Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

'Fun' Jazz 2 storyline tidbits

n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Sep 6, 2005, 12:58 PM
'Fun' Jazz 2 storyline tidbits

I was looking at the Jazz 2 Order Info(found in the Shareware and HH98 editions) and noticed these tidbits about the story, and it's probrally just that: Useless tidbits.
-According to the Daily Carrot, Devan either attacked early Friday(July 1) morning before the final edition was printed, or he attacked Thursday(June whatever the last day of june is).
-The year Jazz 2 takes place(Before Jazz and Spaz follow Devan through a time warp) is 2791(This is the year the Daily Carrot with the 'Devan Shell Returns!' headline was published)
-The O'Hares beat the Lagomorphs 27-9. (I just felt like letting you know incase this pops up in Epic Games Trivial Pursuit)
-It was Sunny on Friday, if Devan attacked on Thursday, it's safe to assume it was also Sunny that day.
-The picture of Devan shows him infront of some rocky landscape, looks simmilar to the one on the 'press fire' screen, but I can't tell if they are the same because it's in newspaper color.
-The area where the castle is located on Carrotus is known as 'Carrotus Kingdom'
-The Daily Carrot costs $1.50(If you ever felt like thinking too much and want to delve into Carrotus economy)
-Devan's Time Machine goes from time period to time period via Wormhole.
-Jazz and Spaz follow Devan by going through Time Warps, I have no idea why Time Warps are being randomly left around, or if they are left by Devan's Time Machine.

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Sep 6, 2005, 01:16 PM
Useful, in my opinion. They made me laugh, so ++Epic!

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Sep 6, 2005, 01:20 PM
I knew about the thing with the wormholes (that's in the manual).

I wonder why the beach is a different timezone though. =P

Nice infos. Thanks for sharing them.

JCF Veteran

Sep 6, 2005, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFreak
I knew about the thing with the wormholes (that's in the manual).
Not everyone has a manual.

Quote:
I always assumed it was some version of the early 90s where surfing was the rage in the US.

JCF Member

Sep 6, 2005, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
Not everyone has a manual.
That wasn't meant as critique.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Sep 6, 2005, 10:44 PM
The plot of Jazz Jackrabbit

Here I will sum up the plot of the jj series, not counting JJA because it takes place in a paralell universe. While some may disagree I use this as the official backstory ~*~*~*oFfIcIal BacKsTorY*~*~*~ of my level pack.

Once upon a time Jazz Jackrabbit's girlfriend eva got kidnapped by a turtle named Devan Shell. The motives behind the kidnapping have been lost in history, but taking the fact that Eva was a princess at the time, one can assume that Devan Shell suffered from what we know as the "King Bowser Complex".

This caused Jazz to flip out and go berserk. He quickly found himself a spaceship and left his humble kingdom of carrotus in search for revenge. He visited dozens of planets he knew were influcenced by Devan Shell and his kind, and he murdered every one of them (including children) that he saw. His genocidal rampage finally ended when he managed to free Eva.

Jazz and Eva traveled back to Carrotus in order to be married. Unfortunately Jazz was an idiot and didn't actually do anything to stop Devan Shell, so he followed them to Carrotus. On Jazz and Eva's wedding cerimony, devan stole the wedding ring and fled off. This caused the queen to go psycho and lock jazz up in a dungeon.

Jazz swiftly killed her and escaped from the dungeon, and decided to catch up to Devan and kill him once and for all. He also brought along his brother, becuase he thought it would be a good way for spaz to get off the huge amounts of cocaine he was abusing.

A short ways from castle carrotus, they stumbled across a secret lab no doubt operated by Devan shell. A short incursion into the lab proved just that, and it wasn't long until Devan Shell himself appeared. A quick battle ensued, but it was only a diversion. Shell's time machine was finally ready to be tested out, and he used it on Jazz and Spaz.

