Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Discuss and Question Theoretically the Finer Details of Plot

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Jan 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
Discuss and Question Theoretically the Finer Details of Plot

I was lying in bed last night around 1am and began thinking about Jazz's plot as I was on the JCF here. I began to wonder about some things in the series, so here we go, lets discuss miniscule plot details =D

Feel free to answer/create/pineapple your own ideas:

1) Why are there random power crates strewn through the wilderness?
2) Jazz is approximately the same size as a wild dog, AND a bee. Are him and the bee large, or are him and the dog small?
3) Why do tomato vines have alternate cyclic gravity but nothing else does?
4) Based on crustacean biology, crabs don't have a uterus, so why is the boss called Uterus?
5) If the lizards have advanced enough technology to have portable hover packs, why haven't they invented better weapon?
6) If you killed the Queen in level 2, and the father is seen as non-existant at the wedding, wouldnt that make Eva Queen beginning in Level 3?
7) Eva doesn't seem mad at the wedding her mother got killed by Jazz.....
8) If the rabbits are portrayed as having approximately medieval era technology, how are all the diamonds cut laser perfect?
9) Warps are invisible and have no technological basis, so WHAT exactly are they? mini wormholes?
10) When Jazz is sent back in time in Episodes 2 & 3 {its in the manual's plot synopsis}, why are all of the coins strewn around the universe modern currecny just as in the present?
11) If Devan can reanimate the dead (the skeletons) and make them stronger than almost any other baddie in the game, why not reanimate and strengthen dead bosses?
12) What kind of Pinball-based society lived in Tubelectric?
13) Why does Chuck (the bird) run away after you take slight damage? should a guardian work harder in that situation?
14) In JJ1, when flying through space between planets, where and what are the random bonus level highway roads?

Discuss!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 7, 2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
4) Based on crustacean biology, crabs don't have a uterus, so why is the boss called Uterus?
It's not. It's "The Crab Boss."

Quote:
6) If you killed the Queen in level 2, and the father is seen as non-existant at the wedding, wouldnt that make Eva Queen beginning in Level 3?
There is a king. He's mentioned in some plot synopses.

Quote:
She falls onto some springs and bounces up into the ceiling. Comparing this to the fate of every other boss in the game but Devan, it's probably safe to say she isn't actually dead.

Quote:
8) If the rabbits are portrayed as having approximately medieval era technology, how are all the diamonds cut laser perfect?
You know they have spaceships, right?

Quote:
13) Why does Chuck (the bird) run away after you take slight damage? should a guardian work harder in that situation?
As seen in the JJ1 manual comic, he gets scared and flees.

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
It's not. It's "The Crab Boss."
That makes sense, but where are you seeing that name? My JCS still says Uterus

Quote:
There is a king. He's mentioned in some plot synopses.
I can definitely say I've never seen that, but I'll take your word for it

Quote:
She falls onto some springs and bounces up into the ceiling. Comparing this to the fate of every other boss in the game but Devan, it's probably safe to say she isn't actually dead.
When was the last time you saw someone get shot upwards through several dozen foot thick brick? I think she would likely still be rather maimed

Quote:
You know they have spaceships, right?
I was under the impression that only Jazz did and he stole it from the Shellions

Quote:
As seen in the JJ1 manual comic, he gets scared and flees.
Links to comic?

Also, I'm unsure where WikiFur gets its infor, but it states:
"Jazz Jackrabbit is a 3'1", 90-pound anthropomorphic green rabbit". Thats a pretty big rabbit xD

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
That makes sense, but where are you seeing that name? My JCS still says Uterus
Prima strategy guide.

Quote:
I can definitely say I've never seen that, but I'll take your word for it
Example.

Quote:
I was under the impression that only Jazz did and he stole it from the Shellions
Can't find any perfect counterexamples at the moment, but this seems unlikely. Rabbits are called the "Galactic Rabbits," which doesn't make much sense if they don't have space travel, and plenty of other species seem to have it (as witnessed in the Intergalactic Repneck Bar). JJ3 explicitly contains a rocket ship, and JJA contains a whole rabbit city space station; while JJA certainly takes place somewhat later in time than JJ1 and JJ2, surely the difference isn't so great that rabbits could have been at medieval levels of technology and jumped all the way to space colonization.

