Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ v5.12 (last updated 20 August, 2023)

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Nov 6, 2013, 09:50 AM
Congratulations team on this release of plus, you have really gotten it right this time.

Now I'm just wondering about the diminished range of power bouncer, and why is the toaster power up color changed?

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Nov 6, 2013, 10:22 AM
I don't know about the bouncer, but the colour of the toaster powerup (the monitor) has been changed because it was the only powerup that used the colours of the not-powered up version instead of the powered up one. (Compare purple bouncers, red RFs, yellow/blue seekers, etc.)

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Nov 7, 2013, 07:52 AM
What happened with fast fire and Blaster PU colors? I noticed something different there, too, but can't figure out what :P

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Nov 7, 2013, 07:58 AM
Depends. Are you playing with Spaz, perhaps?

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Nov 7, 2013, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure powered bouncers got fixed in the hotfix. Or perhaps only vertical got fixed. Sigh.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 7, 2013, 11:38 AM
Powered-up bouncers are fired with exactly the same xSpeed/xAcc/ySpeed/yAcc/counterEnd values they ever were.

JCF Member

Nov 8, 2013, 01:44 AM
I think they're just trying to get us to change powered-up Bouncers so they would bounce through the level indefinitely.

Now that I think of it, that's a nice idea for a scripted level. Give every player 10 bouncer bullets that, once shot, keep on bouncing around until hurting someone or destroying something. When the player fires an 11th bullet, the oldest disappears. Could make levels very dangerous!

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 8, 2013, 01:53 AM
I was thinking recently that it wouldn't be very hard to introduce a third level of powerups via scripting.
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Nov 8, 2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
Depends. Are you playing with Spaz, perhaps?
Yes.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Nov 8, 2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
I was thinking recently that it wouldn't be very hard to introduce a third level of powerups via scripting.
a TNT power-up that works like JJ1 TNT

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Nov 8, 2013, 07:27 AM
How about an RF Powerup that makes it have infinite range like in JJ1? Because I never find JJ2 RF useful outside of a few multiplayer situations, but JJ1 RF is infinitely useful(Especially on the harder difficulties).

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Nov 8, 2013, 08:19 AM
I find powered RF useful against the Devan boss (2nd stage).

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Nov 8, 2013, 09:30 AM
Usually, if I want to destroy Devan, I abuse Seekers, Bouncers, or the powered up Blaster, depending on what's available.
However, my Jazz playstyle is unique in many ways, so maybe I'm alone in my lack of interest in the way RFs work. But my primary reason for not liking it is that the range is way too tiny.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 8, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Random User View Post
Yes.
Spaz's gun is green, as you can see in the bottom right corner when using blaster. In October JJ2+, the fastfire and blaster powerup sprites now reflect this. (Fastfire made this distinction in vanilla JJ2 as well, but only for fastfire gained from shooting enemies, not for events simply placed in the level.)

Robo: RFs have a much, much larger range if you move horizontally while firing them.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 8, 2013, 01:17 PM
Terrible idea: palshift the fastfire sprites in accordance to the player's gun color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
a TNT power-up that works like JJ1 TNT
I've done this but it's too beautiful for this world. Will need to do some hardcore nerfing.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Nov 8, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
I take it the "wouldn't be very hard" only applies if it's a single player level.

JCF Veteran

Nov 8, 2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
I take it the "wouldn't be very hard" only applies if it's a single player level.
I was thinking that if some shield bullets were to be replaced with custom behaviors, they would work with jjPLAYER::fireBullet.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Nov 8, 2013, 03:46 PM
Well hey now, that only works for up to 4 weapons :P

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 8, 2013, 04:13 PM
You'd need to use jjPLAYER::hurt, though, since bullets can't do more than two damage without DA turned on.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:49 PM
juanpablo123
This message has been deleted by Stijn. Reason: make better posts

JCF Member

Nov 9, 2013, 12:59 PM
For me, the color change to toasty power-up crate is game-breaking... Light blue and red looked better! Plus is meant to fix bugs, but instead plus takes away what made Jazz2 a good game to start with. Sike nää, I'm just trolling a bit, sorry.

Anyway, Borgia posted the following on JJNet, I think people in this thread would like to read Borgia's comment:

Quote:
noticed there is also a 'Turbo'-difficulty for Single Player, and I like that new challenge emo. There are some bugs, though. For instance, the game does not play the boss themes anymore. Everytime I encounter a boss (for instance the queen or the Schwartzenguard), the game continues playing the level theme.

There's also an error in the level Suburbia Commando, which didn't occur before. At some point in that level (somewhere at the beginning), you must break through a wall and then go down, through eight star-blocks. There are some green gems straight ahead in that building, and an invisible wall. If you shoot that wall and enter, you are supposed to go up to access a secret place you otherwise can't reach (without cheating). There are some red springs, red gems and a gold coin (you reach the coin and some of the gems from below if you're Spaz). What happens instead, though, is that you go sideways, through everything and eventually you disappear from the screen. You can't stop it, so you have to reload a previous save. I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen.

