Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Useful JCS Links & Frequently Answered Questions

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Mar 22, 2007, 02:21 PM
Useful JCS Links & Frequently Answered Questions

The JCS forum over time has become very cluttered with sticky threads. They are created for good reason, but eventually people stop paying attention to them and they just sort of hang there. In an attempt to make the forum more readable, I have unstickied a number of threads and linked them in this thread. I'm also going to include a bunch of other links here, since this seems a good place for them. New links may be added upon request. This thread will remain closed, so send all requests or comments via private message.

Useful LinksCompetitions (new entries should go at the top of this list; old ones may be removed)Community Projects (Old threads are linked for archival purposes. Please do not revive them without a really good reason.)Other Discussion
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I learn to make levels?
A: The first thing you should do is read the JCS help file. JCS is well-documented, and the help file contains all of the information you need to know. Pay attention especially to the hotkeys: they will save you a lot of time. After you have read the entire thing, the best thing you can do is just start making a level and experement. Look at good, popular levels and try to copy what they do right. This how I learned, and how countless other people learned.

Q: How do I make tilesets?
A: Again, the JCS help file contains a lot of useful information. Aside from that, I recommend visiting Disguise's Tileset Resource, which you can find in the links above.

Q: I saved a level using TSF JCS and now I can't get it to open in 1.23. What do I do?
A: There is a program that allows you to convert levels, which you can find here,but keep in mind that it is buggy and will take some effort on your part to get the level working. Still, it's better than nothing.

Q: The JCS help file won't work (or JCS crashes when I try to load it).
A: You should have a file called JCS.chm located in Jazz2\JCSHelp. If you don't have anything there, then I recommend reinstalling JJ2.

Last edited by EvilMike; Feb 8, 2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added a bunch of stuff
Closed Thread