Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Dutch milk game using the JJ2 engine?

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

May 20, 2016, 01:54 AM
Dutch milk game using the JJ2 engine?

So, I was reading the old JJ2 source code FAQ thread the other day and I got reminded of this specific line by FQuist stating how engine licensing made releasing the source code a hard task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FQuist View Post
One of the most important perhaps is the use by Orange Games and later Lost Boys Games (see next question) of the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 engine (earlier on also used in Battery Check) in other projects, one being a game for a dutch milk company.
We all know about Battery Check and Animaniacs, but a game for a "Dutch milk company"? Does anyone know which company, how and if their game was distributed, and best of all: does anyone actually have it?

If so, I imagine it's just another one of those marketing games encouraging kids to drink more milk for healthy bones and bla bla bla. But for geeky and conservative reasons, I'd like to know about any game that used JJ2's engine!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 20, 2016, 08:22 AM
I once contacted sometime who was around for the initial discussion--Captain Spam, I think--and got no new information. I think I did find something that could plausibly be described that way, but it was a flash game, so it probably didn't use the JJ2 engine. My guess is this didn't come to fruition.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

May 24, 2016, 01:07 AM
Then it may be that Orange Games was contacted about licensing/supporting a game like what happened with Battery Check, but eventually moved to a flash game as that quickly became the cheapest and easiest way to distribute promotional games.

That, and I would've caught my eye on large-scale promotional game distributions like that. At one point they even included a game inside a pot of peanut butter (as a mini CD-ROM).