Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Would you want the company that made JJA to make JJ3?

View Poll Results: Would you want the company that made JJ Advance to make JJ3?
Yes 5 13.51%
No, but possibly 14 37.84%
No, absolutely not 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 07:53 AM
Would you want the company that made JJA to make JJ3?

Just a thought to ponder....I say no, but possibly. If they could clean up their act with JJA and not make JJ3 out to be trash like JJA, then yeah. Like if they could bring back all the stuff we like about JJ2, and not messup on it with lots of bugs and all like JJ2, then yes.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jul 5, 2005, 08:26 AM
I voted no, but possiby, because that porgramming team held out the most common things from Jazz Jackrabbit 2, like butstomping. And, since when did Jazz own a MachineGun and a Bazooka? I'd like to see the old weapons back (And some hidden, secret ones as well) and have the old Jazz (Not the one with the Red shirt and tight jeans, I can't stand that look...).

Well, I had my say.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 5, 2005, 08:33 AM
Of course not.
ShadeJackrabbit ShadeJackrabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 08:34 AM
No, but maybe. Don't like the outfit, or Darth Vader take-off, yet I like the new weopens, (if they could be smaller.)

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 08:44 AM
No.

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 09:04 AM
Yes.
"We planned on making JJ3, a complete follow up to JJ2 featuring less ingame story, modifiable maps, modifiable outfits, all characters from ALL jazz games, double multiplay etc.(xbox live, ps2online) And it was to tie into the storylines of our JJGBA title"
Modifible maps is not a feature you see much of today in platformers, and if they could make the gameplay worthwhile, then that would be one heck of a title.
Plus, with modifiable outifts, you could probrally create Jazz to look the way he did at the begining of the JJ1 intro movie.
I could care less about the story though. Then again, Eric could have made everything up at the last minute.
EnergyClock

JCF Member

EnergyClock is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 09:35 AM
Ugh, the last thing I want to see is jJzz looking like a militia member.

JCF Veteran

Jul 5, 2005, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyClock
Ugh, the last thing I want to see is jJzz looking like a militia member.
Erm what?

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
a complete follow up to JJ2 featuring less ingame story
Less? There was hardly any ingame story in JJ2 at all, so how would that work?

Besides, I voted yes. Why not give them a chance?

JCF Veteran

Jul 5, 2005, 10:02 AM
No I think less than JJA or something, I'm not all to sure.
EDIT- For example, JJA had storylines when you were done with an area, if this was in JJ2 that be a cutscene every two levels. Then again, each cutscene happened after a boss so that means that it would be after each episode in JJ2.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 5, 2005, 10:15 AM
They planned to have cutscenes between episodes anyway.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 5, 2005, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimiClown
And, since when did Jazz own a MachineGun and a Bazooka?
He didn't. He only owned a blaster. The others he found and/or bought along the way.

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
He didn't. He only owned a blaster. The others he found and/or bought along the way.
Which I find completely logical.

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 05:29 AM
same here.

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 06:40 AM
Hmm, Jazz using big weapons would be interested. If he did use these weapons again, the best way for him to use them would be in a FPS. I can't remember the last time that I saw a weapon like a Shrink Ray and Expander in a game. Guns like that & Rail Gun are always cool. I for one like these Crossbow sniper weapons over the real sniper weapon regardless of the small ammo capacity and long reloading time.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 6, 2005, 07:05 AM
Eh. I dunno. Jazz with real, deadly guns? I think much of the charme of this guy comes from the fact that he's a..bunny. With a GUN! You know, not a gun, but a GUN! With exclamation mark. I mean, the combination alone is just weird. The awesome thing is that JJ games don't take themselves seriously. If Jazz really switched to using bazookas or maybe even shotguns or automatic gatling guns and the like, that effect would be completely destroyed.

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jul 6, 2005, 08:03 AM
Fawriel's right. Just as I said, bunnies with lethal weapons is NOT in the spirit of Epic. Go with the rubber bouncy thingy's! w00t!
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 11:32 AM
I think each character should have slightly different weapons too. For example, Spaz's weapons would have a wacky touch to them, like the bouncers bouncing up and down fast as though hyperactive, seekers doing weird stuff in mid-air like spinning around, etc.

JCF Member

Anakin[CC] is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 12:43 PM
No, Jj2 was kinda like UT in 2D and thats why i liked it so much,

JJA sucked completly and part from that some grapichs where taken from the jj2 game, the game didnt match anything that had to do with Jj2 imo, the story was bad, jazz looked bad, well we know the story.

JJA is much like the Commander Keen GBA version which is just the same story

Epic Games should make Jj3 but not with the Unreal 1.0 engine :X and certainly not from the demo which never got released or finished.

