Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Your interest in JCS

View Poll Results: Describe your general interest in JCS.
I have ongoing projects which I am actively working on. 5 21.74%
I have level(s) in progress, but haven’t done much work towards them lately. 12 52.17%
I might make something in future, depends if I find the time/inspiration/motivation to do so. 3 13.04%
Unlikely that I’ll make anything anytime soon, but I still follow the activities of others. 2 8.70%
Not particularly interested in JCS in general, but I do occasionally check out new levels. 0 0%
I have no interest in level creation whatsoever. 0 0%
Other (please specify) 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Jul 19, 2015, 03:16 AM
Question Your interest in JCS

As you're all aware, it's been a rather quiet few months for JJ2 and the community as a whole. In particular, it seems the overall interest in JCS is dwindling, despite all the new possibilities offered by plus version 5.0. Perhaps this is due to an ageing community, or maybe people have just moved on to other pursuits.

Regardless, I'm posting this thread as I'm curious to see how many of you are still interested to contribute to the level creation scene. I've included a spectrum of poll answers - vote for the response that suits your stance on JCS the most. If you voted for the "Other" option, you should elaborate your opinions.

NB: In the context, lets assume that the term "JCSing" can also refer to Tileset creation/scripting, as both have direct involvement in level design.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jul 19, 2015, 02:46 PM
At the moment I have more interest in tilesets/spriting than I do in actual levelmaking. But hey, wouldn't it be awesome if we had more quality tilesets?

My interest went down for a while. But I just call it a phase. I come back and forth. Though my interest in online play has been low as ever. It's just tests or "battle Jetbanana in a virtually empty server" these days.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ
Metsys

JCF Member

Metsys is doing well so far

Jul 19, 2015, 09:13 PM
I'm trying to bridle my interest in game development at the moment. I did a soundtrack for a video game recently but that didn't pan out financially. It's one less thing on my bucket list, but it still smothered my interest in game development.

But yet I am doing texture work for a Minecraft resource pack. It scratches the itch, doesn't take a lot of time and I can do it in 30 minute bursts.

But really I'm just trying to work on finishing a graphic novel, and IT HAS TO GET DONE. I'd love to see other people expand the Jazz universe. Well, really I'd rather see people do their own thing but make a spiritual successor to Jazz. If I was going to do anything Jazz related that's what I'd like to do, and it has certainly crossed my mind. But again, trying to focus on my graphic novel because IT HAS TO GET DONE.

Full disclosure: I've never done any work in JCS.
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Jul 20, 2015, 08:59 AM
I open my JCS whenever I want to relax.

JCF Member

Jul 20, 2015, 09:54 AM
I honestly don't care for the idea of a spiritual successor. There are other 2D rabbit shooters out there.

A fancomic, however...yes. It's just an ambitious project to take on. I have two ideas for one. I want my anatomy (especially hands) to not actually suck.

Last edited by Treylina; Jul 20, 2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: OOPS, pressed enter too early...and again lol.

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jul 20, 2015, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It's just tests....these days.
Then you are probably extremely happy to hear that I'm working on a brand-new test .

It's true, though. I voted for "Levels in progress, but not doing much work on them lately", but today I finally picked up where I left off with Part II of my "Egyptian Test". Part I is on J2o already, and in the description I wrote that I would start with Part II somewhere "next week". Well, it's July 20th now and it's still in progress . I just found other things to do, and I also didn't have much inspiration for a while.

But I have plans for more tests, although I can't say when those plans will be put into action .

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jul 20, 2015, 12:31 PM
I often end up messing with JCF only to find out doing nothing at all. I don't make levels, I don't make tilesets. Even then I keep messing with these stuffs. I still don't know why I keep doing this but it seems fun to me.

JCF Member

Jul 20, 2015, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
I often end up messing with JCF only to find out doing nothing at all. I don't make levels, I don't make tilesets. Even then I keep messing with these stuffs. I still don't know why I keep doing this but it seems fun to me.
It's the illusion of productivity.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jul 20, 2015, 02:03 PM
My interest for JCS has risen from about 2013 on. Before that I was much like SAMI, having fun messing around but never really putting any effort into finishing and releasing something. I always had ambitious ideas to create cool levels and even whole episodes for JJ2 but never ever found the time and motivation to even begin, until it started to feel like a sin I had to make up for. xD

I have some ongoing projects in JCS at this point, but I can't say that I'm actively working on them. Just about once a week I do some work on it, sometimes more, sometimes less. It depends on my mood at that moment

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jul 22, 2015, 10:55 AM
I still come back to working on my levelpack from time to time, but I always end up relying on people because my ideas surpass my abilities and without them I find the end result insufficient. And then, while initially teamwork goes well, over time interest dies out and people go back to their own business, which I then respect and don't want to interfere, putting my project on hold once again.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:09 PM
snzspeed
This message has been deleted by snzspeed. Reason: fuck metsys and DoUbLeGjj thrEEE GAamES JOINEDDD AHAHWWOOOHHHMÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Tags
jcs