Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Aug 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
I think this is quite a good concept as well, as for the "extra air" pickup, I would think of it as in many mario games (such as galaxy 2) where air is increases by getting health (in marios case coin) power ups underwater, logical in a way, although itd make healing to easy. Coins giving air might work though, have like drain 5 coins a minute or something?
Not that I have a better idea, but I highly disagree with the coin thing. While it'd probably give some additional possibilities, it makes no sense and the coins aren't made for that. It's as smart as using Activate Boss event just to change... hmm nvm.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Aug 6, 2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
Not that I have a better idea, but I highly disagree with the coin thing. While it'd probably give some additional possibilities, it makes no sense and the coins aren't made for that. It's as smart as using Activate Boss event just to change... hmm nvm.
if it's possible perhaps give 'fast feet' a purpose.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Aug 6, 2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FawFul View Post
Yes, it came to my mind but then I found out that shoes with oxygen don't sound good. It's the best solution as for now though, maybe not counting bubbler (but that's not a pickup, so it can't be easily made a one-time thing).

Additionally I think that breathing underwater should be possible when a player has a water shield.

Edit: Extra Time pickup (from what I know) does nothing as well, and sounds a little better than the oxygen shoes for me. It uses the same sprite as the Stopwatch does though, what can be problematic.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Aug 6, 2010 at 05:17 AM.

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Aug 7, 2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
I wasn't intending to imply eclusively coins, just maybe that it be optional for a few item options to allow flexibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FawFul View Post
Perhaps

Quote:
Additionally I think that breathing underwater should be possible when a player has a water shield.

Edit: Extra Time pickup (from what I know) does nothing as well, and sounds a little better than the oxygen shoes for me. It uses the same sprite as the Stopwatch does though, what can be problematic.
I agree with the water shield allowing underwater breathing, and as contrast, fire sucks oxygen, so perhaps an increased drain speed for the fire shield?

Also, The Extra time pickup is more feasable to me than the fast feet, as the clock meaning more time could more logically be associated to breathing time than a winged shoe.

Additionally, as some of you may know, using water with a depth of over 128? i think it is causes it to be walked in with higher jumps. Air restrictions could perhaps make this usable as a space vacuum type shindig?
Neo2001

JCF Member

Neo2001 is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2010, 02:39 PM
/gamemode, /idlectectate, Lori Full Energy Carrot Crash

I do not understand, why to set any basic gamemode I have to type /gamemode (mode) command, but to set any custom mode I have to type only /(mode). I suggest to replace command /gamemode by /battle, /ctf, etc and remove /off command.

Why not add /spectateidlers commad - if /kickidlers and /spectateidlers commands are on, the game will move all idle "plus" players to spectate and kick players without "plus".

Maybe "hurt" (SCE seekers, MCEs...) events should work like pits - the player roasted by such event will lose a point?

I have found the bug in JJ2+ - the game may crash with Access Violation Error, when Lori tries to get Full Energy Carrot. This bug occurs in all versions of JJ2+ (which are available on the first page), I could not crash the game without "plus", or with any other character.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Aug 9, 2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2001 View Post
I do not understand, why to set any basic gamemode I have to type /gamemode (mode) command, but to set any custom mode I have to type only /(mode). I suggest to replace command /gamemode by /battle, /ctf, etc and remove /off command.
Otherwise good, but I would still use /off more than /battle etc.

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Aug 10, 2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2001 View Post

Why not add /spectateidlers commad - if /kickidlers and /spectateidlers commands are on, the game will move all idle "plus" players to spectate and kick players without "plus".

Maybe "hurt" (SCE seekers, MCEs...) events should work like pits - the player roasted by such event will lose a point?

I have found the bug in JJ2+ - the game may crash with Access Violation Error, when Lori tries to get Full Energy Carrot. This bug occurs in all versions of JJ2+ (which are available on the first page), I could not crash the game without "plus", or with any other character.
Ill try and confirm this soon. Also, I would figure that you need to use /gamemode for default ones because the gamemodes were precoded and its access the pre-existing files. New gamemodes blur coded himself so he could make the call name for them whatever he wanted.

