Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ Suggestions

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 11, 2015, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Uh, shouldn't the left anim and the right anim have the same rhytum? Or speed? Idk how to put it... DOH
The powered one has a few more frames, to make it loop better. When it had the same amount of frames as the normal one, the animation look cut off.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Feb 11, 2015, 11:08 PM
Not an important one, but while colouring your name; you have all the colours that are used in rabbit fur except for violet. Would be nice if its possible to add violet colour support in texts.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 12, 2015, 12:03 AM
It's not really possible to add purple text without either making it too complicated or without removing backwards compatibility.
GoldRabbit

JCF Member

GoldRabbit is an asset to this forumGoldRabbit is an asset to this forum

Feb 12, 2015, 03:26 PM
Not necessarily a feature I'd use, but how about a menu where you'd select the default colour you'd like to chat in?
because everybody plays the game this way

saints especially

JCF Member

Feb 13, 2015, 01:12 AM
Needs some work in "/run on" command.
Like if run is enabled, holding the run button will make the character walk. Because its quite annoying to rewrite "/run off" to walk.

Note that turning Caps on does the same but then all the chats become Capital letters which most of us will consider as shouting. So I guess the run command needs fix.

Also make a command "/teamchat on/off" for making teamchats without holding shift+T. In this case, when teamchat is enabled: holding shift+T should make it normal chat.

JCF Member

Feb 13, 2015, 08:22 AM
Also, any plans to restore unused SFX? If I remember correctly, there are a lot of sounds that went unused, especially in Lori's case.

saints especially

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 13, 2015, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
Also, any plans to restore unused SFX? If I remember correctly, there are a lot of sounds that went unused, especially in Lori's case.
I think the Lori sounds were unused for a good reason;

1. The Lori on mic samples sounds like they were going to be used for an animated TSF intro, but it never got completed.
2. The touch Lori sounds, sound like sexual harrassment.

You can check out the unused sound effects in Angelscript.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ
GoldRabbit

JCF Member

Feb 13, 2015, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
I think the Lori sounds were unused for a good reason;

1. The Lori on mic samples sounds like they were going to be used for an animated TSF intro, but it never got completed.
2. The touch Lori sounds, sound like sexual harrassment.

You can check out the unused sound effects in Angelscript.
I know, I have them all in my folder, but it's a lot to listen to. I've listened to Lori's and you're right, but I can't give you any other example of unused sound effects right now.

saints especially

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Feb 13, 2015, 09:53 AM
Rapiers have an entire set of original unused sounds, Bilsy has a couple, there's the stoned sound that's never played, and pretty sure neither is the fan sound. The glove sound is obviously unused because so is the glove. I think several other objects have unused sounds too, I believe Bolly and Uterus bosses have one each and there are probably more I missed, for example I'm not entirely convinced Devan plays the entire set of his sounds but I didn't actually check. We might someday let some of them play, probably those whose purpose is clear and won't require changing game mechanics, but it sounds like something we'd do when extremely bored.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 13, 2015, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
Fireball will be a lot more fun in 5.0.

JCF Member

Feb 13, 2015, 02:32 PM
When Spaz shoots horizontally the fire colour remains the real one (Yellow coloured burst). But when he shoots vertically, then his fire colour becomes that of his gun colour. This should be fixed too.

(By fire I meant while shooting with any gun like blaster; the lighting occuring at the gun)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 13, 2015, 03:02 PM
SAMI, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of but wouldn't be very hard to change.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Feb 14, 2015, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
SAMI, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of but wouldn't be very hard to change.
awesome! I just can't wait to see what visual updates 5.0 gives us!

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2015, 11:04 AM
Like mouse aim, we should also have an option to shoot diagonally via keyboard, not just with mouse.

Btw, will there be a option to choose frame rate manually?

JCF Veteran

Feb 14, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
Like mouse aim, we should also have an option to shoot diagonally via keyboard, not just with mouse.
How would this be any easier than using the mouse

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2015, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
It wouldn't be hard to make animations though.The 1.23 library has animations of Jazz and Spaz shooting diagonaly while running. If we change the lower body half so it looks like they're standing and not running (which isn't that hard lol ;p), we can make a diagonal shooting animation and it can act like the diagonal frog licking (up+right+fire=diagonal shoot). The problem is the Lori animation.

JCF Member

Feb 14, 2015, 09:59 PM
Quote:
This may never be easier than a mouse. But you must understand that some most of us [Atleast me] don't prefer using mouse. And I've already explained why I hate using mouse here. But that wasn't my point, shooting diagonally with keyboard would be fun too [Ofcourse it should be optional]. And yeah, having diagonal shooting animations would be great.

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2015, 03:08 PM
Quote:
This may never be easier than a mouse. But you must understand that some most of us [Atleast me] don't prefer using mouse. And I've already explained why I hate using mouse here. But that wasn't my point, shooting diagonally with keyboard would be fun too [Ofcourse it should be optional]. And yeah, having diagonal shooting animations would be great.
On the other hand though, diagonal shooting (while standing still) WASN'T suposed to be in the game (although, some of the JJ2+ features weren't supposed to be in as well ;p), so i think we should add things that were actually planned to be added, but got scraped. Again, I said this a milion times:
SHOOTING UP WHILE IN THE AIR FOR THE WIN.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 15, 2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Btw, will there be a option to choose frame rate manually?
Sort of!