Last edited by KRSplatinum; Nov 10, 2013 at 03:55 AM.

JCF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013, 01:14 PM
#2 happens because the Sucker Tube in question has had "Trig Sample" set to 2 (for no reason at all), which is equal to setting "Become Noclip" to 1 in JJ2+. Not much can be done about it other than editing the level, sorry.

I can't reproduce #1.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 9, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Terrible idea: palshift the fastfire sprites in accordance to the player's gun color.
...JJ2 absolutely has a sprite-drawing mode tailor-made for this very purpose and I never thought of it.

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Nov 10, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hi guys!

I have problem with the Mouse Aiming. The Mouse Aiming is don't work in Single Player mode, because I'm vainly switch on the Mouse Aiming option and switch to Kbd/Mouse control scheme the game is doesn't care about it. Thanks if you can fix it.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 10, 2013, 11:46 AM
That's working as intended. If you consult the readme, you'll notice there are in fact two separate settings, /mouseaim and /allowmouseaim. You can turn on the first one at any time in any gamemode, but the second one must be turned on by the server or (in a local game) the level. Otherwise you'd be able to use the mouse in any level you pleased, completely messing up the gameplay.

JCF Veteran

Nov 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
You can use mouse aim in SP freely if you host the level in a local coop server. (It has some unwanted side effects but you're already changing the gameplay, so whatever.)

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Nov 11, 2013, 04:35 AM
Okay. Thanks the help guys.

JCF Member

Nov 12, 2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry again for trolling, I just have to report some bugs.

Playing CTF online with mouse aim:
-I switched mouse aim off and I couldn't chat anymore. Turned mouse aim on again and could chat again
-At one point during some 3v3 randomly, I suddenly couldn't use any keyboard controls at all (mouse controls still worked) and had to close JJ2 and rejoin

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
Keys randomly stopping to work... have you checked the batteries of your keyboard? (if applicable)

Sorry, lame question! Couldn't resist But you never know...

Anyway, if that's not it, then hmm, interesting =)

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2013, 08:34 PM
No trouble there, I didn't use battery power. ��

JCF Member

szmol96 is doing well so far

Nov 14, 2013, 10:06 AM
Hi guys. I bumped into a problem when I was writing a custom gun script. When noFire is True, AS won't let me test for keyFire. Can you please solve this one for me? Thanks in advance...

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 14, 2013, 11:28 AM
That's how it works, yes. If you don't want keyFire to be disabled, don't set noFire to true.

JCF Member

Nov 14, 2013, 11:40 AM
But I don't want the player to fire the original weapon's bullet, neither do I want the sound.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 14, 2013, 11:52 AM
Then set keyFire to false.

JCF Member

Nov 25, 2013, 10:52 AM
Wh-wh-what....??? Whatever. I have a request: can you please add something like "alreadyJumped" to AS?

JCF Member

Nov 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szmol96 View Post
Wh-wh-what....??? Whatever. I have a request: can you please add something like "alreadyJumped" to AS?
Can't you just check if their ySpeed is near 0 and they have a masked pixel underneath them?

This reminds me, I've been thinking it would be good to refill Spaz' double jump when he touches the ground, instead of when he jumps. It's rather annoying when I want to walk off a cliff but have to jump straight up first.

Last edited by minmay; Nov 26, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 02:07 PM
juanpablo123
This message has been deleted by juanpablo123. Reason: zepect was helping me on skype

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Can't you just check if their ySpeed is near 0 and they have a masked pixel underneath them?
I didn't mean "jumped and landed", just jumped. For example, Spaz doesn't need to reach the ground to perform his double-jump.

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szmol96 View Post
I didn't mean "jumped and landed", just jumped. For example, Spaz doesn't need to reach the ground to perform his double-jump.
I know. The method I described is for detecting whether or not they just jumped. If they're on the ground, they didn't just jump. Once they leave the ground, you can check ySpeed to see if they actually jumped or just walked off a cliff, etc. Obviously there are further details (players aren't 1 pixel thick etc; you wouldn't actually want to use jjMaskedPixel, because of platforms and such) but surely you can figure those out.

I'm also confused as to what you intend to do with this information in the first place...

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2013, 11:34 AM
Perhaps a script which fixes Spaz's double-jump? Or gives Jazz/Lori a double-jump?

JCF Member

zepect is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanpablo123 View Post
guys a question... i've waited too much already...
when i will have an angelscript-fixed version of this release?
please... i'm getting impatient...
You'll get a plus that works with AngelScript when your issue with AngelScript is fixed. You are only the one who has this issue. So, to fix it, we can only rely on testing specific things with you to find out what is the problem. Doing this via this forum will be weird, you can add me on Skype and we can try to solve that problem.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
juanpablo123
This message has been deleted by juanpablo123. Reason: alright he now has accepted me

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2013, 10:36 AM
I have a question. How can I do in AngelScript to know what player number is using. Like:
jjChat("/ptrigger " + *PLAYER NUMBER* + " 1 on");