JCF Member

Ceekur is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2010, 01:04 PM
Proper Online Coop

Hey there. I recently found this little gem of an "add-on" and tried it. Really like how much freedom it has with running servers, and the normal game too. I'm wondering if this can properly set up Online Coop mode. I read in the news post that this was potentially possible with this version.

I did searches on doing this, but haven't really turned up anything on my own. I did see this very old post, and similar results actually still happen.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showt...ht=online+coop

Basically the game is created successfully and generally everything works fine. There are a few missing game objects such as rotating platforms (all of them...), and being able to walk through crates and barrels. But there is no way I can get enemies to appear.

I create a normal game using one of the three menu modes, then I type "/gamemode sp" or "coop" for Single Player or coop mode, but enemies still don't show up. I try both Internet Play and Local Network TCP for this.

Would anyone have a solution (something I forgot to setup?), or a workaround for this? Thanks.

I wasn't sure if this fits in a new thread, or this thread, since it's about JJ2+.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Aug 18, 2010, 09:45 PM
This should help.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Aug 19, 2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
This should help.
You obviously haven't downloaded the latest version of jj2+.

JCF Member

Aug 21, 2010, 06:41 AM
Camera modifier events (camera position, size, angle?), gravity modifiers?
OH NOES ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
Edit: Also, GREEN TEAM STANDING BY

Last edited by Jgke; Aug 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Once you've set the mode to Single Player or Cooperative, restart the level using the /r command. Sfaizst's program Troglobite suggested fixes an issue Plus now handles on its own and doesn't have much to do with your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
This should help.
Thanks very much everyone. Even though Sfaizst's program wasn't designed to fix these new issues, somehow running it would make the levels work properly after completing the level you changed the gamemode on. However, simply using Hunter's suggestion of restarting the level "/r", and not running any fix program worked perfectly - all enemies appear and the rotating objects are back.

I'm still wondering how to fix the clipping through solid objects issue though (passing through crates, rocks), if anyone has a comment on that. Also I notice there is a server option to set the MAX possible resolution of the connecting clients' windows. I know how to use that command, but I'm wondering how to actually set my own game's resolution manually myself.

I know, it's a slippery subject, since people can use it to see out of standard range, but I'm not really interested in using that method, or playing on public servers anyway (and it seems any server running JJ2+ can also limit their res). I would just like some thoughts on how you would change the res manually (doing it in places like single-player, or in campaign coop doesn't seem harmful right?).

Thanks again

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Aug 29, 2010, 01:15 PM
/fur 22 22 22 22
- you can change your fur in-game

And fix that RF bug. When you take RF PU from right to left (not everytime) you get only 25x powered up ammo. I hate when it happens to me

JCF Member

Aug 29, 2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
If you want to play at higher resolution, you'd have to use Neobeo's program with your copy of 1.23. I can't help with setting it manually though.

Thanks. Interesting program.

I placed it in the folder of JJ2+, then ran it. It seems to "detect" JJ2+ 1.23 right away, and runs that version of the game, while running itself. So it does work, but in every level the background's missing, only character sprites and interactive game elements are visible (which also smears onto the missing background), even within the original resolutions. I also used Plusifier on the Exe, which didn't change anything.

Sometimes trying to start a new game (basically accessing the menus) at a resolution higher than 640x480 causes a memory access error, and in general, this program seems to be very prone to crashing from memory access violations randomly. The original Plus never crashes this way, so I know it isn't one of my settings.

Would you know if I could talk to the guy who made this to ask about it (or if you know what I'm doing wrong, so I can solve this), or if there is another trustworthy program that has custom resolutions?

Thanks again..
NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2010, 11:38 PM
The high-res program isn't exactly stable yet. You should make sure to turn low detail on and ambient lighting and all that off.
Not really anything you can do about that yourself.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Aug 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
... No. But I don't think Neobeo plans to fix it

JCF Member

Aug 31, 2010, 02:27 AM
It would be very nice.

JCF Member

Aug 31, 2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
I must wonder, are you not able to do anything about it? Probably not fix Neobeo's program but rather come up with a more stable one. What exactly is the game's program with 800x600 and above? I'm aware it wasn't designed to cope with such resolutions but if we can have expanded support for music and whatnot, how come the engine is limited in terms of graphics only?

