Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Jun 11, 2010, 08:53 PM
IDK, I find JJ2 fun online. Single player is just boring, it's good to have somebody to chat with you and help you cooperatively get through the level. The health issue does need to be fixed. However, I still don't see a point in adding more support for single player itself. All that's going to do is divert attention from the online community... Make good coop levels.

I agree with a lot of what Troglobite is saying when it comes to arguing how features could be useful. However, I would rather control a server, than be able to control single player. That just gets silly. And what's next? Level makers going to put in their readme's:
press t/smhealth 3 before beginning this level!

I see uses for testing levels... but that's about it. Not for actually playing them. There are multiple difficulty levels and such for a reason. Stick with that... Don't change every aspect of the game. Just fix the bug's in online mode, expand upon what the developers didn't, don't fix what they perfected...

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Jun 12, 2010, 09:28 AM
Not always, Hunter. I tend to play legit online games when there's a server worth playing on. But battle and ctf do tend to get old, that's why I like the custom modes JJ2+ offers. And the only custom game modes I really see are tests or hotels hosted by Polish. In that case, I do feel the need to cause trouble due to epic boredom. But yes, you can find me online during certain times. Like around 10pm GMT -5 I wish there would be MORE people playing. That's around evening when I like to unwind for the day and NOBODY is playing JJ2 around that time, except maybe Une. It really sucks.

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Jun 12, 2010, 02:53 PM
Today I encountered something very abnormal that hasn't happened to me before, and I'm not sure at all if it was the fault of the game or my system, but...

I was chatting in Snooze's private TSF-server with himself and PJ, when suddenly without even really noticing it all at first, my chat started to drop out U-letters as you can see(ignore the language.) In addition to this I was also unable to use some certain letter-combinations such as 'V+E' that made my chat cursor disappear and I was unable to type more. I didn't check my own chatlog, but of course Snooze saw my chat normally with U-letters, as the glitch was with me only. In addition to this, some strange mess appeared to the bottom- and right-side of the game screen. I picked a couple of screens and decided to close and restart to notice the problem was gone as expected with that.

But anyway, have some of you ever got any similar experiences?
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Jun 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
I was hosting in 1.23, SJ joined with TSF, btw

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jun 12, 2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivando View Post
Sounds and looks like you ran out of memory to me. Though that shouldn't be happening with 1.23+, let alone 1.24+ - what kind of enormous level was that anyway?

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jun 13, 2010, 12:02 AM
Random thought: I'd like to see in-game translation of text (don't know how feasible this is).

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jun 13, 2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Sounds and looks like you ran out of memory to me. Though that shouldn't be happening with 1.23+, let alone 1.24+ - what kind of enormous level was that anyway?
If it's not any edit, it's a level of Ever Story, ever2, 256x64.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Jun 13, 2010, 05:01 AM
Random thought: Add bots to the next version of jj2+

DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Jun 13, 2010, 05:02 AM
Overclocked or overheated?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jun 13, 2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivando View Post
Oh yeah, right now I remember, I had something similar when my monitor was full of water because it was placed too close to a hole in the roof. Cool colorful random lines. But when it comes to no "u" in chatbox then no, not really.

DanZeal

JCF Member

Jun 14, 2010, 12:13 AM
Is JJ2+ supporting IEEE 802.1p QoS?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Jun 14, 2010, 06:39 AM
In recent weeks when I've been in snz's server, similar stuff has occured twice.
Some letters not showing in the chat and random texture errors on the screen.
snzspeed

JCF Member

Jun 14, 2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven aka StL View Post
In recent weeks when I've been in snz's server, similar stuff has occured twice.
Some letters not showing in the chat and random texture errors on the screen.
yeah, this is absolutely my servers fault. If this kind of glitch was present for you, why didnt you do the same what SJ did? or better, why didnt you notify me about it? I find that very strange..

JCF Member

KiMO is notorious for his worthless posts

Jun 15, 2010, 02:37 AM
Question

Has anyone seen or had these stats before (look at Xere's ones)?

