Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Volunteer to Test JJ2+ Features

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 22, 2021, 08:55 PM
Volunteer to Test JJ2+ Features

This is a very general (and not remotely time-limited) call for people who might be interested in testing alternate versions of JJ2+ in development. This would usually take the form of you being sent a version of plus.dll and some documentation (e.g. a version of plus-readme.html) specifying what's new about it, and asking you to test the change/s as thoroughly as possible. Look for stuff we wouldn't have thought to try. When applicable, give your opinion on the change/s' design. And, of course, don't leak the files or otherwise disclose their contents to other people.

If you are interested, please list what you think your strengths and weaknesses are. If you have never written any angelscript, for example, you will not be asked to test a prospective new addition to the angelscript API. If you never or rarely play online multiplayer, you will not be asked to test something that could affect multiplayer gameplay. And so on. But if you are interested in online multiplayer, please let us know whether you are able to host servers that don't ping, because some things do go best when tested by people on different computers.

Replying here does not guarantee anything will be sent to you: all final judgements will be made by the JJ2+ team.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Apr 27, 2021 at 01:57 PM.
Necrolyte

JCF Member

Necrolyte has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2021, 04:59 AM
I will be glad if you let me join you.
Since I play JJ2 multiplayer almost everyday on my free time, I can be an active tester and spend some of that time to test new changes. I'm interested in testing online multiplayer gameplay changes, looking for & investigate bugs, and maybe testing simple stuff in angelscript.

Edit: Yes I can host a joinable server.

Last edited by Necrolyte; Apr 28, 2021 at 02:13 AM.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2021, 02:55 PM
As I noted in the other thread, my time is limited until June, but I should have time to toy with stuff over weekends as I've done with Battery Check and my SP episode.

I generally don't play online outside of the bashes (even then, I don't tend to take part in much ofthat), though once in a blue moon I'll sometimes hang out in a battle server or something.

Making stuff in MLLE/JCS + AngelScript is my real muse in Jazz these days, though I do enjoy playing other peoples' SP episodes from time to time. Mostly I like tinkering with Angelscript features, trying out gameplay ideas, basically just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. But level design is a craft I hope to one day master.

JCF Member

tsu-star has disabled reputation

Apr 25, 2021, 02:25 AM
Hii I'd like to volunteer ^^
I'm active, pretty much all day so testing should be a piece of cake. I'll be completely unbiased, and will test each feature thoroughly. Where would testers send their reports/complaints?
Zah dud4h

JCF Member

Zah dud4h is doing well so far

Apr 25, 2021, 02:29 AM
I'd be interested in testing the new upcoming additions and try my best to detail any feedback regarding them

I typically play this game online and i'd also be interested to try new angelscript API features

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 25, 2021, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsu-star View Post
Where would testers send their reports/complaints?
I hadn't really thought about this. I guess for any given person we'll figure out the most convenient way to work with them? Probably that's mostly one-on-one chats unless there are things that multiple plus team people want to be in on, or if there are things that are best tested by several people at once, idk.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Apr 25, 2021, 03:30 AM
I play Single Player almost exclusively, but if there's any SP-related testing needed, sign me in. Other than that though, I don't think I could be of much help.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 27, 2021, 01:58 PM
Added something to the OP that I'd forgotten to emphasize:
Quote:
if you are interested in online multiplayer, please let us know whether you are able to host servers that don't ping, because some things do go best when tested by people on different computers

JCF Member

Cranky has disabled reputation

May 5, 2022, 09:45 AM
Hello there. I would really enjoy testing the upcoming changes to JJ2. I play multiplayer and singleplayer alike, and I have some experience with AngelScript and I'd really like to see the new API capabilities. Though my free time is pretty limited in this period, I will hopefully manage to get things sorted in a few months. I think I can dedicate some time mostly on weekends to look over some features.
Spaz Electro

JCF Member

Spaz Electro has disabled reputation

Jun 20, 2022, 10:55 AM
Howdy! I'd like to test out the new additions to the AngelScript API, as I use it commonly, I'm only interested in the API additions though, as I don't play multiplayer much.

Last edited by Spaz Electro; Feb 17, 2023 at 01:10 PM.
t3Kev

JCF Member

t3Kev has disabled reputation

Jan 14, 2023, 02:15 AM
hello, if it's still possible i'd like to help testing the online multiplayer gameplay of new plus versions. as i am an active online multiplayer, i can play many games for testing as required and it wont take long until jj2+ team can receive feedback from me. if you want, i can also record test matches in case there happen to be new bugs.