Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

CODERS SAVE THE JJ2 PLEASE!

Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Jan 22, 2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks, a lot! If he doesn't decide to visit this thread/post here/help, could you show us his reply?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 22, 2012, 11:07 AM
I don't even know if he still uses that address, so there's no guarantee of a reply.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
I've tried to convince ppl to make a program working along the lines of this:

-scan jj2's memory for known cheats
-take periodic screenshots of the entire screen to hopefully catch other cheats (notably this would make use of radar and highres and unlimited ammo, the immediate threats close to impossible)
-make it harder to manipulate jj2's memory by killing processes that attempt to (not a problem for plus which works with dlls)
-send the gathered information along with timestamps to a neutral server where it can be examined if need be

Such a program would ofc only be mandatory for tournaments that write it into their rules

First Artem, then Glados have started on such projects, but afaik they haven't made much headway

(Edit: if you wonder why I haven't done this myself: I'm really fucking incompetent )
I've an application for this, albeit missing some sections.

It will be better when I've studied C++ starting this season.

- thought I'd revealed this previously; guess so now

Last edited by KRSplat; Jan 22, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary personal words (2:50 AM)

JCF Member

wKtK is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2012, 04:45 AM
Well, after some people asked me again, I've decided to write an application that at least blocks artems radar, and is able to communicate with a neutral server to verify that It's running. The protocol will be encrypted ofc.

If you want me to write this, please say so. Howeer if you already decided on another project, please tell me that and I'll do my best to help.

And another question: I would like to obtain a version of Radar (the latest) for testing purposes, to see if it's vulnerable for my detectin method. anyone here could help me?
I PM'd Vegito yesterday, but he hasn't replied yet...

EDIT: I got radar now ok no. I make anti-radar no ok.

Thanks.

Last edited by wKtK; Jan 23, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 23, 2012, 05:20 AM
Yes, do it please. It's a project that needs a lot less work. ...Unless you mind terribly if it gets rendered obsolete eventually.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2012, 07:57 AM
Talking

Quote:
Unless you mind terribly if it gets rendered obsolete eventually.
Of course not

Anyway, I just preformed some quick memory scans on Radar2, and it seems the method GLaDOS told me works. That means the program will be able to detect radar. I'll reply here when I've made some progress.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hmm, one question. Will that application block any kind of other versions of radar in future, or just this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Random User
Any help is appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKtK
If you want me to write this, please say so.
Shall I repeat myself again?

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Shall I repeat myself again?
No need to, I've already started

Quote:
Will that application block any kind of other versions of radar in future, or just this one?
The clients will have a system built-in to analyse processes for known patterns. As an addition, however, the server will be able to send extra parameters to the black/white-list. This will ofcourse happen encrypted to avoid hackers abusing this.
So in other words, once the program is successfully running, only the server needs to be updated in order to add/exclude processes. Adding+testing a new Radar will probably only take me 5 min or something.

Last edited by wKtK; Jan 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: <- opyt <-
Toni_

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
It will take you 5min if you have that radar. I don't think Artem/anyone else will publish his next radar like he did with this one.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2012, 03:04 AM
Those patterns I mentioned before don't need to be specific to one application. They can also focus on one aspect, such as trying to read/write to a players position etc.

Not only will I include patterns that block Radar and Coolhax, I'll also include a few basic pattens that look for JJ2-Hacking related functions.

Remember, this method is meant to be temporary, until jj2 has this weakness fixed.
This is meant to block the most 'dangerous' cheating programs out there atm.

And about new versions of radar, I'll try to make sure the pattern can still catch them.

I cant tell that much more about the method here, or hackers would be able to find an exploit.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hmm, okay then. I wish you luck!

cooba, anything from blur yet?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Hmm, okay then. I wish you luck!
Thank you very much

I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
Anything new about this?

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2012, 07:52 AM
College started again and I've got a very busy schedule. My amount of free time has dropped considerably, but I'll try to keep working on this. However, It'll probably take some time before it's finished.

