Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2 Hall of Fame

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2015, 03:29 PM
JJ2 Hall of Fame

If there were a real hall of fame for overall JJ2 (not just for one test) who would you say should be in the hall of fame?

I would vote for Grytolle, Vegito, Urbs, CJ and Chiyu to be in the hall of fame. This is for making large contributions to the competitive clan scene by showing leadership and for playing CTF team games. Not only are these players some of the most famous names on JJ2, they have given JJ2 a good name, and even are some of the most skilled and accomplished players in the CTF game.

Hopefully I want to honor other players and JJ2 community members, and not intending to dishonor anyone. I guess this is a simple thread, if there's anyone who you think should be in the hall of fame for JJ2, just say it.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 22, 2015, 03:34 PM
I, too, enjoy the taste of Cracco Cock

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2015, 05:31 PM
I've never really thought the competitive scene made JJ2, but the levelmakers, modders and Nimrod who keeps the serverlist running. They're the backbone behind making the game enjoyable. Competitive players are there as a side effect.

I highly doubt most of those who got into playing JJ2 online was because of the competitive scene, but because of the nostalgia and enjoyment they get out of it. When they consider themselves good at CTF (or peer pressure by 'net friends), that's when they go into competitive play.

I guess you can tell I don't care for the competitive scene. You can have a thriving community without one. Outside of the online JJ2 community, no one acknowledges them.

Maybe I'll put up my HoF up sometime.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 22, 2015, 11:15 PM
JetBanana?

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Jan 22, 2015, 11:36 PM
Of levelmakers, modders, hosts, more. Sure there are more people who could be included in the discussion. Especially non-players deserve recognition like the game designers who are credited in the game. The community activists who established communications methodology for the game's fanbase. I can definitely name some people who should be considered for contributions like this.

- Alexander Brandon, musician for JJ2
- Nick Stadler, visual artist for JJ2
- FireSword
- EvilMike
- Monolith
- Wakeman
- Stijn
- Overlord
- Blurredd

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 23, 2015, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
- Stijn
aww

In a competitive sense, I'm reminded of Bobby, who had an unbeaten reputation in 1v1s back in the days until he was defeated by iCeD one day after a 50-win streak or so.

And there's of course FQuist without whom this whole site probably wouldn't exist.
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Jan 23, 2015, 01:23 AM
The JJ2+ team

Last edited by Vegito; Feb 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
I, too, enjoy the taste of Cracco Cock
Disrespectful.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 12:05 PM
I would choose Nick Standler as the best player of all time

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
The JJ2+ team
Violet especially.

EDIT: No offense to the other plus devs; it's just that no one else has mentioned Violet.

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Jan 23, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 01:22 PM
Can I also mention that guy called Heavy Dog? I don't know who he is, but I met hin a few times and he does play pretty well!

Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:25 PM
Treylina
This message has been deleted by Treylina.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2015, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Can I also mention that guy called Heavy Dog? I don't know who he is, but I met hin a few times and he does play pretty well!
That's hardly the stuff worthy of such an honor. Someone you just met and who turns out to play well. In that case, I could nominate a whole range of people.

I guess Splat is right by mentioning those who are at the very foundations of this game, those who maintain the structure and embellish it with beautiful ornaments. Those who take care of the furniture inside the structure, and not just with one simple upload, but with continuous levelmaking, episodes, projects etc, but also other contributions to the community.

If JJ2 would turn into religion, the Hall of Fame would be our temple, our Pantheon, and these zealous men and women would be the gods we'd worship. It takes more than just one level, being 'a good player', to ascend into eternity, to become a legend. To have your name inscribed on the Wall of Heroes, eternally lit by an undying fire. To be remembered by generations to come.

We are but ants in the presence of these people. Only by hard and honest labor in this community will we be able to become gods ourselves.

Last edited by Borgia; Jan 24, 2015 at 02:00 AM.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 25, 2015, 03:34 AM
Can't think of anyone to add except DanZeal, for starting jjnet and hosting dedicated servers for so many years, completely changing what playing jj2 was like. In the past, you had to ask tons of people on msn before you could play a game and one of them had to be able to host. Clan activity was also very low and had been so for a couple of years except around the very few tournaments before the ladder started.

Too lazy to argue with Treylina's supply-side theories of the growth of the competitive scene, but I'd like to add that I doubt anyone is receiving a lot of appreciation for any JJ2 accomplishment outside of the Jj2 community whether it's winning a tournament, creating a popular level or being able to keep a computer running around the clock and occasionally restarting crashed software. I guess it's slightly different if you make fan art, as the art as such can interest a wider audience?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 25, 2015, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
Can't think of anyone to add except DanZeal, for starting jjnet and hosting dedicated servers for so many years, completely changing what playing jj2 was like. In the past, you had to ask tons of people on msn before you could play a game and one of them had to be able to host. Clan activity was also very low and had been so for a couple of years except around the very few tournaments before the ladder started.

Too lazy to argue with Treylina's supply-side theories of the growth of the competitive scene, but I'd like to add that I doubt anyone is receiving a lot of appreciation for any JJ2 accomplishment outside of the Jj2 community whether it's winning a tournament, creating a popular level or being able to keep a computer running around the clock and occasionally restarting crashed software. I guess it's slightly different if you make fan art, as the art as such can interest a wider audience?
When there's so many dedicated servers nowadays, that most of them are ghost towns, I suppose it's easy to take them for granted and get tired of it. But I can see how it helped with the community too, especially organising duels and team games.

I didn't say I was worthy of the HoF (or at least not quite yet). The difference between being one of the top players and hosting, making levels, tilesets and modding is that you're providing something to others. You can't do anything marvelling at awesome skills. The providers offer the opportunity to practice and explore, and improve their experience. That's exactly what I mean by a side-effect.

