Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

web site

MetalWarrior

JCF Member

MetalWarrior is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2003, 03:03 PM
web site

hey there...

Since I'm absolutely terrible about keeping you guys up to date on things, I've decided to try something different. I've finally finished my home page (well, the main page anyway), and I will attempt to update it on a regular basis. So from now on you can get any tidbits on Possum (new pixel in upper left corner! woo!) from there.

And now for the linkage:

http://www.sphere7studios.com

There ya are. I hope this works out better for you guys.

-Metal

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Feb 14, 2003, 03:09 PM
Coolness.

You're making progress. A whole new pixel. Amazing. You guys work so fast.

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2003, 04:02 PM
Wow...hope for Possum may still exist.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Feb 14, 2003, 08:02 PM
I didn't see this coming.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Feb 18, 2003, 09:57 AM
Huzzah! News! Thanks =)

And btw, that is a kickass slick web design. Very nice.

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2003, 10:21 AM

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Feb 18, 2003, 10:36 AM
I like your sig! That quiz from CS Lewis rules!

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Feb 19, 2003, 02:06 PM
I can't find anything possum related on your site, not even what happened since the last time we've heard from you. That's what we are interested in.

I actually thought the page was going to be specifically for Possum. Ever thought of creating a weblog(easy updates) for the entire development team(though no-one's active?), so that we 1. have a possum site and 2. only see possum related news and 3. have a place for discussion?

I would gladly host it at my domain and set it up.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

MetalWarrior

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2003, 03:30 PM
Well actually, this site sort of is a weblog (not exactly, I know). I never considered setting up something for th rest of the team because they've either quit or have nothing to do at this point, like you said. I know that right now there isn't any Possum content there, but it's the spot where any new content will be. Right now the Programming link isn't a link, but that's where I'll upload some existing content for you. Also the forum I've got in place should be good at least for a while as far as discussion goes.

Basically my purpose in setting up this site was to have a place I could really easily update and do whatever I want with. I've had this web space for months now and it's gotten very little use, and I've also had quite a few things I've wanted to make available online (even if it was just for my friends). So... yeah. Sorry about the lack of immediate Possum content. I'll try to put up some new stuff soon.

-Metal

Oh and glad you like the quote N0B0DY :)

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 08:48 AM
Still, I think Possum should have it's own site.

Spotify.fm

MetalWarrior

JCF Member

Feb 20, 2003, 11:54 AM
I agree, but I don't have the time or energy to update more than one site at the moment. I already needed/wanted a site up for several different purposes, it makes sense to include Possum in it. If Possum was moving along at a faster pace, or was already in demo stage, or at least had several team members making progress at the same time, I'd say go for it. And of course, when any of those things change, we will.

-Metal

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Feb 20, 2003, 12:23 PM
It is not something to be apologetic about. We understand that this takes a lot of time and it is hard to build it in to your schedule. Still, it would be nice if we had an occasional update instead of "wait and see." You do not need to tell us something we want to hear persay. These days, it is nice just to hear and be able to discuss any sort of news, however miniscule.

By the way, I like your signature quote. Even though I am non-religious, it is nice to see people quoting such great authors.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Feb 22, 2003, 05:04 PM
I thought there was already a topic for signature discussion?

There is rarely any Possum updates, even miniscule.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 23, 2003, 12:03 PM
Electric? Time to revive Possum Online

That looks awsum. The story and stuff is way better than I expected, actually.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Feb 23, 2003, 12:22 PM
Considering turning the characters into Humans or Robots? What fun is that? I say keep the animals.

I'd ask to help with Possum if I had a signifigant amount of skill in anything, but instead I have an insignifigant amount of skill in everything.

On a plus side, I could donate countless hours, as I have no life or hobbies apart from replying to the "Post about the poster above you" thread.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

Last edited by Radium; Feb 23, 2003 at 01:24 PM.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 10:00 AM
It would also be nice if people could post comments on news posts instead of having to put responces here or in the site's message board.

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2003, 04:32 PM
Well anybody got a script for news comments, that doesn't require a database? I'm not against the feature but don't have time to code it.

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2003, 04:37 PM
I've got one, contact me

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2003, 05:08 AM
http://noahgrey.com/greysoft/

If el Quisto's doesn't work, Grey Matter is a fully customizable news and comments script. Very easy to install and set up.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 05:30 AM
Or if you want php, Pivot. Pivotlog.net

Also has everything. I use it at www.politiekblog.com and it works fine.

Spotify.fm