Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Feature Request Selectable Folders in Custom Level Browser

Superjustinbros

JCF Member

Superjustinbros has disabled reputation

Jul 17, 2023, 08:44 PM
Post Selectable Folders in Custom Level Browser

For a while, I have been organizing levels into folders, mainly the "cache" folder that online levels download into when you join and play on a server, since it frees up space in the main JJ2 folder.

However, when using the in-game level browser via Home-Cooked levels or by selecting to play on custom levels in Multiplayer, it only supports viewing the main Jazz Jackrabbit 2 folder/directory, with no option to (from what I know) choose a folder in the directory and browse the levels in those folders.

For this, I was thinking that there could be the option to show folders in the level select, and then by choosing a folder, you open that folder in the in-game level browser and can pick a level like normal, or return to the previous folder by scrolling up to the very top of the list and choosing "Back". All folders would appear at the very top of each folder's level list, followed by the actual level files.
Spaz Electro

JCF Member

Spaz Electro has disabled reputation

Feb 29, 2024, 11:13 AM
UP! This is an awesome feature idea! An additional idea to this would be the ability to download online levels from that same menu without having to exit jj2 or restart jj2, And possibly, the list could be from J2O with some sort of API!
RSGDB

JCF Member

RSGDB has disabled reputation

Mar 5, 2024, 01:20 PM
I concur.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 26, 2024, 07:08 AM
Quote:
An additional idea to this would be the ability to download online levels from that same menu without having to exit jj2 or restart jj2, And possibly, the list could be from J2O with some sort of API!
Obviously this is a much different and much more complicated suggestion, so trying to discuss both in this same thread won't be very helpful. But Superjustinbros' idea sounds easy enough. It's not going to give you the full power of AdditionalFileFolders, because it only extends to subfolders of the JJ2 folder, but it could still help.