Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Boss Editor/ Weapon Editor

General Hare

JCF Member

General Hare is doing well so far

Dec 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
Lightbulb Boss Editor/ Weapon Editor

I am starting to get tired of using the same old bosses in JJ2 at the moment, they are too easy to defeat unless you use more than one. If only there was some sort of program that you can use to create bosses (without too much scripting stuff). I have an idea of making a boss that has the ability to use some of the weapons you use. I also wish there is an easy-to-make weapon editor that is prepared by selecting certain things. To make things interesting, collecting coins unlock more choices by buying the feature (with the virtual money, you know, the silver/gold coins?) . These ideas would be useful for multiplayer.

Anyway, I just wish there was some sort of program that does them.

E V I L H A R E/ G E N E R A L H A R E

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

Dec 26, 2006, 10:16 AM
If such a program existed, it wouldn't provide much verity because it wouldn't use scripting, so you would eventually run out of options, and the other problem is I'm pretty sure it isn't possible.

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Dec 28, 2006, 09:28 AM
Well, I have once made a .j2a mod to play against Goku... You'd play against a pimped version of Devan, where Goku first shoots giant Kamehamehas at you and when he dies, he transforms into a Super Saiyan and throws giant balls of fire at you. Looked quite awesome and was way harder than Devan.
Xplosive

JCF Member

Xplosive is notorious for his worthless posts

Dec 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Hare
I am starting to get tired of using the same old bosses in JJ2 at the moment, they are too easy to defeat unless you use more than one. If only there was some sort of program that you can use to create bosses (without too much scripting stuff). I have an idea of making a boss that has the ability to use some of the weapons you use. I also wish there is an easy-to-make weapon editor that is prepared by selecting certain things. To make things interesting, collecting coins unlock more choices by buying the feature (with the virtual money, you know, the silver/gold coins?) . These ideas would be useful for multiplayer.

Anyway, I just wish there was some sort of program that does them.
I wish this a lot.

Thomasn64

JCF Member

Thomasn64 is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2006, 05:54 AM
Thumbs up Why stop there...

If there was such a cratier why stop there. Maby if you chould cratie your own chariter (or states at the laest) there whould be an etxrea elemite of stadigy.

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm not an expert on JJ2's workings, but I'm about 99% sure that neither program would be feasible to any degree, if even possible in the first place. I beleive these are hard coded into Jazz 2 itself, and a program to edit that would require somebody very talented with ASM and with a lot of time.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2006, 09:23 AM
Try downloading this package, it includes two boss levels:

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/dow...p?levelID=3501

The first one involves the typical Robot Boss without too much space to jump in but with 1-2 Tuf bosses beneath the area, forcing you to stay in movement and using bouncers instead.

The second boss is Bolly with loads of objects that block your fire and unless you're using the vines I forgot to remove to continously buttstomp him, he becomes a lot tougher to get down.

There's also a third boss more difficult than the previous two. The Queen boss adjusted in height with small objects you have to jump up on to shoot her. I had to die 3 times to get her pushed down on my first attempt:

(On hard mode there's also that spikeball that swings forth and behind the layer on the highest platform.)

The point: You can make the bosses more interesting an exciting by clever use of the area's layout. Use other events to interfier with the fight and increase the difficulty. Try covering up on the boss' weakness by making it more difficult to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!