By the way, I am sorry if my previous post sounds rude, it was not intended. In my opinion, it'd be better to either have hi res support integrated into JJ2+ or a new program to do the job. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't making a new program easier than fixing someone else's program?
Well that guy who according to SR created a hires hack could give it a go I guess, but he lost interest for some reason.

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Sep 2, 2010, 06:57 AM
BlurredD has repeatedly expressed his extreme opposition towards changing the resolution of JJ2. You are almost surely not going to get anything like that in JJ2+.

JCF Member

Sep 2, 2010, 09:03 AM
blur has done enough by adding /maxresolution, so that's cool

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Sep 2, 2010, 09:05 AM
I am perfectly fine with 640x480.
But, I am happy that BlurredD added a /maxresolution command instead of simply just blocking everything above standard resolutions.

And ones again, thank you BlurredD for doing this.

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:56 AM
Anubis
This message has been deleted by Anubis. Reason: hi

JCF Member

Czech Sonic is doing well so far

Sep 2, 2010, 09:59 AM
new commands !! For JJ2+ !! [Is my creations]
/Spamoptions on/off
Set the spam options on your server, if you set to on you can make this
/maxspam
Set the max allowed spams on server 0 is unlimited and 999 is max and action for reach the max alloved spams ban or kick
/spamwarnings
This is for spammers players warnings settings
/aispamlearn
Set the artificial intelligence for spam is set to on your server automatic learning and filtrating this spam on chat and automatic proceed the actions, action is warning,kick,ban and closed the connection CTC WARNIG the AI must be programmed in JJ2+
/timeban
Set this timming ban for problematic players. Time is second, hour, day, week, month, year,
/maxping
enable or disable the
command /allowedping
/allowedping
Min is 300 and max 999 is in ms, another players reach the max allowed ping automatically get kick from server
/autojoin
Automatic join in your favourite server with startup JJ2
/autocreatserver
is this on server w ill be automatic created with start JJ2
/autorunjj2
is this on your jj2 will be automatic starting with windows and for automatic joining or creating server use this commands /autocreatserver must be on or is off only started jj2 and you must manually creat server or joined to server
/realtime
enable or disable the real time in game
/multispectators
it is on you can set the watching anothers players in one screen
/multispectating you can watch the max defined players in one spectator mode 0 is defauld and 4 is max. Possitions is 1 right down , 2 right up 3 left down , 4 left up , 0 middle of screen
/autoupdate
set the to ON for getting new updating files for JJ2+
/help
you with him see the all avaiable command in server.
/categoryhelp
thi is the same function at this /help with easy identificate the allowed command with specific for master server, client server and admin groups. If you want see the only avaible command for client players (same as you) use type /help client do u want show avaiable commands for third groups use /help third.
/find
use this for easy found specific command. If you want off carrots in server and dont know all name for this commands write this /find n [no, c, carrots....] for automatic complete the all name for this command and press enter.
/onlinemode
set this on and you can start JJ2 without intros scenes and main menu this situacion is: start jj2-> join or creat server -> player setup -> getting serverlist and join this ! And old is: start jj2 -> loading intro -> new game ->party mode ->internet play -> join or creat server -> max players -> getting server list -> join and play
/blockcommand
You can set the command avaiable in admin group when is client player logged in. U writing
/blockcommand 4 kick on
is KICKing command disabled for player the player cant use this and can use the next command without KICK. You can block all avaiable command from the max [32] player in you server.
U writted the same /blockcommand 4 kick off can the specific player using again the blocket command
/hide on/off
This is equikalent for ban and kick. If you write this, player can be on server and can´t use all commands,
shoot others players, get the all amnos, chat with players and hide players is not show for more clients players
in server the hide players cannoct wiew in spectate mode and normal mode the hidded player+can´t collision with
others players when other players can´t collision with him !
The hide players can only wiew the others players and can be in server and can move

Last edited by Czech Sonic; Sep 19, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Sep 2, 2010, 10:02 AM
Can you do a command to enable/disable coop fix?