Quote:
Links to comic?
Linked to from here.

Quote:
Also, I'm unsure where WikiFur gets its infor, but it states:
"Jazz Jackrabbit is a 3'1", 90-pound anthropomorphic green rabbit". Thats a pretty big rabbit xD
From the (digital) JJ1 manual:
Quote:
Jazz Jackrabbit:
Height: 3'1"
Weight: 90 lbs.
Favorite Food: Carrot Pizza
Favorite Book: Watership Down
Motto: "When you're a little rabbit, carry a BIG gun!"

Devan Shell:
Height: 2'4"
Weight: 163 lbs.
Favorite Food: Asparagus
Favorite Book: How to Make Friends and Kill Rabbits
Motto: "Rabbits are lousy!"

Eva Earlong:
Height: 3'9"
Weight: Won't tell
Favorite Food: Turnip Ice Cream
Favorite Book: My Secret Carrot Garden
Motto: "Take your time, Jazz."

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jan 8, 2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
14) In JJ1, when flying through space between planets, where and what are the random bonus level highway roads?
Weed!

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 8, 2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
10) When Jazz is sent back in time in Episodes 2 & 3 {its in the manual's plot synopsis}, why are all of the coins strewn around the universe modern currecny just as in the present?
Notice how you don't keep money between levels? And that all the times you spend money, you spend it in the same time-period as you got it.
Quote:
11) If Devan can reanimate the dead (the skeletons) and make them stronger than almost any other baddie in the game, why not reanimate and strengthen dead bosses?
He can't, they went to Hell when that happened, so he didn't reanimate them, they weren't even really alive. And if you're referring to TSF, Devan didn't reanimate those.

I hope this helps.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 8, 2012, 05:33 AM
As an aside, Watership Down is that good of a book...

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 8, 2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplat View Post
As an aside, Watership Down is that good of a book...
All I know is that I loved the cartoon when I was a kid.

JCF Member

Jan 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
All I know is that I loved the cartoon when I was a kid.
That show was pretty boss. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Notice how you don't keep money between levels? And that all the times you spend money, you spend it in the same time-period as you got it.
Yes but the actually images engraved on the coins is still the same. Like if I went back in time to Mars 1,000 years ago I wouldn't expect to find American/European/Canadian coins styled like coins in 2012 or even 1950 would be.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 9, 2012, 09:05 AM
Read what I said after "Notice how you do'nt keep money between levels?", that is the most valid part.

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2012, 09:54 AM
He meant, that the currency is the same as a long time before. Think about what would happen if you would try to use modern dollars about 500 years ago.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jan 9, 2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
5) If the lizards have advanced enough technology to have portable hover packs, why haven't they invented better weapon?
devan gave them the hover packs, they didnt invent them themselves. same with the bombs. it is like when the aztecs got guns

Quote:
an AWESOME one

JCF Member

Jan 9, 2012, 12:35 PM
Why are everyone against Jazz?

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Jan 9, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Why is everyone against Jazz?
Ahem ahem grammar nazi.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 9, 2012, 05:34 PM
15) Why do lettuce, chocolate bars, oranges, slices of cake, "things," and slices of pie all contribute equally to sugar rushes?
16) Did nobody ever think that naming the planet with the secret turtle temple "Turtemple" was a bit of a dead giveaway?
17) Is Megairbase really shaped like a giant squared-off question mark? (and if so, is the dot at the bottom where you fight the guardian?)
18) In JJ2, Tubelectric has become a giant pinball machine instead of an abandoned munitions factory, and the rain stops falling in Medivo even though the JJ1 manual said that that never happened. Is this a result of Devan's time travel? If so, what else has changed in the universe?

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Jan 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
15) Why do lettuce, chocolate bars, oranges, slices of cake, "things," and slices of pie all contribute equally to sugar rushes?
16) Did nobody ever think that naming the planet with the secret turtle temple "Turtemple" was a bit of a dead giveaway?
17) Is Megairbase really shaped like a giant squared-off question mark? (and if so, is the dot at the bottom where you fight the guardian?)
18) In JJ2, Tubelectric has become a giant pinball machine instead of an abandoned munitions factory, and the rain stops falling in Medivo even though the JJ1 manual said that that never happened. Is this a result of Devan's time travel? If so, what else has changed in the universe?
15) Being a two-dimensional character, Jazz has an extremely active metabolism.