When Jazz and Spaz awoke they found out they were in an ancient version of Carrotus City. They decided to make the best of where they were, so our heroes wandered around a bit to see if they could do anything about their problem. Suddenly, they made another time jump. It appeared as if the time machine wasn't quite perfected yet.

They reappeared in a strange, psychadelic era. Being pretty stressed out at this point, jazz and spaz decided it would be a good time to take a break. Using Jazz's money and Spaz's drug-dealer-negotiating skills, they bought a bunch of LSD tabs and then went to the beach to chill out.

(Un)fortunately the potency was very high. Spaz was able to deal with it due to being an experienced druggie, but Jazz completely tripped out and wound up having a flashback of his old days when he was on a quest to save Eva.

When he finally snapped out of it, it appeared to be the present again. They were in the middle of an untamed jungle on carrotus, an area populated by monkies more than rabbits. In any case, a quick search through the jungle revealed a portal to hell. Jazz and Spaz mutually agreed that a portal to hell is a semi-likely place to find Devan, so they jumped in.

They then journeyed through hell, encountered many of Devan's minions, and finally, devan himself. He appeared to be setting up a new base, and his time machine was nearly functional again. Luckily, this time devan shell was actually defeated, and when he attempted to escape a rock fell on his head, killing him.

Jazz retrieved the wedding ring and then went for the surface. Shortly afterwards, Jazz married Eva, and Spaz found true love (until he realized it was his long lost sister, making his relationship incestual and very very gross).

And they all lived happily ever after, until the turtles got (urinated) off about devan being killed and attacked carrotus. The end.

Everything that happens after this should be detailed in the intro text to the level pack I'm releasing soon

Oh and TSF doesn't really have a plot, it's just Jazz Spaz and Lori deciding to run around carrotus killing peoples cats or something.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 7, 2005, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Here's what I always thought about Jazz2 areas:
Castle, Carrotus, Labrat - present
Colonius - colonisation times (bah)
Psych - a behind-reality land in the middle of Wormhole
Beach - pirates' times
Diamondus - shortly before Jazz1
Tubelectic - somewhere in not-so-distant past
Medivo - somewhere in future
Jungle - prehistory times
Inferno, Dam Nation - the beginning of planet Carrotus times

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 7, 2005, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?JSZ¿ JaZz!
According to a very very old site about JJ2 by Epic, Devan warped to the 70's because Jazz's parents were hippies and presumably they were in Psych.

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 08:39 AM
=o Didn't know about that page. Is there any archived version of it on the net?

Forgot to mention, I believe Inferno 1 is the Ice Age.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2005, 08:39 AM
Well, here it mentions Jazz's hippie parents, but not Psych specifically.

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 08:43 AM
White bg + lime text = ugh.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 7, 2005, 08:45 AM
About the last two episodes, I believe that Jazz and Spaz warped to pre-JJ1 Diamondus/etc because something went wrong in the time machine. As you can see, Tubelectric became a pinball machine/radio, it stopped raining in Medivo after a while, and the JJ1's first Diamondus level was all garbled and became the second Diamondus level. After that, Devan opens the gateway to hell (as his plans "go to blazes") and then he fights Jazz and Spaz. Then they win and they come back to Carrottus around tea time and have a barbecue.

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 08:52 AM
And notice that Tubelectric and, especially, Medivo look more damaged than in JJ1.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 08:56 AM
Quote:
And notice that Tubelectric looks more damaged than in JJ1.
Which I find pretty weird as JJ2's Tubelectric is most likely set before the semi conductor reactor explodes.

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 09:03 AM
The screenshots on Canadian's page are interesting aswell.

JCF Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 09:05 AM
Quote:
The screenshots on Canadian's page are interesting aswell.
All old.