JCF Member

Czech Sonic is doing well so far

Sep 2, 2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron97 View Post
Can you do a command to enable/disable coop fix?
Hm JJ2 maybe need re-programing, maybe creat new JJ2 exe with integrated all command =[no creat more more JJ2+] with automatic updating files, more bugs fixed, no more files only one program with only levels + tileset and melody next more is integrated in JJ2+ Thi is my new CONCEPT of JJ2

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 2, 2010, 10:26 AM
Simply the idea of inserting .j2a, .j2s, .j2d, .etc files into the main .exe is already a bad one, since they see little modification and there would be no sense in having essentially to package their contents into every update of something else. Also, for the times they do get modified, it would only be harder.

JCF Member

Sep 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Sonic
/autojoin
Automatic join in your favourite server with startup JJ2
/autocreatserver
is this on server w ill be automatic created with start JJ2
Built-in feature. Check readme's command line commands.

Quote:
/autorunjj2 is this on your jj2 will be automatic starting with windows and for automatic joining or creating server use this commands /autocreatserver must be on or is off only started jj2 and you must manually creat server or joined to server
Built-in Windows feature. Drag shortcut to JJ2+'s exe to folder named "startup" in your all programs-menu.

Quote:
/timeban
Set this timming ban for problematic players. Time is second, hour, day, week, month, year
Already made. Check the command /ban.

Quote:
WARNIG the AI must be programmed in JJ2+
I'd really like to know how to program in a language called JJ2+. Where can I learn this? Some other guy already said that it can be done.

Quote:
/help
you with him see the all avaiable command in server.
Yeah, there's only about 100 commands now. That would flood the chatbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Sonic View Post
JJ2 maybe need re-programing
Source please.

But, I'd really like ability to jump from eg. player 1 to player 3 straight without watching player 2. Numbers could be useful, or a hotkey combination eg. r+number(s).

Also, free camera scrolling(did I mention that before)

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
Free Camera scrolling is possible. I'm not sure how, but I know there's programs out there (PM!). As for the player 1 to 3 just do: /spectate 3, though that's considerably more typing than pressing the scroll is, it could avoid confusion.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

MrAlextov has disabled reputation

Sep 3, 2010, 11:37 AM
HELP!!!
My Jazz2+.exe do not work in full screen mode
I Need Jazz2+.exe access only window mode
Please
It`s True

Last edited by MrAlextov; Sep 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I Saying Witch Stupid Error

JCF Member

Sep 3, 2010, 11:43 AM
I Can't close the jazz2+.exe in fullscreen mode

JCF Member

Sep 3, 2010, 12:49 PM
Have you tried Alt+F4? That's the quickest way to close in full screen. Sometimes when you're connecting to a server, there may be a delay.

JCF Member

Sep 4, 2010, 01:24 AM
ok , testing

JCF Member

Sep 4, 2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks Dermo , Now My Jazz2+.exe is run as window mode

JCF Member

TUN3R is notorious for his worthless posts

Sep 5, 2010, 05:34 AM
Version of JJ2 (TSF: LK Avalon) not supported

Why?

JCF Member

Sep 5, 2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN3R View Post
Version of JJ2 (TSF: LK Avalon) not supported

Why?
That's because you have LK Avalon version of JJ2. You should download TSF from digiex.net

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Sep 5, 2010, 06:06 AM
I think (s)he's asking why it's not supported, not why that message is appearing.

As for why it's not supported, it has different memory addresses from regular TSF.

JCF Member

Sep 5, 2010, 06:36 AM
well, whatever (s)he needs to download regular TSF.

JCF Member

Sep 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
purchase*

JCF Member

FihuFiL is notorious for his worthless posts

Sep 10, 2010, 08:57 AM
hmmm i havent read whole conversation but i think it is possible.
How about create option which allow to run jj2 without screen (feature for linux servering). Although completely without, only running process in system monitor (smt like task mng)
now if you try to run jj2 without x.org and window-manager you get
Quote:
> wine $HOME/.wine/drive_c/server1/JJ2TSF1/jazz2+.exe -server -levellist -list minimize -lrs
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Sep 12, 2010, 03:22 AM
Since there already is UseAnyLocalAddress in plus.ini, is there any undocumented command line argument for binding a server to a specific IP/NIC?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

FihuFiL is notorious for his worthless posts

Sep 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
Dan you can use Forcebindip to run JJ2 under different ip (See this).
EDIT: Of course if you are using Windoze :P
Closed Thread