Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Project Carrot

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jul 23, 2016, 12:00 AM
Something tells me the project is dead yet again. Does anyone know if Soulweaver is still working on it?

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jul 23, 2016, 07:56 AM
I'm sure he's working on it, but he doesn't have anything in particular to say about it.

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Jul 24, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Something tells me the project is dead yet again. Does anyone know if Soulweaver is still working on it?
I have some quite recent local changes that aren't in the repository currently (some basic Freezer mechanics, namely). I've been somewhat occupied, though, by my rereading of the CLANNAD visual novel that I finally received around a month ago (a "perk" of being a physical-only EU backer was to get it later than everyone else), the already past Summer Games Done Quick 2016, and now the ongoing European Speedrunner Assembly 2016. Plus I was quite overwhelmed from moving from the three work days + two university days (that I mostly spent home) schedule to the full five-day week for the summer as well But it is still on my mind and I'm still working on it whenever I have enough time.

Last edited by Soulweaver; Jul 24, 2016 at 02:13 PM.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jul 25, 2016, 05:32 AM
Oh, it's nice to see you're still working on it. I like how your taskbar on top, not bottom

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jul 29, 2016, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still interested in progress towards this project. Looking back, it really came a long way from what you first showed us!

In a way, I feel kind of sad that all I can do here is appreciate the project. I can't really program, but if you do donations at some point I'm willing to support.
Soulweaver

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Dec 12, 2016, 09:28 AM
Just a small update: I posted a round-up video of features that were added in since May. As evident from both my activity here and in the repository, my focus has again been all over the place except in PC, but I'll try to put more effort into it again soon.

I think I read these messages before but didn't have to time to answer right away and forgot... Anyways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Oh, it's nice to see you're still working on it. I like how your taskbar on top, not bottom
Hehe, thanks It's a long time habit now; I find it useful to have the task bar on the eye level than at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Yeah, I'm still interested in progress towards this project. Looking back, it really came a long way from what you first showed us!

In a way, I feel kind of sad that all I can do here is appreciate the project. I can't really program, but if you do donations at some point I'm willing to support.
Your and everyone else's interest into it is already enough support, and also something I am quite grateful for

Programming-wise, it's not like it'd be easy for anyone to contribute at the moment really. There's still a lot of cruft in the engine that needs to be rewritten in a better way, so the game core would pretty much be a moving target to anyone else looking towards helping. Maybe in the future it will be more stable...

Donations have crossed my mind at least once but I decided that as long as I cannot reliably promise continuous development, it'd pretty much be a scam on my part, plus I'm managing well with the salary from my daily job anyway so it'd just be a bonus and not something that really helped me put the bread on the table. So, I don't think that'll happen even if it would sound like a motivator.

----------

EDIT: Magic. Okay, still a bit broken, but regardless.

Last edited by Soulweaver; Dec 14, 2016 at 02:49 PM.
Kunuckles

JCF Member

Kunuckles is doing well so far

Jan 9, 2017, 07:00 PM
Long time player and lurker here. This project makes me excited and I just want to congratulate OP on his current progress.