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 09:08 AM
I knew someone would say that, but I'm too lazy to spend time searching for old JJ2 sites so I haven't seen them before.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2005, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Here's what I always thought about Jazz2 areas:
Castle, Carrotus, Labrat - present
Colonius - colonisation times (bah)
Beach - pirates' times
Diamondus - shortly before Jazz1
Tubelectic - somewhere in not-so-distant past
Jungle - prehistory times
Inferno, Dam Nation - the beginning of planet Carrotus times
Whoa. That's actually pretty interesting, I've never thought about all the different worlds actually being different time-zones.... heh, the only one I really recognized as a time-zone was Colonius. ^^;

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2005, 10:16 AM
I allways thought that the solar system Jazz flies trough only has about three or four planets with different zones.(It's very unlikely that a planet is fully covered with rainforest like rainforus in JJ1)

JCF Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmusic
I always thought that the solar system Jazz flies trough only has about three or four planets with different zones.(It's very unlikely that a planet is fully covered with rainforest like raneforus in JJ1)
gg you were wrong. \o/

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 7, 2005, 10:27 AM
Hast thou never watched Star Wars? D=

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 10:37 AM
That's like saying it's unlikely Mars is fully covered with desert or that Pluto is fully covered with ice.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2005, 10:38 AM
So you're saying that Epic stole the idea from Star Wars?

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2005, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Why not just medival ages..? fits the rest of your ideas. It ain't a futuristic world at all.

JCF Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 10:42 AM
Quote:
JJ1 is just as much of a Star Wars ripoff as JJA \o/
Nitro

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
EvilMike did you make that all up or is it based on any official plot?
I know the first line of the plot is "remember that story about the race with the tortoise and the hair?"
Nitro

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooba
JJ1 is just as much of a Star Wars ripoff as JJA \o/
Nonsense. JJA is way more of a rip off. And Star Wars (as much as i love it) in this case is a rip off of the universe and galaxies with planets and stars.
I don't think you could call something a rip off if it has a planet in it covered with the same landscape terrtain.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 7, 2005, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Eh.. no. It was just a sarcastic remark about Star Wars and stuff like that in general.
Of course it's true that planets like Mars only consist of one type of landscape, but they aren't much more than uninhabitable rocks anyway. There's not even water there. Or life for that matter. The JJ1 ( or Star Wars ) planets should technically be different since they are actually inhabitable, but oh well.

JCF Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
EvilMike did you make that all up or is it based on any official plot?
I know the first line of the plot is "remember that story about the race with the tortoise and the hair?"
I've only read bits of it, and it seems based off the official plot. Based being the key word.
There are horrible inconsistences, since when Jazz learned Eva was kidnapped he wasn't on carrotus(see:JJ1 manual comic), and he also wasn't in some turtle genocide mode since the first thing he did was go to an interglatatic bar and question people(see:JJ1 manual comic) most notably a turtle that grew up with Devan (Notable quote:Turtle:"I knew Devan as a bright guy with lots of wacko ideas, he had a big ego so he ussualy surronded himself with morons" Jazz:"And you said you two were close, right?" Turtle:"Shut up!"), he also decided to save Eva for the money(as noted in the quote "Think of the money I'll make off of merchendising alone!").
There were no drugs used in JJ2. As mentioned they warped around in time. Thats why the episode is called Flashback not LSD Trip. The only real reason the LSD theory would make sense is if JJ1 was an LSD trip and Jazz was having a flashback while in the middle of some beach. Which would make Jazz 1 an LSD trip meaning it never happened which would mean Devan would never have returned as the Daily Carrot headline in the order info proclaims. In fact, Jazz would have never been in the dungeon in the firstplace.
It's unknown if the Queen is dead, she looked perfectly fine going up those bricks, and wouldnt Eva be depressed if her mother died? I doubt she'd get married in a depression.
I doubt that Devan actually died. Since Jazz Jackrabbit 1 had some warner humor in the cutscenes, I can only guess that Devan works alot like Wile E. Coyote, in which he can get blown up, thrown off a cliff, and have a rock fall on his head and then