We were playing in my server (admin idle), Xere had the biggest stats of all (130+), when he somehow dropped his points down to -70 or more. As long as he was killing more, the numbers were approaching to 0.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Jun 15, 2010, 05:21 AM
Happens when the score is high,but I do not know how and why.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jun 15, 2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMO View Post
Has anyone seen or had these stats before (look at Xere's ones)?

We were playing in my server (admin idle), Xere had the biggest stats of all (130+), when he somehow dropped his points down to -70 or more. As long as he was killing more, the numbers were approaching to 0.
A few pages back you will find a similar screenshot of mine where I brag about how I'm too much of a killer machine for jj2+ It happens because blur used one-byte values (un)signed(I never rememer which is which xD). 255 is the maximum you can have in the stats, anyway

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Jun 15, 2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Random thought: Add bots to the next version of jj2+
I agree. DJazzy is making it atm (or he made it, dunno), and tested in server. It works perfectly, and you can set target to enemy/flag/etc. But only 1 thing is there in that bot what I don't like. If you set target to enemy, bot will just follow enemy, and enemy can't hide from a bot.

About KiMO, yeah, it happened to me once. I was playing 1v2 against Faw and GaL in ZD on Mulch. I had the most kills (and scores ), and then it started, I had 255 kills, and started -253, -251, -249, -247, all until -1, then started 2, 4, 6, 8 ... etc. and we finished the game . I think Faw or GaL remembers it.

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Jun 15, 2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snzspeed View Post
yeah, this is absolutely my servers fault. If this kind of glitch was present for you, why didnt you do the same what SJ did? or better, why didnt you notify me about it? I find that very strange..
I'm not blaming your server... just pointed that out.
It's happened sometime in the past too, but more recently only in your server.
And I did mention it at that time... maybe not too clearly or sth.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jun 15, 2010, 11:58 AM
It also happens even without plus. I remember pwning everyone one day (several months ago) and suddenly my scores went all -32039021931892 or something like that...really wierd.
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Jun 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
Its fun doing that with coins haha.

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Jun 16, 2010, 03:13 AM
No. Ask Faw and Gal!

JCF Member

HotRodGR is notorious for his worthless posts

Jun 17, 2010, 02:51 AM
Idea: King of the Hill gamemode. I don't see how that isn't possible. It would be much like DOM but you have to STAY in the "spot" to keep the score running. The more players in the "spot", the faster the score increases. If two opponents are in the same "spot", no scores would be given to either. You get the idea. Also the "spot" could change possitions every 60 seconds, or even better, give the admins ability to change the delay, or disable it completely with simple commands. DOM levels could be used for this gamemode with a few adjustments, much like you convert a CTF to JB.

What do you think...?

JCF Member

HotRodGR is notorious for his worthless posts

Jun 17, 2010, 07:46 AM
Then why not add it to plus...? Gry's patch doesn't work with plus... Better make one universal patch than have 5 different copies of the game on your disk, opening each accordingly to what you want to play.

JCF Member

Jun 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
Ah, that also brings up another thing I wanted to suggest. It would be really nice if there was an option to turn auto weapon change off for plus itself, as the current patch only works for 1.23. (look here, ZD is TSF only now, and I don't use 1.23 anymore and the big res release has had an impact making even less servers 1.23 friendly)

And I was really lazy to do this, but anyway heres the clothing colours that change along with airboard.

I really like the blue clothing, though some clothing colours seem a little off. Like pink clothing is a bit too dark it almost looks default purple like. Red clothing is a little too dark too, almost looks brown. Orange is a bit too...lets say "neon". Other than that, they're fine.

I also found a bug reguarding the allred/allblue feature I think. I once forgot to turn allred off, with one of the members appearing red on my own server, who was actually blue to others on my server was getting killed by his own teammates. Friendlyfire was off too.

