Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit CD bug...

MasterRyu

JCF Member

MasterRyu is doing well so far

Jun 26, 2015, 07:54 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit CD bug...

Did Epic ever release a patch to fix the bouncers that make that one section of "Orbitus Level 2" extremely difficult to pass? I know there's supposedly a fan-made patch floating around, but I'm curious if there was ever an official patch to change the level to the non-CD state.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 26, 2015, 09:22 PM
lol nope

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jun 26, 2015, 11:10 PM
^ 8/8, gr8 post m8.

Anyway, there's no official patch for CD, and to be honest, the patch someone put up on J2O makes it too easy. I personally just fix it manually via J1E when necessary(Although I remember passing it unpatched once).

JCF Member

MasterRyu is doing well so far

Jun 27, 2015, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
^ 8/8, gr8 post m8.

Anyway, there's no official patch for CD, and to be honest, the patch someone put up on J2O makes it too easy. I personally just fix it manually via J1E when necessary(Although I remember passing it unpatched once).
Yeah, I just passed that level unpatched for the first time in the almost 20 years I've owned the full game last night, it of course involved toggling slow motion and some dumb luck. I don't understand how they could let such an obvious bug slide, should have released a quick fix onto a BBS somewhere or something. Playing on Hard, the game isn't exactly a cakewalk to begin with, but that was without a doubt the most frustrating sequence I've ever encountered in my ~25 years of gaming.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jun 29, 2015, 01:04 AM
hotfixes weren't really a thing back in 1994, but I agree that someone made a huge mistake by letting this issue slip by

when I played the game for the first time I would just use cheats at this part to pass it with a hoverboard and it STILL took me a good few tries

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jun 29, 2015, 03:00 AM
I passed this part legitly just once using slowdown mode, and never managed to do it again thereafter. Slowdown (Press T ingame) doesn't make the springs less sensitive or something, but at least gives you more time to perform those tight jumps.
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Aug 29, 2015, 11:40 AM
Y'know, I recently decided to replay JJ1CD all the way through, using no cheats. When I was young I always used the cheats so I could get through the levels and experience the game world without dying, and I realized that I had never actually beaten JJ1 legitimately beyond Episode 1.

And then I encountered that part of Orbitus. Yeah... after wasting a ton of time on that glitchy nightmare I gave in and gave myself a hover board to just get past the level. I never even realized that it was actually a bug that didn't exist in the original version of the game! Wonder what changed with the CD release, and why they didn't notice/fix it?

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Sep 13, 2015, 05:36 AM
Makes it painfully obvious that Jazz was just Epic's cash machine at the time.
StrikerTheHedgefox StrikerTheHedgefox's Avatar

JCF Member

StrikerTheHedgefox is doing well so far

Sep 15, 2015, 04:51 AM
Might be possible to overwrite the bugged level with the working version from the original release.

JCF Member

Sep 15, 2015, 11:42 AM
Good point; what exactly was the difference between the two anyway?

JCF Member

StrikerTheHedgefox is doing well so far

Sep 16, 2015, 07:18 AM
If I recall, there's an area you cannot get beyond if you don't use the hoverboard cheat. It's been ages since I last played Jazz CD, so the exact details of the specific area I can't remember.

JCF Member

Sep 16, 2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I know(And BTW, it is possible, just unfairly difficult), I mean specifically what was changed about the level.