Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

The Community Episode. (New Start)

JCF Member

Valco is notorious for his worthless posts

Feb 24, 2008, 10:01 AM
There, a good to honest explanation, all I needed. I can get back to work on the cutscene with that in mind, but there are a couple of things I think your going overboard with, and I think it's my opinion if these should change:

The music: This has nothing to do with the continuation of the storyline, and I like it. This cutscene might have bad music, but I woud've changed a couple of things in Olsen's level if I were allowed. (Not the eyecandy) This is still MY cutscene, I get some freedom out of that.

EvilMike style: First of all, I'm against naming the layer 1 as zero type cutscene with EvilMike's name, but whatever. If I make a cutscene like this, it will look nothing like what it does now. If you really want me to do it however, I can try my best. There can still be a gameplay interruption at the end.

I think that's all I have to pick on at the moment, everything else is going fine. And that wasting time thing was actually a hoax so I could fix the crash scene...

The cutscene will be done in a week hopefully, and I'll send you two versions, one without spaceship scrolling (EvilMike style), the other with more details.

So Xobim, how's your level getting along?

The ultimate race experience
Coming soon to Jazz2Online

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Feb 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valco View Post
The music: This has nothing to do with the continuation of the storyline, and I like it. This cutscene might have bad music, but I woud've changed a couple of things in Olsen's level if I were allowed. (Not the eyecandy) This is still MY cutscene, I get some freedom out of that.
Stop acting childish. If you want to deliver a quality cutscene, you have to add the right music. Access.xm doesn't fit the mood of someone in panic with a ship dropping from the sky...

Quote:
EvilMike style: First of all, I'm against naming the layer 1 as zero type cutscene with EvilMike's name, but whatever. If I make a cutscene like this, it will look nothing like what it does now. If you really want me to do it however, I can try my best. There can still be a gameplay interruption at the end.
You haven't read my PM well enough. Only the crashing part is supposed to look like that, and that doesn't mean you have to copy his concept and execution of it. I used his level as an example.
Sure you can omit that idea, I don't mind it. In the PM I said I would be very pleased if you were able to insert it.

Quote:
I think that's all I have to pick on at the moment, everything else is going fine. And that wasting time thing was actually a hoax so I could fix the crash scene...

The cutscene will be done in a week hopefully, and I'll send you two versions, one without spaceship scrolling (EvilMike style), the other with more details.

So Xobim, how's your level getting along?
I never asked you to create a level in half an hour. You don't have to make up weird stories like "You like wasting my time? Then I'll waste yours by sending you that level a week later." just to make some more time free to work on it. In fact, I stated multiple times that you can take your time. I'm not waiting for you. The community is waiting for me, actually...

And my level is coming along nicely. I can send the part that's done by tonight, but only if Sacrush replies...

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
If anyone is causing trouble then I suggest that his "contribution" is ignored so everyone can move on rather than waste time on petty beef hurling.

JCF Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
Why do you need his feedback? Just wondering, if that sounded sarcastic, sorry. These forums should have sarcasm tags or something.

By the way, if the crashing part uses his affect, the whole level does. Sorry. I'll try anyway.

Last edited by Valco; Feb 25, 2008 at 04:38 PM.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Feb 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
Valco, let me warn you that at this moment you are not acting like a contribution to this forum and that you can start trying to be, or the admins could make you. Please treat people with more respect and less arrogance.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
Valco
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: We're telling you you're arrogant because you make posts like this. Deleted before the arguments ensue.

JCF Member

Feb 24, 2008, 06:32 PM
How are people quoting me on something I didn't say? Am I missing in on a prank? Stop it please!

Last edited by Valco; Feb 25, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Feb 24, 2008, 06:46 PM
Quote:
How does n00b do it and not get people angry at him...
n00bs guidebook to being an arrogant sarcastic jerk on teh JCFs:

#1: Know when to quit.
#2: Best time to quit is when an admin intervenes. (which has happend six times in this instance. Thats five times too many. This should have stopped the second Stijn said "Stop being childish")

Last edited by n00b; Feb 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM.

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Feb 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
Valco, n00b's replies have a bit of intelligence behind them, unlike yours which seem to be made for the sake of saying them. You are wearing the moderators patience down, and I suggest you smarten up.

Shall I give you another quote? "it's better to keep your mouth closed and look like a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Quote:
If anyone is causing trouble then I suggest that his "contribution" is ignored so everyone can move on rather than waste time on petty beef hurling.
It's a shame that this rule has to be implemented, but if we have people on here acting like an (-), so be it.

JCF Member

Sacrush is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2008, 01:39 AM
Well... I Wouldn't mind seeing the level, but if you rather wait with it I don't mind.

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2008, 06:59 AM
Most of the level's done, but I just want to double check if I meet all of Xobim's standards. I was also hoping to get a one-frame scroll-free version in (EvilMike Style), and it could take a couple of days, seeing as I'm running out of free time. I'll send it to you and Xobim once it's finished.

