Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Frozen Spring Glitch

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Sep 18, 2009, 03:32 PM
You could also use this for coin warp secret areas. Unknownrabbit, with you house suggestion, I would simply make it the next level and then have the finish spawn on a warp and skip to the 3rd level in the set.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 18, 2009, 04:14 PM
Well, yes, the coin warp secret level event is a lot easier to use than the regular one, so it didn't seem necessary to include. I can't figure out what you're talking about in the second half of your post at all, but by the time the house is going to a third level, there's no point in it even being a secret level.

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Sep 18, 2009, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
(Unfortunately it doesn't work in JJ2+ because blur apparently broke secret levels.)
Secret levels still work as far as I can tell. It's just that JJ2+ fixes the glitch, which cooba alluded to, where a player hits a warp event while the level cycles and then continues warping to a random warp target afterwards. To be honest, I was a little surprised to see this warp mechanism worked with JJ2+ in Troglobite's level. I'll simply make the fix for online games only.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 18, 2009, 10:37 PM
No, they don't at all. In normal JJ2, when you enter a secret level not using the Bonus Signpost, the game saves almost all the information about the state of the level, and transports you to the secret level. When you finish the secret level using End Area, a boss, or I think End Area Warp (i.e. not a Bonus or End signpost), you are taken back to the secret level event in the level you came from. JJ2+ breaks this functionality and uses the next level setting in the secret level for all cases.

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Sep 19, 2009, 09:09 AM
My mistake... I actually fixed the problem before doing any testing, so you're right. It will be fixed in the next update. Speaking of which, how far did you get with the Anims files? I already made the No Fire Zone and spring delay changes on my end. You can PM me or post your answer in the JJ2+ thread since this is getting off-topic.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Oct 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
Stepping back ontopic: I've done some testing with this warping mechanism. It turns out that, for me, it does not work when JJ2's framerate is below 40 fps. The warp target is then reached before the level cycles, instead of afterwards.

I'd like to see someone else trying this too, just to make sure it's not just on my computer. I used BES (says it's for XP/2000 but also works on Vista) to throttle JJ2's CPU usage so that its framerate would drop to a certain numer of fps.

The Collapse Scenery's Wait parameter might also have an impact on this. I used the original example level, which uses wait: 15.