JCF Member

Jun 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Of course it's possible, it's been done already, actually.
I actually was still using that program for the longest time (when I was able to host). And I would continue to use it. Only for one function: /allspaz on

The only game mode I use to host was Ground Force. I got out of level-building and such when I realized though that I can't host anymore

DanZeal

JCF Member

Jun 17, 2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
as the current patch only works for 1.23.
Use The weapon project instead.

ZStats

JCF Member

Jun 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
I actually was still using that program for the longest time (when I was able to host). And I would continue to use it. Only for one function: /allspaz on

The only game mode I use to host was Ground Force. I got out of level-building and such when I realized though that I can't host anymore
Haha does that mean we can have alllori and alljazz on too sometime? xD Not that it's really necessary though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZeal View Post
Use The weapon project instead.
Even so, it would be a bit more convenient if auto weapon change options was with plus as well.

Last edited by Treylina; Jun 17, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jun 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It would be really nice if there was an option to turn auto weapon change off for plus itself, as the current patch only works for 1.23.
Agreed (make Plus Settings actually do something useful?). Of course, it's very easy to join a 1.24 "only" server with 1.23+...

JCF Member

Jun 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
Also, the auto run feature under plus settings. And add some more like weapon switch and such under that submenu box

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Jun 30, 2010, 04:17 PM
New update. Barely tested as usual. Hey, that's why it's still beta.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:31 PM
Merlyn
This message has been deleted by Merlyn.
Merlyn

JCF Member

Merlyn is doing well so far

Jun 30, 2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks BlurredD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readme
- Increased the maximum distance a player can be hit by TNT in online games when Extended TNT Range is enabled.
Awesome.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 30, 2010, 06:18 PM
There are some great, useful, SP-related features in there! Thanks! Would it be possible to include another couple bytes in the Level End events to specify which start position to begin at (using, say, the "pos" parameter, basically akin to Warp/Warp Target), or can you not pass numbers like that between levels?

JCF Member

Jul 1, 2010, 12:03 AM

JCF Member

Jul 1, 2010, 12:10 AM
Found a bug. Sometimes when a player has 1/2 and he takes the carrot, he still has that health and can't see the c anymore. The spectator can see that he passed through the carrot without taking it.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jul 1, 2010, 12:22 AM
How about instantly working warp? It would warp the player without animations or sound.

JCF Member

Jul 1, 2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
There are some great, useful, SP-related features in there! Thanks! Would it be possible to include another couple bytes in the Level End events to specify which start position to begin at (using, say, the "pos" parameter, basically akin to Warp/Warp Target), or can you not pass numbers like that between levels?
It's not needed. Use Morph Frog, Level End and Warp instead, it works.

I have a problem with my pack (you should see it soon, it's finished, I'm waiting if Stijn will upload it). The main idea is that all the players are frogs. The crashes (Access Violation, Stack Overflow) happen, but only when server is 1.23 and clients are TSF. I'm not fully sure about when exactly does it happen, I think it has something to do with Revert Morph event.

Also, music stops playing for a while when frog dies in MP (at least when it falls into a pit) and making the Morph Frog event work would be nice.

Edit: (-)(-)(-)(-), looks like I'm late again and the first thing is already fixed (I think).

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Jul 1, 2010 at 04:20 AM.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Jul 1, 2010, 03:57 AM
" - The level now cycles when a boss is finished. Note that the server and
clients may not see the boss finished off at the same time.

shouldn't be that the first guy that defeats a boss, makes the level cycle instead of everyone who gets done in the arena.
snzspeed

JCF Member

Jul 1, 2010, 07:36 AM
could you fix the slide event?

awesome update, btw!

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Jul 1, 2010, 07:41 AM
It was hilarious to try the minimum resolution (160x100) and notice how I could not see myself when running.

Anyway, excellent work with this update. The Maxresolution-command came out sooner than I expected.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jul 1, 2010, 08:48 AM
and it was nicely implemented too! i like the way i can keep the chat out of the actual game

Last edited by Grytolle; Jul 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread