Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Best way to organize the levels?

Xerxes

JCF Member

Xerxes has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2018, 04:12 PM
Best way to organize the levels?

So I got a bit crazy on downloading from J2O, now I have lots of levels in my JJ2 folder. I thought that it would be a good idea to just sort them in separate folders but it turns out that some levels no longer work properly - especially if they have MLLE-Data. For example:

I have found this pretty awesome and simple level called "Jellybattle1B" (which contains Angel Script file and "Jellybattle1B-MLLE-Data-1.j2l"). First I just moved all 3 files into a separate folder, but it turns out that all .j2as files have to be located directly in JJ2 folder. So I then tried to move just the level by itself, but it turns out that the level can't be separated from it's MLLE-Data file LOL. Eventually I have moved both .j2l files (the level itself, and the MLLE-Data), leaving only Angel Script directly in JJ2 folder. This didn't work either as MLLE could no longer find the tileset for the level...

At the end of the day I'm kind of forced to keep all the levels in the main JJ2 folder. That's something I'd prefer to avoid. There is too many of them and I'd like to sort them according to categories (like "Single Player" vs. "Battle" vs. "CTF", etc.). Are there any good solutions to this?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 21, 2018, 05:39 PM
You could edit levellist.ini and categorize your levels that way, with the gamemode as a header.

For single player levels, you can hide levels via homecooked levels in JJ2+. I do this for MP-only levels. Though it is still a bit tedious, you no longer have to do it from JCS/MLLE.

These aren't the most ideal solutions, but they could work in the meantime.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Oct 21, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2018, 09:07 PM
The AdditionalFileFolders field in plus.ini should solve this issue for you.

(Though by keeping levels in different folders you sacrifice JJ2's ability to find them in the ingame Home Cooked Levels menu.)

JCF Member

Xerxes has disabled reputation

Oct 22, 2018, 12:07 AM
Thank you guys!

Wow, that additionalFileFolder is very interesting. Too bad MLLE doesn't pick stuff up from those additional folders! That way I could just dump all the tilesets into a "Tileset" folder.

I will definitely have to check out more about the "levellist.ini".