Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Pest Eliminators

Closed Thread

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2006, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Also, I've just PMed Nimrod and Monolith for a request to petition for ban, except there really isn't a point since ThaSpaz isn't really doing anything other than (-) us all off.
ThaSpaz has been spamming our servers for quite a while. Then when we ban him, he crashes the server. He claims:
Quote:
These crash-happy people do not include me, offcourse i have crashed a few servers, but only when they ban me for no reason,
You also probably know quite well that he was working with Orbitz and UF to crash servers (Rise (and fall) of the Triad? )

Generally, He acts like a little @$# despite his age (15). People like this do not deserve to play in a failing community like JJ2.

I think if you can get the server administrators to join this, this thread could be used to contact them.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2006, 07:15 AM
ShadowRabbit, and we can't get rid of his crashes even if his IP would be banned. And you are, of course, not the first person to contact Nimrod and Monolith about ThaSpaz.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2006, 08:24 AM
I think I should become the leader of PE because i'm cool.

JCF Member

ThaSpaz is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40
ThaSpaz has been spamming our servers for quite a while. Then when we ban him, he crashes the server. He claims:

You also probably know quite well that he was working with Orbitz and UF to crash servers (Rise (and fall) of the Triad? )

Generally, He acts like a little @$# despite his age (15). People like this do not deserve to play in a failing community like JJ2.

I think if you can get the server administrators to join this, this thread could be used to contact them.
your weird

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Mar 6, 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
No, I don't think you should become leader of PE... Because you're cool, you can become JCF ADMIN!
R3ptile

Banned

Mar 6, 2006, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
yea

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Mar 6, 2006, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSpaz
your weird

Thank you *Points to sig* for observing the obvious.
NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Mar 18, 2006, 01:04 AM
Sorry to everyone for being offline for so long. I've had many things offline to do, but it's holidays so I have a little more time.

Well, TBBR, why wouldn't we be able to?
Odin... hmm hmm.... NO.
Pufffie, any crasher would say 'it wasn't me it was [insert name here]!!!'. Also Nimrod and Monolith won't merge PE into the list server team because 'we don't have members of usefullness to the listserver team'. Monolith said 'who is there to merge with?'. Quite silly reasons if I must say.

Oh, and I have a public announcement/statement for you all.

Saturday, March 18 2006
I have decided to launch a new campaign to join PE. We are in urgent need of active members. The current member number, 2, is very bad indeed if PE is supposed to survive. If we don't get members within a month or two PE will die.

On the leadership issue I will be willing to pass on leadership to a person who will contribute to the growing of PE. At the moment we have no site (alas my non-existent HTML skills), very few members and crashers running loose unmanaged.
Those willing to apply for leader need to email pinkfurby@hotmail.com with the email title "PE Leadership Request" and explain things they will bring to PE. Deadline is the 1st of April 12:00AM 11+ GMT. Please note that I will stay co-leader if a leader is found.

Things we hope to add soon:
* Member Campaign
* A Little Layout Change. You'll see. Done!
* A Site. This'll hopefully be done when we have around 7+ members.
* (Possibly) A New Leader
* Report Now! Campaign

Oh, and I highly urge reporting at the moment. From what I hear from Jerry JJ2WC3 actually died because there were a few crashings. PE has had no report of these crashers and, as I say, "If we ain't got no reports, we ain't got no proof, and we ain't got no reason to do anything. K? So report NOW!!!" (I know, it's a little lame but it gets the point through).

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 18, 2006, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRabbit
If we ain't got no reports, we ain't got no proof, and we ain't got no reason to do anything.
That's because when people report they actually do it to the listserver admins themselves because that way they won't waste time.
R3ptile

Banned

Mar 18, 2006, 01:26 AM
Quote:
stuff
wow this is so pointless
NovaStar

JCF Member

Mar 18, 2006, 01:54 AM
All I have to say is ... and the listserver team seem to be doing nothing, if they had of been ThaSpaz Orbitz and UF would be banned already.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Mar 18, 2006, 06:59 AM
The problem is, JJ2 is a game where it's easy to imitate others. Unless you have sure-fire proof, you might end up banning someone who's innocent. Plus, when someone is banned, they will be unbanned eventually, in the time that they were banned they might have learned a lesson and it wouldn't be fair to keep them banned forever.

Not to mention how hard it is to completely ban someone, the list servers only ban ip addresses. If the address isn't static, then all they have to do is reconnect to bypass it. Even if it is static, there are several ways to get past, since it doesn't actualy govern JJ2 servers, just accessing them with a friendly interface.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Mar 18, 2006, 08:15 AM
PE owns.

Banned

Mar 18, 2006, 08:16 AM
yeah, especially since i became the leader of it
NovaStar

JCF Member

Mar 18, 2006, 10:22 PM
TBBR, you aren't leader yet, the announcement will be made ASAP after April 1!

Banned

Mar 19, 2006, 09:38 AM
ShadowRabbit, quit running PE, please. It's obvious you're not getting any reports. Just quit it now,you're doing nothing to help.
R3ptile

Banned

Mar 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
he is not the leader, odin. i am.
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Mar 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
Quote:
All I have to say is ... and the listserver team seem to be doing nothing, if they had of been ThaSpaz Orbitz and UF would be banned already.
So if you really claim we are doing nothing, what could you do to improve the situation?

What can you actually do to stop people crashing? As far as I'm aware, the list server team are the only ones who can actually stop people accessing the list.

Banned

Mar 19, 2006, 09:43 AM
and that's why i said this is all pointless.

Banned

Mar 19, 2006, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod
So if you really claim we are doing nothing, what could you do to improve the situation?

What can you actually do to stop people crashing? As far as I'm aware, the list server team are the only ones who can actually stop people accessing the list.
Zing!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
R3ptile
This message has been deleted by R3ptile.
NovaStar

JCF Member

Apr 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
Reviv'd.
I'll keep that on record, but we can't really do anything since AJazz left JJ2. On record in case he comes back.

In other news no-one applied for leadership so I'm still leader.

Last edited by NovaStar; Apr 11, 2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Poking-out-tongue smilies are very mean when they don't work!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:19 PM
R3ptile
This message has been deleted by R3ptile.
NovaStar

JCF Member

Apr 24, 2006, 02:50 PM
Bumpity bump! Looking for new members!

JCF Member

Apr 25, 2006, 02:44 AM
Bumpity bump AGAIN, someone please reply.