The recognition thing was meant as a response to "they have given JJ2 a good name" in which I fail to see proof of. A games reputation is determined by the attitude of the playerbase and devs.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Jan 25, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 26, 2015, 07:57 AM
Well, okay, in that case I'd only add "arranging tournaments" and "running fan websites" to the list and you have indeed covered the entire community that supports playing the game on- and offline.

Having great players around and new ones pop up do make me stay interested in playing competitively, though. Similarly, I remember seeing a video on youtube of Slayer beating a test at what seemed to me as incredible speed, prompting me to actually try to get better at playing tests for two days or so before I gave up for lack of talent

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 28, 2015, 07:09 AM
People behind J2o, JMMB, JJCF, JJ2+, JazzJackrabbit.net.. etc etc.

Oh wait a minute, you.. yes you, without you there wasn't a community at all.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 29, 2015, 07:21 AM
I guess we are all gods in our own respective ways .

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 29, 2015, 09:57 AM
A personal list of top 100 contributors, unordered:
  • Agama
  • aiko
  • Alberto
  • Alister
  • Arjan Brussee
  • Birdie
  • Black Ninja
  • Blackraptor
  • Blade
  • BloodBunny
  • BlurredD
  • Bobby aka Dizzy
  • CelL
  • ChippieBW
  • CliffyB
  • cooba
  • Coppertop
  • CrimiClown
  • DanZeal
  • DarkSonic
  • Derby
  • Dethman
  • Disguise
  • Djazz
  • DodgeS
  • DoubleGJ
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Dx
  • Eagle
  • Eigus
  • Enigma
  • ET
  • EvilD
  • EvilMike
  • FawFuL
  • Fawriel
  • FireSworD
  • Foly
  • FQuist
  • GraphixJJF
  • Grytolle
  • Gus
  • Haze
  • Hitch
  • iCeD
  • Jeh
  • Jerrythabest
  • Kejero
  • Ktos.
  • Lark
  • Laro
  • Link
  • Loon
  • Mez
  • minmay
  • mirrow
  • Monolith
  • Moonblaze
  • n0
  • Nebula
  • Neobeo
  • Newspaz
  • Nickadoo
  • Nimrod
  • Ninja Dodo
  • NOKA
  • Noogy
  • Obi1mcd
  • Olsen
  • Onag
  • Overlord
  • P4ul
  • PurpleJazz
  • Pyromanus
  • Quickz
  • Radium
  • Ragnarok
  • Sacrush
  • Salamander
  • ShadowGPW
  • Shaker
  • Siren
  • Snooze
  • spaceboy
  • Spaztic
  • Spazzyman
  • Spotty
  • Stijn
  • stripe
  • Superjazz
  • Syntax
  • Torkell
  • Trafton
  • TreyLina
  • UNKNOWNFILE
  • Violet
  • Wakeman
  • Waz
  • zapS
  • zepect

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Jan 30, 2015, 06:56 AM
(in no particular order)

Monolith AKA "The Server", BlurredD, Stijn, Violet, Shadow, Nimrod, fQuist, Grytolle, Jeh, Dethman, Wakeman, Haze, ToxicBunny, Disguise, NewSpaz, Danzeal, Bloodbunny, Agama, stripe...

dunno, plenty of crazy contributors. I have an INSANE amount of respect to blurredD for his work on JJ2+.
Vegito

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2015, 12:59 AM
In case of skill over longer periods of time:

Kenny, BunnyElmer/Anakin, Thunder, Jman, Unhit, Stiletto, R3ptile, Skull, Sasik, Yasco, Squirrel and AvK have not been mentioned yet. All of them have played a lot and in many nice clanwars or have done very well in JDC before.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Feb 19, 2015, 09:13 AM
Quote:

Kenny, BunnyElmer/Anakin, Thunder, Jman, Unhit, Stiletto, R3ptile, Skull, Sasik, Yasco, Squirrel and AvK have not been mentioned yet. All of them have played a lot and in many nice clanwars or have done very well in JDC before.
Having played against most of those people I would generally agree, but not so sure about Thunder's 10 3vs3's a day habit he liked to abuse to do very well in JDC, or JmaN's gameplan strategy of finding shields/pu's not present in the map and fixing teams

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 19, 2015, 09:27 AM
I do also recall BunnyElmer and Thunder being rather careful about the line-ups they played against. So I'm rather unsure of their true skill level.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 19, 2015, 10:06 AM
Are you saying that... Elmer was hunting for wabbits?

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2015, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Are you saying that... Elmer was hunting for wabbits?
Not even related to the thread, but thanks Captain Obvious!

Vegito

JCF Member

Feb 24, 2015, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor View Post
Having played against most of those people I would generally agree, but not so sure about Thunder's 10 3vs3's a day habit he liked to abuse to do very well in JDC, or JmaN's gameplan strategy of finding shields/pu's not present in the map and fixing teams
I know, I figured there would be questions about me giving Jman, Thunder and BunnyElmer credit. Still, considering their activity I think they do deserve some credit because they participated (in tournaments) often. Skillwise... yea I agree, you might not add them to such a list because of their "tactics"
I also questioned myself if I should add them to the list or not

JCF Member

VashTheStampede is doing well so far

Apr 29, 2015, 08:45 PM
This thread is severely lacking Batty Buddy.

And ViperMM.

And me. Especially me.

[JxFhGo9w34865tRh!!!!!] - sÀlÄmÃnDèRDM
GlassTableGirls

JCF Member

GlassTableGirls has disabled reputation

Oct 11, 2016, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
A personal list of top 100 contributors, unordered:
  • spaceboy
Quote:

Wow thanks for mentioning me, I'm honored.

Last edited by GlassTableGirls; Jan 29, 2017 at 07:04 AM.