Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Kenny the semi pwner?

JCF Member

Skele! is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2010, 12:40 AM
Kenny the semi pwner?

...well I dueled him in semi quite some times I lost...some other good players dueled him there (BlueSpaz,R3p,Faw,...)all lost and I'm just wondering what you guys think,could you try a duel vs. him or if you already did just say if he is very good or not... Thank you.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2010, 01:00 AM
Well,I did duel him a lot of times,and he is really good. Even the first time I dueled him he was good enough (though I sucked). The problem is,now when the community says he rules,he goes around,asks people for duel and telling them they're scared if they do not want to play,and he randomly insults people in servers saying "he's better than everyone in the server and because of that he can say whatever he wants about them".

JCF Member

Ester is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2010, 01:17 AM
Kenny IS very good at semi.
I heard he can beat Faw there too, which is not a thing that most people can.
However, sometimes he acts like a noob, but still I think he is very good.

JCF Member

Speeza is an asset to this forumSpeeza is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron97 View Post
Well,I did duel him a lot of times,and he is really good. Even the first time I dueled him he was good enough (though I sucked). The problem is,now when the community says he rules,he goes around,asks people for duel and telling them they're scared if they do not want to play,and he randomly insults people in servers saying "he's better than everyone in the server and because of that he can say whatever he wants about them".
This case has happened to a lot of members, the best thing to do is just say "yeah I'm scared". and just agree with whatever he says. That way your rising above it. If you really don't want to agree with him , then just ignore him altogether and don't respond.

Your friendly JCF Hillybilly
DavidkazBest poster of 2010 ! [GpW]

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Sep 27, 2010, 09:23 AM
I believe I was his first duel opponent ever, and even then, he gave me quite a run for my money. Now that he's practiced, he's far better than I've ever been, although I'm sure there are quite a few players who fall into that category.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left
Riper

JCF Member

Riper is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2010, 10:21 AM
Well he is good there. I won him sometimes 5-4 and 5-1 but he is maybe better than me now . I agree that he is acting childish with the stuff " I AM BEST NO-ONE CAN BEAT ME!!" there is always a person who can win him no problem,and I agree with Speeza.

JCF Member

KiMO is notorious for his worthless posts

Sep 27, 2010, 11:12 AM
It's true he's got some skills, but that doesn't have to make him behave so bossy.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Sep 27, 2010, 11:34 AM
There have always been players throughout JJ2's history that have been considered unbeatable - or at least extremely tough. For example, 4-5 years ago Yasco was known as an absolute destroyer in semi, winning nearly 100% of duels there. However, all it takes is for one player to raise the bar in playing standards to knock these players from their thrones. If you really want to see Kenny get beaten, go practice!

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Sep 27, 2010, 11:49 PM
a) I'm 2-0 against him in semi.
b) Most of his success is based on lagging his opponents. One could write an article about all the different lag-based advantages he tends to have.

JCF Member

Skele! is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2010, 01:30 AM
I dueled him today,he lost 5-4 but it should of been 5-2,he just put his score higher because "he did -1 two times" .

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Sep 28, 2010, 03:07 AM
Well electroblaster master Lori Spek remains safely on his throne...

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Sep 28, 2010, 03:51 AM
I still did beat him .. 3-1 5-0 5-1 or something just a few weeks back. It'll take him a lot of patience for him to be able to beat players that use his weakness

I'd say you shouldn't get taken into his playing style cause otherwise you're probably toast yes. He mastered that pretty damn well.

Anyway, in those years you're talking about it first was Squirrel, then me, then yasco, then sucer, then SJ... each of us probably being unbeatable in Semi for about a year or so.
Kenny is probably the strongest player in Semi now although he's got big weaknesses which I could easily exploit. He'll have to learn a lot to become really unbeatable there still. Just play extremely defensive against him I'd say....

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Sep 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeza View Post
This case has happened to a lot of members, the best thing to do is just say "yeah I'm scared". and just agree with whatever he says. That way your rising above it. If you really don't want to agree with him , then just ignore him altogether and don't respond.
This absolutely doesn't work in this case with him ... Tried about 1337 times.

