...one would hope.

The three officials, sandwiched in by there escort, moved to the side as a final two pair of guards walked out, and inbetween them was a final rabbit. His fur was utterly black, with light grey hair. But something else was diffrent. He bore not the scowl the others shared, but rather seemed disintrested. Asari guessed the boy was about sixteen. As the paraded, followed by yet another platoon of guards, into Carrotous Castle, Asari could not but notice how her eyes magnitated to the young one, the Duke's son. She continued to stare, until the entire family had dissapeared into the shadows of the palace. And then she mentally slapped herself,

"Just noble scum, forget it Asari." Without another thought, she slunk back into the shadows.

"Waaaait a minute, you guys are from the past?!" BlackSheep asked Tyio and Ducky, throughouly excited by the prospect.

"Well, uhm, yea..." Ducky murmured.

"Woohoo!" BlackSheep leaped into the air for joy, "then you guys must have all kinds of cool junk, from before the fall?"

"Not really, it was pretty much just an escape pod...in a manner of speaking." Tyio stated.

"Nonsense! You have got to have something..."

"All that's in it is a few blasters, my hacking probe, and the computer system." Ducky said.

"A computer system?" BlackSheep grinned as she made a little, 'yes' motion with her fist,"please, take me to it."

"Well, I guess we could... c'mon." Tyio motioned for her to come, and Tymen decided he might as well tag along.

"What could she want a computer for?" Tyio asked Tymen.

"Didn't you know? Learning has been banned to all except nobles, the information in that computer could be worth millions." Tyio paused, and thought about the dire consequences of such a law.

"Harsh..."

"Indeed."

Night had fallen over the city of Carrotous...City. The streets were vacant, but turmoil continued on, inside the Castle.

"With all due respect, my lord Emperor, but we can't just let thease gangs calling themselves clans continue to rage wars across the wastes." The Duke of the House Daroth complained to the Emperor of all Carrotous, Shay'Haloum the IX. The Emperorship had taken over the Kingship at the time of the dark's begginging, just for your information.

"I agree, so what do you propose we do about it? Ha?! There are atleast two hundred and fifty clans on Carrotous, each containing possibly ten thousand members! Our army isn't a tenth strong enough to fight just fifty of them!" The Emperor shouted back at the Duke, stroking his temple to suggest he had a headache.

"Indeed, alone, any one House or you're Yitivica warriors couldn't stand aginst them, but if we could unite twelve Houses..." The Duke contended to the Emperor, the others at the meeting deciding to stay well out of the argument.

"Oh shut up! You don't even get along with the House Nemriah, and they are you're closes neighbors!"

"My lord, you can't seriously let them continue there little wars across the wastes, can you?"

"Why not, they don't bother us, we don't bother them, thats the unsaid the agreement we've had for the past five years. You're the one who doesn't seem to get it, Duke!"

"My lord, all I want is to take out atleast the Konitar clan."

"The ones that killed you're parents? So that's what this is about eh? You're dismissed, Duke!"

"My lord..."

"You're DISMISSED!" The Duke slouched, and walked away, in defeat. The other officials got up from there chairs and moved to there own quarters, but the white robed one chased after the Duke.

"Dietem. Dietem!" She caught up to the frustrated ruler.

"You must calm down. This...petty quest for revenge may anger the Emperor to badly...and you wouldn't want that."

"The Emperor is getting too high and mighty, it's time I called in our forces."

"You're not actually going to try to overthrow the Emperor, are you?"

"Why not, our forces are stronger than his, we can win."

"It would be unwise to--"

"Silence, woman! I don't need advice from you, that's why I have a mentat. Now leave me!" As much as she would like to, Liema, the Duchess, could do nothing to stop the Duke. And so she walked away. Down the orange red marble hallways she encountered her son, who she was sure would be just itching to know what was going on.

"Mother, what is this, Father must be planning something, yes?" The black rabbit stated.

"I believe he is...if I were you I would have Orthian activate the perimeter shield around you're quarters, there may be a good deal of fighting soon." Though he would do so anyway, the Duke's son felt paticularly inclined my her mother's piercing blue eyes, a feature she could enhance when she wanted to be severe.

"Yes, mother." And he began to walk away.

"Oh, another thing..." Liema said.

"Yes?"

"Tymen, be careful."

Coppertop

Jun 11, 2001, 11:42 AM
*claps* YaY!