I'm just going to say that 5.0 is pretty close to feature-complete at this point, aside from a few specific enhancements that still need some more work, so there's not much chance of anything big getting suggested and implemented in the time remaining. Most of what's going on these days is testing (JDC helps with that), bug fixing, and documentation and/or example levels. That said, I'd be open to feedback about existing features that you feel could be easier to use, more intuitive, whatever. A lot of the documentation is honestly pretty bad, and if there are specific sections you'd like rewritten to be more clear, sing out. Or if there are complicated AngelScript things you think it'd be worth providing shortcuts for, that'd be cool too. Menu items that should be moved around. Names that aren't quite accurate. That sort of thing.

JCF Member

Feb 15, 2015, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Quote:
I had original Demo version which I lost back in 2008. But anyway, I found a difference with Full version and Demo:

When you touch the smokes of caterpillar in the demo version and get dizzy: the screen hue changes continuously in a smooth fading way. But I never saw this in Full version [I can't remember about original Full version as I lost it and now I've a downloaded copy].

Edit: Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I find no reason to make a thread for only one simple thing.
SAMI, it does that in 8-bit color in the full version, but not 16-bit.
Since, 5.0 is nearly completed, there's no need to rush to implement more new features. But we can still suggest for 5.1 or 6.0, right? So I think in the later plus version; this thing I said in the quote [About hue changing] should be implemented in 16-Color mode. I can't remember if in Demo version it was in 16-bit or not, I'll test it again.

JCF Member

Feb 16, 2015, 03:00 AM
What SAMI said, you could use our sugggestions in future versions. I won't suggest anything right now since I'm positive for 5.0 to come out.

JCF Member

Feb 16, 2015, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
On the other hand though, diagonal shooting (while standing still) WASN'T suposed to be in the game (although, some of the JJ2+ features weren't supposed to be in as well ;p), so i think we should add things that were actually planned to be added, but got scraped. Again, I said this a milion times:
SHOOTING UP WHILE IN THE AIR FOR THE WIN.
But then we need to have ability to shoot down while in the air aswell. But pressing down will make you butt stomp. So we need one extra button which if we hold and then shoot down by pressing down button, it will shoot down other than butt stomping.

JCF Member

Feb 16, 2015, 06:31 AM
Quote:
But then we need to have ability to shoot down while in the air aswell. But pressing down will make you butt stomp. So we need one extra button which if we hold and then shoot down by pressing down button, it will shoot down other than butt stomping.
I see no purpose for this since the buttstomp will make you destroy everything below you.

JCF Member

Feb 16, 2015, 07:08 AM
Only incase your suggestion was implemented which was shooting up while in the air. Getting shot while butt stomping won't let you stomp your opponent. That's why I said it.

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2015, 04:02 AM
Probably not the good thread or time to ask this but... Are there any JJ2+ updates we don't know about?

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Feb 19, 2015 at 10:09 PM. Reason: grammar error

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 19, 2015, 11:18 AM
No, the "Latest Changes" list in the readme should be a pretty comprehensive list of releases.

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2015, 03:33 AM
Also, the corspes of rabbits vanishes after the animations of death are completed. But it would be fun to see the dead bodies still visible during the game. Maybe too much dead bodies may cause lags, in that case we should be able to set the dead bodies limit in "plus.ini" like if we set it to 10; then if there are 11 dead bodies, the first dead body would disappear.

I don't know if its possible, but it would be fun to see dead bodies [In this case Spazz's dead body should only have the shoe left with smokes coming out from it, and so on]

I don't know how it came up to my mind but I think the dead bodies were visible in Shareware version splitscreen battle [Not sure, but I feel like it was.]

JCF Veteran

Feb 22, 2015, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Also, the corspes of rabbits vanishes after the animations of death are completed. But it would be fun to see the dead bodies still visible during the game. Maybe too much dead bodies may cause lags, in that case we should be able to set the dead bodies limit in "plus.ini" like if we set it to 10; then if there are 11 dead bodies, the first dead body would disappear.

I don't know if its possible, but it would be fun to see dead bodies [In this case Spazz's dead body should only have the shoe left with smokes coming out from it, and so on]

I don't know how it came up to my mind but I think the dead bodies were visible in Shareware version splitscreen battle [Not sure, but I feel like it was.]
This is already done in the next release.

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2015, 04:31 AM
Glad to know, thanks for the info

Nice to see many significant updates in the next release.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Feb 22, 2015, 06:06 AM
Quote:
This is already done in the next release.
Damn, I can't wait to see the new update! What's taking so much time?

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 22, 2015, 06:15 AM
Making sure the game doesn't blow up in your face when you install the new patch.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Feb 22, 2015, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Making sure the game doesn't blow up in your face when you install the new patch.
I'm ok with that :P

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2015, 09:13 AM
Quote:
I don't know how it came up to my mind but I think the dead bodies were visible in Shareware version splitscreen battle
I know for a fact that it's present in splitscreen Co-Op.

JCF Member

burnout92 is doing well so far

Feb 22, 2015, 01:02 PM
What do you think about the 32-bit color mode? I think it's a nice idea.

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2015, 01:20 PM
Nice idea indeed. But pretty much useless if the colour limit is still 256. If that limit can be changed so that we can use 32 bit tilesets, sprites, only then its useful.

(Colour limit/aka pallete limit)

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Feb 23, 2015, 06:25 AM
Oh, hey Burnout! Nice to see you back here.

32-bit colour has been discussed before, and IIRC, the general response is that it would be very hard to get working.

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2015, 01:41 PM
You too Robo!

But can be possible to insert the 32-bit mode to the game?

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2015, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout92 View Post
You too Robo!

But can be possible to insert the 32-bit mode to the game?
Even if it was possible, what SAMI said. There is no point of 32-bit color mode since the game uses the 256 color pallete.

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2015, 02:12 PM
Even if you make HD models? I saw in this thread a thought about of the HD models.

JCF Veteran

Feb 23, 2015, 02:12 PM
There are no models in JJ2