Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Moonblaze's art thread because this forums lacks it

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Nov 5, 2010, 10:36 AM
Lightbulb Moonblaze's art thread because this forums lacks it

I still remember the first few times I posted artwork in this forum. I drew eyes like it was an egg with a sunburn. I even made a tutorial on how to color outlines in photoshop when all you had to do was lock the line art's transparency with one click. And in a few years I'll look back at this thread as I'm looking back on my previous and think, "God I sucked." The magical wonders of growing up and learning.

I'd really like to show you guys the progress I've made over the past few years though. And I'd like to give my props to Radium once more for his in-depth critique that helped me on the path I am on today. Why am I still talking? Let's get on with the viewing of art.

Dark Chaos by ~Bogrim on deviantART

This is my old bunny character which you still can spot in some of my tilesets, like that blue loony in Mystic Isles. I've always had a thing for death and destruction, fire and demons, maybe that's why all my main characters in WoW always have been Fire Mages and Warlocks. I should see a psychologist in the nearest future.

Whirlpool by ~Bogrim on deviantART

This is a piece I'm also really proud of. I love painting water even if it doesn't even look that much like water and oh god I need more practice. But it's a start!

Lightning by ~Bogrim on deviantART

I actually got a request for my permission to use my illustration for some Hungarian trading card game. I gave the permission but never saw the completed card. But my Thunderbolt card does 20 damage to your active Bulbasaur!

Besides illustrations (and the very rare progress I make on the tilesets I keep announcing I'll be doing) I also do a lot of illustrations for spells and abilities in various games in the form of icons. Here's a batch I did for Warcraft 3 for example:

So I hoped you liked my improvements and I'll be shutting up now. Thanks for viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Nov 5, 2010, 10:45 AM
Awesome

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Nov 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
My favourite is whirlpool - the water looks good and fluid, and I like the standing stones as well.

The lightning one reminds me of a piece from Disney's Fantasia (the original version), wherein Thor is throwing lightning bolts around for some reason.

Dark Chaos is good, and I like the glowing eyes (any destructive firey demon worth its salt has to have glowy eyes), but something doesn't quite seem right about the lightning. The hand of fire looks like it should be very bright, but it doesn't seem to affect the shadows - it still looks like the main illumination is from the front.

Hmm, that reminds me. I got asked for permission to use one of my photos in a book about a library restoration project. Now's about when the book was supposed to be printed, so I'll have to follow up on it and see if they used it in the end.

JCF Member

Speeza is an asset to this forumSpeeza is an asset to this forum

Nov 5, 2010, 11:25 AM
Fucking hell. This artwork is simply absorbing alive beautiful appealing charming Impressive
heartwarming memorable passionate mouthwatering seductive and sharp. Honestly I love the demon rabbit, his burning eyes staring into my soul. The WC3 icons are impressive as well. You definitely caught the style well. Good job moon-blaze however you already know that your artwork is impressive.

Your friendly JCF Hillybilly
DavidkazBest poster of 2010 ! [GpW]

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 5, 2010, 03:00 PM
tf grouppic!!!

Still awesome Moonblaze, it's great to see how much you've progressed. Keep it coming

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Nov 5, 2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkell View Post
Dark Chaos is good, and I like the glowing eyes (any destructive firey demon worth its salt has to have glowy eyes), but something doesn't quite seem right about the lightning. The hand of fire looks like it should be very bright, but it doesn't seem to affect the shadows - it still looks like the main illumination is from the front.
There's a frontal lightning, but it's not from the hand. If I had chosen to make the hand the source of the light, then all attention would be drawn to the hand and it would distort the picture's focus. Instead, the hand applies a slight red color to the figure.

But you're spot on it seems unnatural. It could have been done a lot better. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!