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2005, 01:03 PM
Quote:
I've only read bits of it, and it seems based off the official plot. Based being the key word.
There are horrible inconsistences, since when Jazz learned Eva was kidnapped he wasn't on carrotus(see:JJ1 manual comic), and he also wasn't in some turtle genocide mode since the first thing he did was go to an interglatatic bar and question people(see:JJ1 manual comic) most notably a turtle that grew up with Devan (Notable quote:Turtle:"I knew Devan as a bright guy with lots of wacko ideas, he had a big ego so he ussualy surronded himself with morons" Jazz:"And you said you two were close, right?" Turtle:"Shut up!"), he also decided to save Eva for the money(as noted in the quote "Think of the money I'll make off of merchendising alone!").
There were no drugs used in JJ2. As mentioned they warped around in time. Thats why the episode is called Flashback not LSD Trip. The only real reason the LSD theory would make sense is if JJ1 was an LSD trip and Jazz was having a flashback while in the middle of some beach. Which would make Jazz 1 an LSD trip meaning it never happened which would mean Devan would never have returned as the Daily Carrot headline in the order info proclaims. In fact, Jazz would have never been in the dungeon in the firstplace.
It's unknown if the Queen is dead, she looked perfectly fine going up those bricks, and wouldnt Eva be depressed if her mother died? I doubt she'd get married in a depression.
I doubt that Devan actually died. Since Jazz Jackrabbit 1 had some warner humor in the cutscenes, I can only guess that Devan works alot like Wile E. Coyote, in which he can get blown up, thrown off a cliff, and have a rock fall on his head and then
I am guessing Evil Mike's version of the story was meant to be amusing, which it did pretty well.

Perfectionist!

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 7, 2005, 01:04 PM
@Noob: Sarcasm D;

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Sep 7, 2005, 11:11 PM
some people just dont understand my artistic vision
Nitro

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2005, 03:54 AM
Quote:
and he also wasn't in some turtle genocide mode
He only has a genocide mode against Devan, and his goons under him. Jazz isn't racist against turtles. d:

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2005, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Why not just medival ages..? fits the rest of your ideas. It ain't a futuristic world at all.
There is no time travel in JJ1 and Medivo is also medieval there. I assume the names of planets were given by Galactic Rabbits, so when they discovered that planet, they noticed it looks middle age, and so called it Medivo. Imagine how Earth would look like if a disaster killed all life in middle age.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2005, 09:07 AM
Jazz may not be a genocidal maniac, but he doesn't excercise restraint on his missions. The JJ1 manual does say the Turtlettes (those little turtles that can't hurt you) are babies looking for something to eat. But really, except for the drug and genocide things, EvilMike's version is fairly accurate.
Oh, and I can't believe I missed this, but Devan doesn't actually die. At least, not if the unreleased JJ3 actually "happened".

Last edited by Iam Canadian; Sep 8, 2005 at 01:45 PM.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2005, 09:20 AM
Surely Eva wasn't originally Jazz's girlfriend? He was called upon the rabbits to rescue their princess.

JCF Veteran

Sep 8, 2005, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Canadian
Jazz may not be a genocidal maniac, but he doesn't excercise restraint on his missions. The JJ1 manual does say the Turtlettes (those little turtles that can't hurt you) are babies looking for something to eat. But really, except for the drug and genocide things, EvilMike's version is fairly accurate.
Mike missed a few minor parts described in the JJ1 comic, namely the fact that he was a soldier of fortune and that he possesed a spaceship already. He missed episodes ABCX too so =D

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2005, 10:42 AM
Those episodes were just an unimportant side story like TSF. Same with all the holiday hare episodes. The only plot I can really figure out is of HH98/CC, where santa got murdered by satan

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 8, 2005, 11:27 AM
It's creepy how "Santa" is an anagram of "Satan".

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Sep 8, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yep, and the Dutch are the blame... Sinterklaas wasn't supposed to leave The Netherlands...