Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Suggestion: Replace the emoticons with JJ-themed ones

JCF Member

Darkhog is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 1, 2017, 12:25 PM
Suggestion: Replace the emoticons with JJ-themed ones

Someone already made these and they're niely sitting on the J2o: https://www.jazz2online.com/download.../jj-emoticons/ I wish they could be used instead of the default emotes site has now
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲
╲___) (___╱  TUX LOVES YOU.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 1, 2017, 04:26 PM
We do have , , and , the most important characters.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Dec 2, 2017, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
But we're missing the most important character -- the red rabbit from Jazz 3 who tells you to go into the tutorial cave. An undisputed fan-favourite, and it's absolutely criminal that we'd be missing this vital character.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 2, 2017, 01:38 AM

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Dec 2, 2017, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Yes, but I was talking about replacing the standard icons with these, like and so on.

//edit: Come to think of it, the entire JCF theme should be more rabbitified. The default "post there/post not there" vBulletin icons should go IMO and e.g. be replaced with gems (translucent when nothing's there and normal when it is unread post in the forum) and similar changes like that. Nothing too major, just changing few pictures.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 2, 2017, 08:49 AM
If you feel like making alternative buttons, give it a try and if the result looks good I can replace the forum's current button graphics with them. Please make sure they have the same dimensions as the current images.

JCF Member

Dec 2, 2017, 03:38 PM
Let's take care of emotes first, after all there are graphics for these already, linked in the OP. Will see what I can do for buttons and stuff. Any reason why they have to be the same dimensions? I don't think it would break layout if they'd be a tad bigger and that would make them more readable as well.
   ││_╱ │
  ╱╱   │╲
 (|▔╲  │ )
╱'╲_▔ _╱`╲

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 2, 2017, 04:08 PM
I'm not gonna add the emoticons because these emoticons are bigger than the current ones and I don't think they're good replacements. Besides, the current set has been here for like ten years so people have gotten used to it and I don't want to throw that away just because its emoticons are not 'Jazzy' enough.

I'd like new button graphics to be the same dimensions so I can just replace the current images without having to worry about positioning. I think the current buttons are okay, no one wants to have jj2 graphics plastered all over their screen when visiting the site. But if you make something that looks better (this is important!) and can replace the current graphics without further work then I may use them.