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2008, 06:11 PM
UPDATE:

The cutscene's almost done, just gotta fix up some ambient sound and lighting effects. This cutscene is radically different from the original, and it uses the layer-1 cover-up style.(EvilMike, whatever you want to call it) If your reading this, I've probably already sent Xobim and Sacrush the cutscene. I assure you Xobim. You'll like it. By the way, it uses Metal.mod, if you don't have it, you'll have to get it from somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40 View Post
Valco, n00b's replies have a bit of intelligence behind them, unlike yours which seem to be made for the sake of saying them. You are wearing the moderators patience down, and I suggest you smarten up.

Shall I give you another quote? "it's better to keep your mouth closed and look like a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

'Quote Here'

It's a shame that this rule has to be implemented, but if we have people on here acting like an (-), so be it.
First of all, this arguement started when Stijn said I was childish. Was this a problem? No! But he starts to think he knows more about this episode than I do, and authority figures intervening when they have less information about the topic than I do is just one of my pet-peeves.

Smarten up, eh? Your the one who has no understanding of sarcasm. The n00b thing wasn't serious at all, just a joke. Notice the three periods...

And finally, don't listen to Cooba. He has no affiliation with us, let alone does he have the right to make any rules. Yes, I tried to make rules on the last page, but that was for the good of the community, and I believe everyone can benefit from that.

Smarten up Puffie40, go find a thread you belong in. Planning on argueing it out? Then your as childish as me.

Last edited by Valco; Feb 27, 2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Why do you people ask me to argue with you?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 28, 2008, 04:10 AM
Quote:
First of all, this arguement started when Stijn said I was childish. Was this a problem? No! But he starts to think he knows more about this episode than I do, and authority figures intervening when they have less information about the topic than I do is just one of my pet-peeves.
*sigh* for the last time, I said your way of replying was childish, which does not have anything to do with the episode.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2008, 07:18 AM
That wasn't the problem! You said he explained himself well, and you got that information from a single post. I admit it, that was a very childish reply. But does EVERYONE have to pick on me because of it?

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
No. It's simply because you refuse to listen to what others say, and you think you know it all. You are the one who's attacking here, from what I see.

Quote:
And finally, don't listen to Cooba. He has no affiliation with us, let alone does he have the right to make any rules.
Do you even know who the (-) cooba is in this community?

Edit: That's it. I'm not talking about this anymore. This is seriously derailing this topic. I suggest you do the same thing Valco
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:34 AM
Valco
This message has been deleted by Stijn.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:34 AM
Puffie40
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:36 AM
Valco

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
Okay, stop it. If you have any more of this fascinating arguing about Who Is Being A Dick, please bore each other with it via PM's instead of annoying others with it.

If you have anything to say about the community episode itself, go ahead. If you have anything else to say, also go ahead, but not in this thread, or I'll go ahead too and give you warnings!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 04:51 PM
Valco
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: No "thank you for putting an end to this!" or "WHAT your idiot!" either, please.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2008, 08:10 PM
Huh? I don't understand the reason behind the above posts deletion. It wasn't offensive.
Where are you getting 'WHAT your idiot!' from?

Anyways, the cutscene's done. I'll send it to Xobim sometime tomorrow, I'm getting tired.

Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
Valco
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: Needless revival. Stop posting stuff that makes no sense and doesnt contribute anything or you will get a warning.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Apr 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote:
This thread is in need of serious medical attentiion! SOMEONE POST BEFORE THIS THREAD FALLS INTO THE PIT OF DARKNESS!
Dude.

Shut up.

You are not funny.

You are annoying every single person in this thread with your childish acts.

Despite numerous requests (and commands) by admins you continue to persist your behavior and continue a pointless argument that you alone have started that has done nothing but piss people off, derail the discussion, and halt any development on the project at hand.

If I had any moderator power at all, your sorry (-)(-)(-) would have been permanently banned by now, for there is certainly grounds for it. Perhaps that's why I'm not an administrator around here. Stijn has far more patience than I have observed from most forum admins across the Internet, and yet you continue to abuse that patience.

Either stop right now or I am certain you WILL be banned.

JCF Member

Apr 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
How is my post offending or annoying someone? If you're annoyed by everything I say, that's your problem. I agree, I've made a real mess in this thread, but I revived it so that the community episode could continue to be made, not so you could blab on about how much you hate me for my past actions. Besides, it's been over a month since the arguements started, and I'm over it.

Administrator

Apr 6, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hey Valco, this might be new for you (actually who am I kidding, it's not), but posts you make are supposed to make sense and contribute to the topic. The post above I deleted does neither. This isn't the first time you did this and not the first time I told you to stop it either. So, from now on, start posting replies that actually contribute something, or face warnings and disrespect and whatnot.