But I don't think he is the best in semi. At least I can beat him . We played once in ZD when server was empty (only we two), and he asked me to play, I didn't want, he kept asking and acting like child (look posts above). I told "you're better than me" but he kept acting and trying to find some way to get me in that game. I finally accepted. It was 1-0 for me. Someone joined (can't remember who, it was one month ago). I scored and it was 2-0 for me. Oh, that joiner was from Romania, as kenny is, and they chatted. He did /stop /redscore 1. I was red. I asked why, and he told that it was a 'chatkill' . I agreed because it was a normal game. Oh after that kill, he had 3h and we both recaptured the flags. But when I killed him, he was low. But w/e he is not as smart as we all think, so he can't see that he was low (or he does but don't want to tell ... ). I scored once again, but again he did -1 to me. That was so lame... You know what? I got angry and raised my points to 3 and told him 'don't lower my score with 'chatkill' reason. Do not chat' and we kept changing my score. After 10 minutes it was 2-0 for me (we made a deal). He scored, so 2-1. I scored. 3-1. He was soooo frustrated because he is losing, so he did /k 3 (it was me) about 15 times, and did /maxscore 6 ; /bluescore 5 ; /maxscore 5 ... That's how he wins almost every game there (and on some other levels.. I won't talk about them, this is not topic about that).

People, don't think that he is better than Faw. Yes, Kenny maybe won against Faw, but he is not that good as you think. He plays for stats. I have an expirience in CC with him, where we played only 2 games together in team. When I am low with the flag, he takes my carrots ^^ . He was hungry, you can't do nothing about that. He wants his stats big. Don't think 'Oh my dear God. I heard he is better than Faw. KENNY IS DA BEST" (I heard that by some guys ... it was lame )

now negrep me because I am telling the truth, and my english sux, yay! (huh, chillhax is soooo.... yay)

JCF Member

Nerd is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
so he can't see that he was low
This is called a 3HK. I think I already have explained how those occur, but I'm not sure if you understood...
spaceboy

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
A thread about SB the bblair pwner would've been better..

JCF Member

Sep 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
SpyBunny?

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Sep 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJazz View Post
There have always been players throughout JJ2's history that have been considered unbeatable - or at least extremely tough. For example, 4-5 years ago Yasco was known as an absolute destroyer in semi, winning nearly 100% of duels there. However, all it takes is for one player to raise the bar in playing standards to knock these players from their thrones. If you really want to see Kenny get beaten, go practice!
I totally agree with this. I haven't been too active in dueling or generally playing lately. This will come off rather harsh, but players who don't duel much or haven't achieved very much when it comes to playing shouldn't post, because their comments are often very annoying, inaccurate and based off silly logic.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Sep 28, 2010, 08:36 PM
I am actually the best player in the world at semi. this can be confirmed by several people, who prefer to remain anonymous out of shame of being owned so hard. also I wont name them because it would be shaming them and pros dont shame people. also dont accuse me of bad logic because I have studied formal logic and am somewhat of an expert at it. that makes me an expert in two things actually, semi and logic. this has been an evilmike post™.

JCF Member

Sep 29, 2010, 01:59 AM
Beating faw in semi wasn't much of an achievement the last time I checked.
And if sucer's ever been 'unbeatable' in semi, then I've probably been a semi-god on several occasions.
spaceboy

Banned

Sep 29, 2010, 04:15 AM
Mike just pwned the thread.

Also, I was the one who beat Yasco many times in Semi back when he was considered unbeatable there. Usually it just takes a few tries to learn a player's tactics and then you could defeat him easily in any level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
I totally agree with this. I haven't been too active in dueling or generally playing lately. This will come off rather harsh, but players who don't duel much or haven't achieved very much when it comes to playing shouldn't post, because their comments are often very annoying, inaccurate and based off silly logic.
In all my years of Jazz'ing, I've never met an "unbeatable" player. And I don't mean just one loss here or there cuz that's just a fluke and happens to everyone; I've never felt that a certain player was truly superior to ANYONE else in his skills. Of course that if you stick to a certain level, you'd get better in it but that's just a temporary thing and being good only in 1 level makes you look like a joke.

Not to mention that I was gonna defeat Kenny the last time we dueled in Semi (then he quit, cuz of bizzare praises such as yours) and in other levels he wasn't even half as good, honestly.

Being good in Semi is not impressive. It takes a much harder level like BBLAIR or Battle1 to convince me.

Like I said some posts ago, FS and SJ are the only players who have ever impressed me with their skills and being really challenging in various levels of different playing styles.

Aight, that was a long and tiring rant about how much more awesome I am than anyone else in duels.

Last edited by spaceboy; Sep 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Vegito

JCF Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven aka StL View Post
Beating faw in semi wasn't much of an achievement the last time I checked.
And if sucer's ever been 'unbeatable' in semi, then I've probably been a semi-god on several occasions.
And you fall in this category anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
This will come off rather harsh, but players who don't duel much or haven't achieved very much when it comes to playing shouldn't post, because their comments are often very annoying, inaccurate and based off silly logic.
Just so you know.

Beating Faw in Semi isn't that hard probably because he hates Semi and therefore generally doesn't try that much. He's simply never motivated to play duels in the first place

Banned

Sep 29, 2010, 11:56 AM
Emp often talks from his butt, but never fails to entertain me.

