Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

I work too much.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 11:19 AM
Angry I work too much.

I decided to take a break from working on my JJ2 platform fangame and make a simple RPGM2k game of the first ten or so chapters of "Conquerer" (by Coppertop) (yeah, that's my idea of a break). I tend to get carried away when I start making stuff, and somehow became determined to have side-view battle graphics where the characters came onto the screen from the right and attacked the enemy. Once again I have the problem that I started some giant project and suck at animation. Solution? I need you're guy's help again. I need:

Character graphics (32x24, 3 frames for each direction) for:
-Copper DONE
-Ducky I plan to do this.
-Grath I plan to do this.
-Wild I plan to do this

Face graphics (48x48 per face) (with plenty of different faces) for:
-Copper
-KRSplat
-Ducky
-Grath
-Kaz
-Ninja
-Blcksheep
-Wild

Side-view fighting graphics (96x96 per graphic) for:
-Copper
-KRSplat
-Ducky
-Grath
-Kaz Kaz says he'll do this but nobody belives him.
-Ninja
-Claw
-Blacksheep
-Wild

I tried doing some of these myself. In about 10 hours, I got done:
5 frame fireing graphic of KRSplat in the game.

Charset of KRSPlat:

Anyone that helps me (and does a good job, meaning no monocolor shading and no using MSPaint) will get to beta test the game when it gets to that stage (which shouldn't be too long, depending on when I get some graphics).

Help would be apriciated. Any questions, just ask.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

Last edited by Radium; Feb 4, 2003 at 12:03 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ts,now I wish I had PSP again...-_-

Aw well...

Just make sure you dun abandon the other game! T_T

EDIT:And why am I not included?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Piccolo
Ts,now I wish I had PSP again...-_-

Aw well...

Just make sure you dun abandon the other game! T_T

EDIT:And why am I not included?
I know this program called "DPixed" specifically for drawing 256 color graphics. It's like PSP, but with 15999744 less colors.

And you're not included because you're not in the story. Make at least 3 graphics for me and I'll give you a cameo on Tubelectric =P.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 11:36 AM
Tell me where to get that program and I'll think about it!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 11:43 AM
http://jawsv.swoo.net/dpix209e.zip
Now think about it, human! Think harder!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 11:54 AM
Oh, and piccolo, if you have to help me could you make some Character Sets? No offense, but I think... er... it'd be better to leave the rest to someone else.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 12:03 PM
You mean those chibi versions that will (as far as I guess) be used for walking around in the map-mode?

Well if you want me to...

And,dun worry,I'll take it as an offense anyways!
Sucker.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Piccolo
You mean those chibi versions that will (as far as I guess) be used for walking around in the map-mode?

Well if you want me to...

And,dun worry,I'll take it as an offense anyways!
Sucker.
Yes, the chibis =P. And make them good, maybe even use other ones as templates.

[SIZE=10NG 1!\/3 73h Ch!8!5!] [/SIZE]

Unciaa

JCF Member

Unciaa is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 12:17 PM
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
Yes, the chibis =P. And make them good..
No, don't listen to him, it's a trick! You're supposed to NOT make them good, that is, bad! Yes! It's true it is!

--MS employee.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Unciaa
No, don't listen to him, it's a trick! You're supposed to NOT make them good, that is, bad! Yes! It's true it is!

--MS employee.
Ignore the MS employee!

Any combat/face graphics I want as least this good (Yay, I drawed something):

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 05:23 PM
I made the title screen. Yay.
Click the link below to view it's crappieness.
http://www.foxmage.com/Title.gif
I seem to have a problem with... squares. I would've added more characters but I ran out of energy room.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 09:37 PM
Seens very cool Radium. Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonblaze
Seens very cool Radium. Keep it up.
Thanx. If anyone's actually working on anything, could they say so, so someone else (mainly me) dosn't do it?

Unciaa

JCF Member

Unciaa is doing well so far

Jan 7, 2003, 05:38 AM
Arrow

The title pic looks really good bar the perspective problems on the ship. How about a celshaded or manually-traced 3d render of it [the ship]? Cheating somewhat, but drawing vehicles != easy. *g*

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 05:54 AM
Actually, the problem with the ship is that it is a piece of krap. I'll probably redo the whole title sometime, with straight lines on the ship and words.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 9, 2003, 01:25 PM
I started redoing the Title Screen (old one sucked), but gave up after a while. I planned to cut the other guy and the tree out of the old one. If anyone wants to finish coloring this and pasting stuff into it, go right ahead.

http://www.foxmage.com/IQuit.GIF
(Warning: Bigness)

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jan 9, 2003, 11:53 PM
The title screen looks fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 10, 2003, 03:40 AM
The new would look better (if it was finished). The old one's title is crooked and the ship dosn't have a single straight line on it.

EDIT: Oh, and I decided I'm doing character graphics, so I don't need any help with those.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 12, 2003, 08:18 AM
I still need some side-view fighting graphics, but nobody seems to give a d*mn want to help me.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 12, 2003, 08:23 AM
I'll help you think of the plot

Sorry, I have no artistic skillz.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 12, 2003, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KRSplat
I'll help you think of the plot
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
I decided to take a break from working on my JJ2 platform fangame and make a simple RPGM2k game of the first ten or so chapters of "Conquerer" (by Coppertop)
¬_¬

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Jan 13, 2003, 01:44 PM
Um?

I'm just a little confused. I'm not sure I know what you want and probably can't do it anyway. ;P

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 13, 2003, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducky
Um?

I'm just a little confused. I'm not sure I know what you want and probably can't do it anyway. ;P
Mainly, what I need is side view combat graphics (like in those old fighting games in arcades) of the characters in Conquerer (the good (important) ones). The graphics need to be 96x96 and 25 or less frames (including explosions, fireballs and stuff) with at least a walking animation and several different punching and kicking moves. It's alright if they only face one direction.

JCF Member

JJ BBoy KS is doing well so far

Jan 27, 2003, 02:56 PM
*Whew!* Looks like a lot of work

Cool stuff though!

JCF Member

Evaluator is doing well so far

Jan 28, 2003, 03:26 AM
I would help if I could, but my graphics look awful . I prefer programming
*Fireball*

Feb 4, 2003, 06:37 AM
hmm,, as soon as my comp is back up and running (when i get rid of this stupid WORM) i could help,, are you doing any specific characters?

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 4, 2003, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Fireball*
hmm,, as soon as my comp is back up and running (when i get rid of this stupid WORM) i could help,, are you doing any specific characters?
Actually, I'm going to try doing it myself again.

-Note: Before finishing this post I got a worm virus and successfully removed it in 15.6 seconds. It's useful to have two virus shields running at once =P. If you don't have a virus shield, get AVG, it's nice and free.

*Fireball*

Feb 5, 2003, 05:48 AM
actually, this worm had shut down my antivirus thingy, and prevented me from loading up my computer whatsoever,,

currently, though, my computer is worm free -- Yaha.E is gone! n.n

and am looking forward to seeing how this game turns out,,