JCF Veteran

Jul 6, 2005, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin[CC]
No, Jj2 was kinda like UT in 2D and thats why i liked it so much,
That is time-linely incorrect. UT is kinda like JJ2 in 3d, but I see where you're coming from.

Quote:
JJA sucked completly and part from that some grapichs where taken from the jj2 game, the game didnt match anything that had to do with Jj2 imo, the story was bad, jazz looked bad, well we know the story.
IMO, The game was great. It's better than taking all of the original characters and screwing them up. Jazz Looked the same, the correct way to say it is: Jazz's Outfit looked bad. And the graphics IMO were excellent, just because it's not the original characters does not mean the game automatically looks liek crap. Which means it didn't suck completely.
Quote:
JJA is much like the Commander Keen GBA version which is just the same story
While I know what you mean, this also worded wrong, you need to have "Pretty much" Since JJA has people who like it. And I thought it was Commander Keen GBC?

Quote:
Epic Games should make Jj3 but not with the Unreal 1.0 engine :X
Duh.
[.quote] and certainly not from the demo which never got released or finished.[/QUOTE]
And why not? That game was great, a tad too linear but great nonetheless.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 6, 2005, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
Jazz Looked the same,
Not quite, no. There was a different artistic style, more than just an outfit change.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 6, 2005, 03:06 PM
Even his fur colors are different from what I remember..

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jul 6, 2005, 03:08 PM
Maybe. I like stuff like machine guns and bazookas, though Imo those should be kept to 3D games and stuff.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jul 7, 2005, 01:59 AM
Absolutely not. And especially not after they threatened to shut down J2O.

JCF Member

Jul 7, 2005, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz
Absolutely not. And especially not after they threatened to shut down J2O.
They did?

JCF Member

BlazinDragon is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2005, 07:23 AM
well, from what i've heard from reviews, and played on an illigal ROM version for 1 hour, i deleted it, but it sucked- it had absolutely no storyline and the graphics sucked (only cuz it was a ripped version). But from what ive seen and heard it sux, so that is a definite no the the company that made JJA into JJ3.

++ opinions.
#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon
~Firebolt
~Iced Killer
~KILLERRABBIT
n00b

JCF Veteran

Jul 11, 2005, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERRABBIT(ICEDKILLER)
it had absolutely no storyline
I take it your rom destroyed all cutscenes and NPC interaction.

JCF Member

BlazinDragon is doing well so far

Jul 12, 2005, 05:56 AM
it just sucked. (warning, random shpeel comming up)

What we need is a game, completely 3D on either XBOX or Gamecube as they're known for good graphics. Also we have to have a good story line. Jazz's children maybe (we could have a cutscene with them chewing some carrots in the backyard, and when jazz does something and stops watching them for a second, they're gone. With a ransom note from the infamous Devan Shell [insert creative story line here] and then he has to follow a few rare clues that only leads his half way there. And did i mention...its dangerous? Jazz has to use the teamwork of eva (its like you're playing single player and can switch between the two characters) and you solve puzzles opening up routes for bridges, and wallclimbing- no not the bug... BUT IT WILL BE REAL you can climb between small crevvases to reach uptop where devan thought you could never reach (all that training in episode 1 + 2 really worked!) and you go through weird mysical lands filled with lava (yes moving lava- hot too) to frozen environments to rainforests and lands that look deceptively peaceful- and in that case you slow down, because you dont want to leave, you want to stay in everlasting peace ~ somehow you must get out. Trying to work as a team with eva, and some help from Razz, until you reach his hideout, his stronghold and with the help of Razz's "superbinding cuffs of power" you capture devan and put him in the castle prison and show the queen, how you really did kick devan's butt, and you save you're children, therefore happy ending.

This is something that we need a complex story line (not suggesting mine, but a good complex one) it would do it and snag even more people who never heard of the game and some who have. Also the gamecube or xbox (preferably xbox because it has online play) and the community would grow! People are so addicted to console games that this could be our oppourtunity to make a difference, make a suggestion to a game making company AND DO IT!
#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon
~Firebolt
~Iced Killer
~KILLERRABBIT

JCF Member

Crono5 is doing well so far

Jul 12, 2005, 12:47 PM
I'd prefer a company that doesn't make cartoon rabbits get devorced to reduce licencing fees and blatently rips off darth vader.

The only thing Jelco should make are nukes. Ones that malfunction, before leaving the factory.

JCF Veteran

Jul 12, 2005, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono5
The only thing Jelco should make are nukes. Ones that malfunction, before leaving the factory.
Jaleco doesnt make anything. They just publish things.
And it's better they make up new characters instead of potentially ruining the old ones.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 12, 2005, 12:58 PM
They probably would've turned Eva into a sweet as sugar damsel in distress. And of course, they consequently would have received a letter bomb from a certain Martin Gray.