If somebody else wants to try this, contact me and I'll happily tell you the method I'm using to detect programs, as well as how radar can be detected 100% sure.

I'll continue working on this, but school has my priority ofc.

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well... okay. I just can't believe that there are a lot of other programmers who could help in this project, and they're hiding in their lair somewhere.

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'll try to drag some of them out to here if I see them.

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Feb 3, 2012, 12:44 PM
Neo, any news?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Feb 3, 2012, 08:39 PM
Guys we should all stop bugging them, they'll report anything they come up with when something comes up.

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2012, 03:22 AM
And maybe they forgot about this, since they're inactive?

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2012, 03:35 AM
The best would of course be, if this would be added into JJ2+. I know thats not gonna happen (soon), because Blur has other things on his head and things like JJ2+ are a pain to code

Then there is the other solution, making a client-side app that everybody needs to run. This will be a hassle to check, and a lot of people really aren't waiting for a Punkbuster-like spyware next to their jj2...

So, I've decided to do what many have already tried:

I'm remaking JJ2, cross-platform, compatible with 'normal JJ2'. This will take a lot of time, and i encourage you to find another solution in the meantime. However, it'll become open-source once I've made some progress, so adding a fix/something against cheats will become a piece of cake in comparision with JJ2, from which the sourcecode is not in our hands.

This post was done in a rush, so sorry for any errors/typo's.

I'll leave you with this while I'll go and have lunch.
http://lun4rsoft.info/wiki/doku.php?id=project_fukkatsu

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 4, 2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Project 復活 (fukkatsu, Japanese for 'Revival' or 'Rebirth')
Bitch please.

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2012, 04:33 AM
I knew people would whine 'bout the name...

Still going with it thou...

EDIT: It's only the project name btw, if you got something better, please say it. If you don't know how to give constructive criticism, please don't use stupid outdated gangster-memes...

Seriously, I try to provide a solution, even a thing everyone whines about but isn't there yet... And ppl whine about the godforsaken PROJECT NAME...
Do you realise THAT is the main reason the coders quit on you? They got better things to do in their spare time than to make things excatly as you command.
If you don't believe me, check the friggin JJ2+ thread, and try to make a little guess why BlurredD quit...

Maybe you should be a bit nicer to ppl spending months writing stuff for you.

and potential negreppers, see the 'reason for editing'.

Last edited by wKtK; Feb 4, 2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: idc

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 4, 2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
This will be a hassle to check, and a lot of people really aren't waiting for a Punkbuster-like spyware next to their jj2...
source?

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2012, 05:07 AM
Sorry, I should have added "and i think a lot of people..." there. Not a concrete source, but people always seem to complain about such an extra program.

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2012, 02:37 PM
I like the name and support the idea, good luck.
Quote:
Well... okay. I just can't believe that there are a lot of other programmers who could help in this project, and they're hiding in their lair somewhere.
There are indeed unknown coders in the JJ2 community hiding in their lairs, and they won't bother to code anything JJ2-related for the above mentioned reasons. So let's appreciate what wKtK and people like him are doing for the community.
Toni_

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2012, 05:01 AM
Like I already said, I appreciate anyone's work what could help. But I think the only project going on now is Fukkatsu by wKtK.

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2012, 05:57 AM
Fukkatsu is going to take a lot of time before it's finished, however. So for a 'quick fix' to solve the radar/cheats problem, it's better to rely on someone else's project 'till it's done.

About whether Fukkatsu is the only project currently going on, there were some developments a few weeks ago about Artem making an anticheat-tool. I also saw his server titled "Artem making antcheat" online sometimes.

And yes, I know people will doubt a program written by Artem because it might contain spyware, thats why Grytolle has asked me to verify and compile the final version.

So I don't know if he´s still working on it, but once (if) it get's finished Gry will send me the code, and I'll check and compile it for you.