Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 All Singleplayer Levellists

vBrute

JCF Member

vBrute is doing well so far

Sep 10, 2015, 02:31 AM
Thumbs up Jazz Jackrabbit 2 All Singleplayer Levellists

Hi,
I am running a COOP server of Jazz Jackrabit 2 and I want to add there all singleplayer maps from all versions of the game in the correct order, but I can not find any info about singleplayer levellists.
Does someone have them written? And what are the other good coop maps for more players to put on the server?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Sep 10, 2015, 06:50 AM
Coop just doesn't work well online due to the lack of sync between players. This is especially the worst during bosses. So you are able to defeat a boss, but the game doesn't actually end.

There's also that most are made with SP in mind, so most coin warps will be impossible to reach with several players trying to complete the level.

The correct order of SP maps I assume is in the menu episode screen.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Sep 10, 2015, 07:02 AM
I believe this will help you.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz
vBrute

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2015, 08:47 AM
@Treylina i know about these restrictions, but for now I want that server to be coop, I had it ctf first, but i do not like that much and most of serves are ctf... I try to setup the most reasonable time for one level to minimize the boss bug... In the main episode screen i cannot find any level names, and in custom games there are all levels and I am not sure which are the correct ones

@Primpy I checked that earlier, but there are again no level names how they are named in explorer, some of them can be easily deduced, some not

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Sep 10, 2015, 10:25 AM
From my experience, the best thing is to do look out for some levels yourself. This is what I've always had to do whenever I ask for levels. I haven't played many custom SP packs myself and many of the ones I do are coop unsuitable (it's not just to do with bosses, it's stuff like collapsing scenery or big boxes with death pits below them).

Try this link for all the SP packs/levels on J2O: http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...sc&filerating=

You should probably play them first to see if they work in coop though.

If you don't have a whole lot of levels (which seems so since the CTF server only had the default levels), the original SP maps are easily understood by name. You can search them in JCS by clicking "File" then "Open", and finding your jazz2 folder. They have generic names like castle1 and hell1...etc.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 10, 2015, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBrute View Post
@Primpy I checked that earlier, but there are again no level names how they are named in explorer, some of them can be easily deduced, some not
Click on an episode, and it'll bring up a description of the episode with a screenshot of every level. Click on a screenshot, and it'll bring up the level name and some other info.

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2015, 01:14 PM
thanx for help, finito i found the first map and then used the chatlogger to see what the original nextmap should be...
I checked the singleplayer custom levels before, downloaded some of them, but did not like them very much, hoped there are some good tested coop levels, will find time and download and check more of that custom single levels...

and one question more, is there possibility to have per map config on the server?