16) Nobody ever said turtles were smart.

17) That's an interesting 'question', since parts of one or another level DO seem to loop around...

18) Devan got partway through revamping Tubelectric, but became bored and decided to play pinball on Tubelectric. Then he got interrupted by some other galactically important task, and Tubelectric never got finished.

It stopped raining on Medivo because Devan no longer reigns there.

Here's a few more.

19) If, according to the JJ2 manual, Jazz is thrown into the royal Carrotus dungeons at the beginning of "Formerly a Prince", why is he unchained, uncaged and armed with a gun?

20) Why are Devan's goons guarding Jazz in Carrotus Castle instead of the Queen's own royal rabbit guards?

21) If the Schwartzenguards on Marbelara are playing phaser-tag, why don't they hit each other every once in a while?

22) Is the Mad Hatter baddie drunk on tea, or is there some other kind of liquid substance in his teacup?

23) If the Witch can turn Jazz into a Frog at will, why doesn't she just turn Eva into a Frog and prevent Jazz from ever reverting into a rabbit?

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit

JCF Member

Jan 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT32 View Post
19) If, according to the JJ2 manual, Jazz is thrown into the royal Carrotus dungeons at the beginning of "Formerly a Prince", why is he unchained, uncaged and armed with a gun?
Doesn't Spaz rescue Jazz from the Dungeon?
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jan 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
the rain stops falling in Medivo even though the JJ1 manual said that that never happened.
it never stopped but it had to start some time. it started falling at different times in different places on the planet, so while in medivo level 1 you are in the rain, in medivo 2 you have moved to a different place where it has not yet started raining

(you are there before it started because time travel)

Quote:
21) If the Schwartzenguards on Marbelara are playing phaser-tag, why don't they hit each other every once in a while?
they're really bad at phaser-tag

JCF Member

Jan 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
15) in the land of 2D, sugar is measured by the number of pixels obviously.

16) I could tell you I have a secret base in my house. Doesnt necissarily mean there is.

18) It is entirely possible that the time travel is creating parallel dimensions. At the end of JJ2/start off JJ3 when Jazz returns to the present, eva is kidnapped by Devan, but Jazz only killed his dimension Devan, not the new dimensions Devan

Quote:

20) Why are Devan's goons guarding Jazz in Carrotus Castle instead of the Queen's own royal rabbit guards?

22) Is the Mad Hatter baddie drunk on tea, or is there some other kind of liquid substance in his teacup?

23) If the Witch can turn Jazz into a Frog at will, why doesn't she just turn Eva into a Frog and prevent Jazz from ever reverting into a rabbit?
19) She probably secretly likes the kid a bit and is playing around with him, knowing he'll escape and save the day anyway why not cut him some slack?

20)Because the guards were all at the royal wedding inside so the Shellions invaded.

21) Arnold Schwartzenegger never needed to hit anyone directly to cause damage, he just had enough muscle to damage from a distance.

22) Tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Doesn't Spaz rescue Jazz from the Dungeon?
Spaz does, but if you caught like...idk....Hitler and put him in a dungeon, would you leave him with lazer gun and free reign inside his private area?

JCF Member

Jan 14, 2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Spaz does, but if you caught like...idk....Hitler and put him in a dungeon, would you leave him with lazer gun and free reign inside his private area?
If you would knowingly go rescue Jazz, would you leave him unarmed or bring a gun with you?