JCF Member

May 5, 2008, 12:34 PM
Update :D

The level is done!
I've finished my level a few minutes ago, and now I'm looking for people to betatest it. There are still a few things I'm not certain about and the level just needs to be generally tested by other people.
If you want to betatest it, post your emailadress or PM it to me. Just don't redistribute it when you get the file.

As for the next one in line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b View Post
I kind of already given the next level thing to Odin, although your level can take the place of mine since I really have no idea when I'll be working again
Either Odin or n00b, depends if n00b is able to work on his level.

And Valco, can you send me your cutscene, please?

JCF Veteran

May 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
I've been extremely busy lately, and would much rather focus on my own up until now unannounced* SP pack right now instead

*Mostly because theres really nothing to show as of yet aside from one level, and I'd really rather start working the rigamarole that is the screenshot hype train much later on

Banned

May 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
I'm kinda sorta extremely disconnected from the community episode project, and now it turns out it's my turn. Couple of questions:

-What's the main plot of the story?
-What part of the plot will I cover in my level?
-Are there any restrictions to what my level has to be? (E.g. a lake, a reactor core, a pirate ship with a giant computer terminal in it)
-Who's after me?
-Who do I give the finished product to?

JCF Member

May 5, 2008, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I'm kinda sorta extremely disconnected from the community episode project, and now it turns out it's my turn. Couple of questions:

-What's the main plot of the story?
-What part of the plot will I cover in my level?
-Are there any restrictions to what my level has to be? (E.g. a lake, a reactor core, a pirate ship with a giant computer terminal in it)
-Who's after me?
-Who do I give the finished product to?
All of these questions will be answered when betatesting is complete and Xobim gives you his level. All you need to do is continue from where his level ends.

EDIT: Xobim - Once I send you the cutscene, please reply to me with an attachment of your level. I'd like to betatest it, and I have a lot of free time on my hands.

n00b

JCF Veteran

May 5, 2008, 06:37 PM
Because advancing the plot has everything to do with the quality of a level's gameplay (you know, something this ep has in spades). Ok, that makes sense. I'm going to go back to not letting my brother use the Wii until he plugs in the PS3. Since that makes sense too.

Banned

May 5, 2008, 07:19 PM
Quote:
All of these questions will be answered when betatesting is complete and Xobim gives you his level. All you need to do is continue from where his level ends.
Except I need the answers in order to have some semblance of where to start making this level.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

May 6, 2008, 03:03 AM
I can give you all the previous levels so you can play through and get an idea what's going on in the story, if that satisfyes you. Other than that, I guess you're free to direct the story wherever you want to.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

May 6, 2008, 05:01 AM
I can send Odin the summary of the episode that n00b has sent me when I started making my level. It should clear things up a lot easier than having Odin to play through all the levels...

And does anybody else want to betatest? I've only got two testers at the moment, and one of them is too busy! D=

JCF Member

TripleJ is doing well so far

May 6, 2008, 10:43 AM
I would like to test it Xobim

JCF Member

May 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
Did you recieve my email yet Xobim? It's been well over a month, and you haven't replied

JCF Member

May 30, 2008, 08:59 AM
Yes I did, but I've been quite busy, and the project has gone silent since my mail. Neither n00b, nor Sacrush, nor Odin have replied to this thread or to me by mail.

JCF Member

May 31, 2008, 02:19 AM
Yes, I still have your email. I played through the level a while ago. I will give you my thoughts very soon.

JCF Veteran

Jun 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
In the same boat as Sacrush.

JCF Member

Jun 2, 2008, 06:14 AM
Very well then. I'll just pass your PM to me to Odin, so that he can begin/continue his level.
TUDOR93

JCF Member

TUDOR93 is doing well so far

Jun 28, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hey, uhhh I'm trying to make a level for single player ( Its not for the comunity episode, I'm just execising ) and I can figure out how to introduce a text in the game, i press E, I select the text event from the menu but I dont know where to write the text, any ideas ?

Sincierly, Tudor...
Old Jun 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
Jimbob
This message has been deleted by Jimbob. Reason: wrong thread

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 29, 2008, 07:54 AM
Level Properties. Find the number your text event displays, and write the text in there.

Other ways you could have gotten this information:
  • Searched around the JCS interface, for instance by loading other levels.
  • The JCS documentation (F1).
  • The JCSref article on "Text."
  • The search function on this forum, which will find a topic in General Jazz Talk about this very topic.

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2008, 07:40 AM
So yeah, I was kinda inactive lately, but now im back. I will test your level once again xobim and give you some feedback about it, but my question to you is, is my version of the level still relevant? If so I will test it ASAP! If not, can you send me the newest version? Thank you.

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2008, 01:54 PM
The version you got is the most recent one. I need to do some heavy thinking on how to fix a problem n00b spotted...

JCF Member

Ðx is doing well so far

Jul 16, 2008, 10:15 AM
some pictures would be cool.

JCF Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dx View Post
some pictures would be cool.
Actually, there are plenty, look at the main post.