Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Game Ideas!

Marijn

JCF Member

Marijn is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2006, 07:12 AM
Game Ideas!

I hate it when i am out of ideas..
I want to make a simple schooter ( right, like jazz ) but i am complete out of ideas:
Levelsettings
Characters,
Story
stuff like that.

I need to plan first thought, but i realy need some ideas
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Mar 1, 2006, 11:19 AM
Try to make a licensed game. Like one time I was watching some show and found the episode's plot could smoothly be converted into a sidescrolling game.
Plus the characters, settings and such are already laid out which takes a chunk out of deveolpment time.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2006, 05:05 AM
Are you going to be programming this yourself? Do you have a lot of experience with it? Game engines can be really hard to make if you don't know how, so if you're new to programming, I suggest making a few simple games first; they don't even need to have a plot.
Marijn

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2006, 05:15 AM
I do already write small games like pong and breakout. Most of the time just tools for nasty jobs.
But no, i do not have much game programming experience(with sprites), thats why i begin with the story and go from there!
BattleSpaz

JCF Member

BattleSpaz is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2006, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
Try to make a licensed game. Like one time I was watching some show and found the episode's plot could smoothly be converted into a sidescrolling game.
Plus the characters, settings and such are already laid out which takes a chunk out of deveolpment time.
And don't go asking the makers of show "Can I use your characters" Or they reject you >_>

But, I prefer something sonic related, as its easy to find sprites to redraw.
Marijn

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2006, 08:59 AM
hahaha...
What the hell are you guys thinking ?? I have joined a JAZZ JACKRABBIT Community.. See my point ?

The problems is, i want to make a legal game who anybody can play.
In other ways...
I need to make the sprites, the sounds, the code, the ins, the outs, the help files ( i think it will pritty big ).. and more (fanzy) stuff. Why all that stuff by myself ? Simple.. I just hate people who say: "Aah.. Im 16 know and i want to make a game! please join my team.." It sound so.. dumb

I just enjoy thinking of game types. I still enjoy playing Jazz Jackrabbit, 6 years ago i met with him. But don't really like to talk to Epic people right now ( just hate them for canceling Jazz 3.. ). Side shooters are fun, so i starting to make jazz look-a-like sprites. ( on paper )

I have a bit trouble with colour them.. I will email a good sprite maker here or Devart to ask about it. But the real problem is making a story.. I would like to know what is fun.

I've heard that 2d is dead.. I do not agree... What do you guys ( and girls ) think ?

ps: i stop using so many icons now.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Mar 2, 2006, 09:19 AM
2d > 3d

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Mar 2, 2006, 10:37 AM
As long as the director of the Castlevania series and the Behometh Company are alive, 2d gaming is alive.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Mar 2, 2006, 11:32 AM
Mutants from the back of the fridge. Your game should be about mutants from the back of the fridge. Yes.

Or no, whatever you want. :P

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92
ThunderPX

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2006, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare
Mutants from the back of the fridge. Your game should be about mutants from the back of the fridge. Yes.

Or no, whatever you want. :P
Actually, a portal in the main character's fridge leads to Fridgetopia, where you are attacked by giant falling mayonaise jars and cutlery.

*runs*

JCF Member

aokmaniac13 is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
A hispanic gardener in HEAVY DUTY overalls named Maurice who travels to a magical land of shrubbery and monarchies by means of teleportation hoses.

This is a concept sprite of him.

(Yes, this was an intentionally retarted idea.)

JCF Member

Mar 3, 2006, 04:15 AM
Yeah.. Fantasie enough

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Mar 10, 2006, 11:21 AM
Here's a game plot that I generated using "The best Page in the Universe"

Quote:
Communists devise a scheme to smuggle an impressive amount of cocaine for ransom under the watchful eye of Afghani rebels. The plot twists when the Communists hijack a shipment of nuclear warheads even after their demands are met, unless an ex-con with a big heart can learn to trust humanity again and stop the Communists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Communists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser.