Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Just a Little Something

*Fireball*

Jan 26, 2003, 05:35 PM
Just a Little Something

just recently got myself a Side7 account, so have loaded the one picture i have scanned onto this machine of mine,,

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=243407

am ready to be flamed!! *endurance pose; eyes shut*

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 26, 2003, 05:59 PM
Oh boy, flaming! I live for this. I'll make it as nice as possible.

Well, first of all, the face (and the whole thing in general) seems kind of flat and 2D. The right knee is too far forward, and the left leg is too tube shaped. The arms look alright, though. I'd recomend using some form of planing sketch (like breaking it down into basic shapes) to get your dimentions and proportions right. I have a sketch I did of a rabbit somewhere... I'll post it when I find it (everything on my hard drive is kind of stored in one folder).

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
GuMmYBeAr!

JCF Member

GuMmYBeAr! is doing well so far

Jan 27, 2003, 08:47 AM
Plain, simple, I love it. :D

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 27, 2003, 08:53 AM
YAY!!!!!!
YOU CAN DO IT,RADIUM,YOU REALLY CAN!

Well,I like it!^^
Of course it's 3D and maybe the proportions aren't exactly master-pieces,but it shows potential!^^

And it's pretty cute!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 27, 2003, 09:34 AM
Must... flame....

YOU SUCK! YOU ALL SUCK! BWAHAHAHHAHA!

*pant* *pant* Okay, I feel better now.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
*Fireball*

Jan 27, 2003, 04:45 PM
oh i knew id get some sort of criticism for that one,, just note that it was done last summer (when i was first experimenting with furry-style), and i have improved,, will scan some more when i have the chance to,, JUST TO MAKE RADIUM FEEL BETTER,,

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 27, 2003, 04:49 PM
Don't be hurt if I flame it, it's just my nature.

*Fireball*

Jan 27, 2003, 04:56 PM
didnt say i was "hurt", just telling yous' that this pic is a little out of date for my current skillz,, :P

and, seeing as im a "noob" to this side of the forums, i decided to stick something up here for now,,

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 27, 2003, 05:02 PM
I understand, but remember that you only get one shot at first impressions =P.

4I Falcon

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Jan 27, 2003, 05:09 PM
i've never drawn a half-good picture in my whole life, fireball. that one's a masterpiece compared to mine.

well, actually i had one with kirby standing on jazz's head, but i lost it... dad-burnit...

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Unciaa

JCF Member

Unciaa is doing well so far

Jan 27, 2003, 05:25 PM
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
I understand, but remember that you only get one shot at first impressions =P.
So you need to know how to draw to impress those who would comment on your skill and help you improve your drawing?
*Fireball*

Jan 27, 2003, 05:27 PM
practise is all i need to improve myself,, dont really take orders (advice) well into it,, heh

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Fireball*
practise is all i need to improve myself,, dont really take orders (advice) well into it,, heh
I'd advise taking advice (I know that sounds odd). There's no sense figuring something out for yourself when someone else already knows it and is willing to share.

And you need to "practise" your spelling =P.

Nemesis

JCF Member

Nemesis is doing well so far

Jan 28, 2003, 03:03 AM
"And you need to "practise" your spelling =P."

No, actually, Practise and Practice are both correct spelling.

The good thing about the picture is that its simple. But like Radium said, construction is worth a shot, just to get proportions and all the like correct first. But of course, we haven't seen your latest art. Hurry!

"My suicide was in self-defense - I was trying to kill me!" -Bluezy Bunny

Let me taste
Let me feel
I need to know what you keep inside
No need to speak
Just let it be
Carry out this wish for me let nothing interfere

Rise to submission
I'm still beneath in the soil

Discard your clothes
Let loose you hair
We're intertwined forever and have always been
Say the word
And I'll depart
Upon your lips dwells nothing but the meaning of my cause

And so comes the dark
Vibrant as ever before
Flowers already withered
In this endless winter of souls

Opeth - By the Pain I see in Others

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 28, 2003, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
[i]But like Radium said, co (rest of message isn't important)
YEs! MOre people agReE WITH ME! I'm Gunna Start a cult!

*Fireball*

Jan 28, 2003, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
I'd advise taking advice (I know that sounds odd). There's no sense figuring something out for yourself when someone else already knows it and is willing to share.
but thats the way i work! ,, i LIKE figuring things out for myself, that way i know it works for sure,,

and will post some of my newer stuff soon,, after exams!!
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Jan 28, 2003, 08:21 PM
Don't take advice ;p...

That sounds oxymoronic, but okay.

=\, I find it tough to draw out sketches of shapes resembling the final product.