Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Does anyone even play anymore?

Unknown1

JCF Member

Unknown1 is doing well so far

Nov 6, 2017, 06:59 PM
Does anyone even play anymore?

Hi, I have JJ2 plus and no one is joining my server and no one is playing... I'm just trying to play CTF with someone It's been a while

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 8, 2017, 02:33 AM
Hi there.

People are mostly playing the Bashes and JDC nowadays. The clan ladder has it's up and downs and currently it's definitely a down with matches brought up rarely.

However, that doesn't say there isn't anyone playing. As always, JJ2 appears to be at it's peak during the weekend evening hours (around CET timezones at least). Try finding some people in the Tests server, or if you just host battle someone named Jety is sure willing to dominate you.

And for hosting, be sure your network is properly configured for incoming connections. It appears that about any modern home router supports port 10052 better than many early-2000 ones did. JJ2+ supports different ports if required.

JCF Member

DJVee is doing well so far

Nov 12, 2017, 11:41 AM
This reminds me, I haven't jumped on since the Unniversary Bash. I blame real life! Be prepared to see a newbie player on a mediocre connection every once in a while! :P

The thing that seems like the community really needs from an relative outsider's perspective is Jazz on digital storefronts. That's really obvious, I know, haha. It would probably do a lot of good to schedule an impromptu celebration event if and when the games ever make it online, though!

The only issue about that that I could see is making everything vanilla friendly for the rush of newcomers, but I can't imagine it would be too much trouble, and advertising Plus throughout the event would fix several issues. Heck, just having two servers for vanilla and Plus would avoid this problem entirely.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 14, 2017, 07:43 AM
Well, with the latest Plus update there's an installer and people not using Plus will see it advertised in the server list, so I'm not sure there's much more to do on that front. Of course the trick is getting people to play the game in the first place... and JJ2 appearing in one of the big online stores would certainly help with that. So, fingers crossed (as they have been for the past decade or so).

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 18, 2017, 01:57 PM
I don't really play competitively anymore but I'm gladly up for some casual games now and again. Still JCSing too

JCF Member

WaterRabbit is doing well so far

Dec 2, 2017, 03:48 PM
Now that it's available on GOG there might be a bit of an increase.