JCF Member

Sep 29, 2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
And you fall in this category anyway:
No, I certainly don't.
spaceboy

Banned

Sep 30, 2010, 06:55 AM
There are a lot of new strong players right now, not just one.. PJ, JJBynny, Warrior, Riper, Skele, Kenny, Mati, to name a few..

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Sep 30, 2010, 08:01 AM
Bump. What veg says is kind of true, although i don't really hate it. It's not how i trained massively on semi like others did. I'll put it simply here: I think I can say without hesitate that i know how the game should be played. Although i totally have no map knowledge in semi, while that has been taken to a extreme level compared to other maps. I am sure that there are guys that can pwn me with massive semi training and skill. While half of these guys don't understand the games logic at all. It's the combination of me lack of motivation and the others being extremely good at single trained maps. For example, BBswing is a typical training level aswell and many people mastered it. But i payed more attention to BBswing than for Semi during my "duel carreer" already, And i notice i have more chance against players there already .

Note: Kenny's behaviour around that time wasn't really helpfull during the duel. Maybe would have gone better if i simply couldn't care at all, but i guess we'll never know . I think his win was deserved there.

Maybe because of the ridicilous overhyped level and how many got good there I feel no interest as for wasting my time jumping into the "Stealth-practise" like many people. I'm happy enough what i achieved already in a level i can't care a lot about .
spaceboy

Banned

Sep 30, 2010, 09:26 AM
You're still quite new..

JCF Member

Sep 30, 2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
You're still quite new..
..Where is the clue?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Sep 30, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hmm...*goes a tad bit off topic*

Well, I've never really had the patience to duel all day on one map all the time. I kind of think it's more impressive if someone can be good at a handful of maps at once rather than just one overplayed map. Some things I've realised that no matter what, there will always be some kind of luck in JJ2, as well as packet loss. And those unpredictable bouncies. Also, playing styles may have some kind of weakness, sometimes training isn't always the case and you should try to "study" the opponent (I honestly don't know what other way to put it). And don't forget the strategies. I've tried to adapt against other playing styles lately. And no, I don't think I'm an amazing player. I think it's best to practice all kinds of maps.

Actually...what is the point of this post?

Last edited by Treylina; Oct 1, 2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: forget the spawn time thing...
spaceboy

Banned

Sep 30, 2010, 10:36 AM
^all very true.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Sep 30, 2010, 11:13 AM
^I agree.

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Sep 30, 2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Some things I've realised that no matter what, there will always be some kind of luck in JJ2, with spawn times, and packet loss.
I think there are actually some people crazy enough to constantly keep tabs on the spawn times of the powerups and carrots in a level during a duel. They tend to be kind of scary ;-;

JCF Member

Sep 30, 2010, 11:35 AM
I do that aswell.. But as intuition (or whatever it's spelled)

JCF Member

Sep 30, 2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I think there are actually some people crazy enough to constantly keep tabs on the spawn times of the powerups and carrots in a level during a duel. They tend to be kind of scary ;-;
It's the only thing I do well in duels.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Sep 30, 2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Yup, these people exist. One guy I play UT with has memorised the respawn times of all the powerups, and has worked out routes through the levels such that he'll get to the powerup just as it respawns.

Vegito

JCF Member

Sep 30, 2010, 12:53 PM
I do that too. It also makes me know when the C simply doesnt spawn anymore due to lag

JCF Member

Sep 30, 2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkell View Post
Yup, these people exist. One guy I play UT with has memorised the respawn times of all the powerups, and has worked out routes through the levels such that he'll get to the powerup just as it respawns.
a lot of lvls have the same spawn time for all PUs, so its easy to just run around and take them all the time

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Sep 30, 2010, 09:32 PM
It's actually not hard to time pus and c's in duels since all you need is a rough estimate. Heck, with practice you can just sense when they will spawn. In fact, I used to do it myself.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 1, 2010, 08:36 AM
My bad, I thought spawn times were random within the number (for example if it had a 30 second delay I thought it would mean it would spawn randomly within the amount of seconds, where I got that idea was because of the "lucky spawns"). Oh well, the more you know.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Oct 1, 2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkell View Post
What amazes me is that those people consider themselves as "pros" and "skilled".

An ant can work out and memorise a route and pass it in a given time, too, and I don't often see any ants with ego issues going around and bragging about their cyber athletic super prowess

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 1, 2010, 09:47 AM
I suppose it's part of being pro though. Just memorizing times isn't enough to MeSs WiTh ThE bEsT but it surely helps if you can grab that powerup before the other gets to it because you know when it spawns.