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
I am insane. I will answer all the questions. All of them.
Quote:
1) Why are there random power crates strewn through the wilderness?
Wouldn't you say that remote locks carried in metal crates are the most mobile form of assault protection? It's like they're designed to use just about anywhere! Devan might've gotten really obsessive with stopping the Jackrabbits in their path since the first game.
Quote:
2) Jazz is approximately the same size as a wild dog, AND a bee. Are him and the bee large, or are him and the dog small?
Why can't Diamondus bees or dogs living in hell be bigger than their Earth counterparts?
Quote:
3) Why do tomato vines have alternate cyclic gravity but nothing else does?
space tomatoes
Quote:
The name is nowhere mentioned in the game itself. I'd call this a "developer nickname." I mean, WHO in their righteous mind actually names a boss 'Uterus' in a kids' game? Except the level editor is available with every copy. Whoops
Quote:
Remember the Jazz2 manual comic? The lizards are dumb. The copters are probably given by Devan, and they might've been given bombs because they like things exploding because it looks cool. Actually, if the bombs actually did hurt, I doubt you'd call this a bad weapon...
Quote:
Who said she's dead? She just flies through the ceiling and disappears. There's no remains like with the rest of the bosses (sans Devan)
Quote:
Just because they have monarchy and castles doesn't mean they're on a medieval level. What about England? (okay I don't want an answer for this question)
Quote:
9) Warps are invisible and have no technological basis, so WHAT exactly are they? mini wormholes?
timey wimey stuff
Quote:
SUPER THEORY MODE
DEVAN TOOK PRISONERS OF WAR AND CARROTUS MONEY WITH HIM TO THE PAST SO HE KEPT THEM IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND THEY WERE GIVEN SCARCE AMOUNTS OF MONEY SO THEY COULD BUY FOOD FROM THEIR GUARDS BUT ACTUALLY HE DID IT THIS WAY BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SEE THEM FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR THE MONEY BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ENOUGH MONEY PER PERSON TO EAT FULL
A FEW ESCAPED BUT THEY STILL NEED THE MONEY TO MAKE DEALS WITH THE TURTLES SO THEY CHARGE YOU FOR THINGS THEY DON'T REALLY NEED LIKE AMMO THEY CAN'T USE
HEADCANON RIGHT THERE
Quote:
since when does Devan run hell
Quote:
Life gets boring in a planet-sized weapon depot when it's just what it is, you know
Quote:
There are people like that. Don't you know? You're lucky, man.
Quote:
Obviously on the planets, before you take off.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

Last edited by DoubleGJ; Jan 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Carrotus lettuce. Man does it taste like a huge lump of sugar.
Quote:
It probably used to have some weird astrological name like XI-232 but once it was found that there's a secret temple there it was just named Turtemple by Jazz or anyone who told him about it because that's basically the only thing that's special about it
Quote:
It's superdimensional. The question mark looks like a space base under the right angle.
Quote:
boredom / shenanigans / timeline getting messed up

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Ah, so you haven't read the comic. Spaz gets him out of there, with Eva's silent approval. Supposedly he gives him the blaster as well, as I don't think there could be any more logical explanation.
Quote:
Devan took the opportunity that everyone's preoccupied with Jazz and his goons stormed the castle.
Quote:
Jazz's there at the time. It's no moment to play around.
Quote:
It's very, very sugary.
Quote:
Eva's in a safe spot, if I remember well.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Jan 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
Ah, so you haven't read the comic. Spaz gets him out of there, with Eva's silent approval. Supposedly he gives him the blaster as well, as I don't think there could be any more logical explanation.
I did too read the comic, and here's the proof.

In the very last square, Spaz is standing in front of Jazz with a broken key. Jazz is high up in the air, and very hard to get to.

SPAZ IS NOT HOLDING ANY KIND OF WEAPON, EITHER HIS OWN OR JAZZ'S!

How do you unlock chains with a busted key? Spaz himself claims that he has "No flippin' idea" how to do it.

Therefore, by this logic, Spaz too should be present in the level, holding...drum roll...a busted key.

IN DEVELOPMENT:

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Double GJ: "...The name is nowhere mentioned in the game itself. I'd call this a "developer nickname." I mean, WHO in their righteous mind actually names a boss 'Uterus' in a kids' game? Except the level editor is available with every copy. Whoops"
If you watch the Uterus boss, every once in a while, crab baddies will come out of a hole in the bottom of the boss and land on the ground, not unlike a newborn baby (no offense whatsoever intended towards pregnant women. I realize it's pretty demeaning to be compared to one of Devan's minions).

I ask you, then, to tell me a more fitting (or less squeamish) name for such a boss.

"Crab-Shooter"? "Ejector"? "Bullseye"?

Mesa no tink so.

IN DEVELOPMENT:

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
I just said it's nowhere mentioned in the game, not that it doesn't fit.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Feb 16, 2012, 03:14 PM