Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Just like back in the pre-Win3.1 days...

Xion

JCF Veteran

Xion is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2003, 01:58 PM
/me gives a thumbs up

Find: A De Rol Le
--If: De Rol Le = Found
----Then: Give it to Araches as a pet for her birthday.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 9, 2003, 02:12 PM
Careful, they'll expect you to give them presents... well, maybe not Araches.

I wouldn't think Pandora would be disliking the invisible gremlins... seeing as she had given the Trading Post several of her things (as part of this grand puzzle). And no matter how much you like cars, what use are car keys without any "Summon Car" buttons on them if you're about to die?
It looks like a suicide, which works nicely with the fact she seemed to die right after the puzzle got set up. Either that, or a fake Pandora's Skeleton...
(Look suspiciously at Araches)
How long ago did Pandora die (if she did)? Long enough for there to be a skeleton, but not long enough for the Trading Post to trade away all of her things. Of course, some things may have been traded... the island seems a center of unusual activity (Acid and Spazzyman battling to the death, for example). Could someone else be trying to solve Pandora's Puzzle?
This theory has strength lent to it by the fact at least two people seem to have been on the island fairly recently, besides your party. The clone in the car, and whoever put wax in the keyhole. And why did Araches and the other gay magician (should find out who that was sometime) happen to be right nearby the island?
For that matter, if they were on the same boat, why did Araches want you to defeat the other one? Rival Puzzle Solvers? This could explain why she was quite willing to come along.
Or Araches could be Pandora. She has a mind of 80%, and Radium won't give out her actual age. Which doesn't mean too much, as there's no actual evidence Pandora 'died' too long ago... the skeleton could easily be a plant. Your knowledge of who Pandora was all comes from Araches (who said Pandora was hot... ego pumping?), who could easily be misleading you.
But why? What would the motive be? Is Pandora/Araches still in the process of creating the puzzle, and using you three as unknowing assistants?
(Unknowing? Fawriel has had a while with Araches without being watched, and appeared rather out of nowhere himself. Is there any evidence this "Blackraptor" exists? Just a dream and Faw's confused word... and seeing as you all know something about berries, was Faw trying to get you and L33tz4n out of the way with the Nocake?)
Or of course, Araches might simply be creating this elaborate deception to remove her enemies... you've already defeated this Clone person, who was waxlocked in by an unknown person (which could be Araches/Pandora herself... is that how he got her shoe? They were fighting?), and this other gay magician Araches seems not to have liked. And Acid and Spazzyman, both of whom seem to have at least a little magic, died.

I am, by the way, quite willing to believe any of the above is wrong, assuming there's a reason for it to be. Most of it is just idle speculation, and contradicts itself anyway. But I don't trust Araches.

Page claim for L33tz4n.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Sep 9, 2003 at 03:10 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2003, 02:17 PM
Wow. Long post... impressive. o_o

Faw appeared out of a fight of Gods, which ended in Rad winning because it's HIS story. =P

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2003, 02:18 PM
>((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I love how my map uploaded fine but glitched up immediatly upon viewing.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 02:22 PM
"glitched up"? You mean Geocities' problem with posting images on other sites?
Xion

JCF Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 02:29 PM
Good points, Inf.

Anyways, L33tz4n is yours, I want araches/pandora no matter her sexuallity. XD

(And I have proof, don't make me dig it up.)

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 02:32 PM
The map was far lower quality than it was when I uploaded it, so I converted it into .zip
http://www.geocities.com/bstratn/PreWinMap.zip

Quote:
Anyways, L33tz4n is yours
Uhhh thanks, but I would rather not go out with Radium's imagination.

*Laughs nervously*

*Hopes nobody takes this seriously*
*Hopes Xion isn't serious*

Last edited by Strato; Sep 9, 2003 at 02:43 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:02 PM
But it's a smart, 1337 and cute imagination!

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:04 PM
I hope with "it" you were referring to L33tz4n.. not anything containing the word "Radium" or any form thereof.. o_o;;

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 9, 2003, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
I wouldn't think Pandora would be disliking the invisible gremlins... seeing as she had given the Trading Post several of her things (as part of this grand puzzle)
When you die, and have no will, the phrase "giving" is irrlevent.
Quote:
And no matter how much you like cars, what use are car keys without any "Summon Car" buttons on them if you're about to die?
Button, button. Does everything need a button? What happened to "conventional" magic?
Quote:
How long ago did Pandora die (if she did)? Long enough for there to be a skeleton, but not long enough for the Trading Post to trade away all of her things. Of course, some things may have been traded... the island seems a center of unusual activity (Acid and Spazzyman battling to the death, for example). Could someone else be trying to solve Pandora's Puzzle?
It is unknown how long ago Pandora died. The island remains a place of randomisim due to most the food being laced with Noberries. And so what if the Trading Post trades all her stuff away? The island is built as a giant trap, if you buy something from the Trading Post, they'll just have it back when you die.
Quote:
This theory has strength lent to it by the fact at least two people seem to have been on the island fairly recently, besides your party. The clone in the car, and whoever put wax in the keyhole. And why did Araches and the other gay magician (should find out who that was sometime) happen to be right nearby the island?
For that matter, if they were on the same boat, why did Araches want you to defeat the other one? Rival Puzzle Solvers? This could explain why she was quite willing to come along.
Of course someone else was here, the Minions. The clone could've just been a Minion who ate a noberry. Who knows how many had attempted solving the puzzles.
Quote:
Or Araches could be Pandora. She has a mind of 80%, and Radium won't give out her actual age. Which doesn't mean too much, as there's no actual evidence Pandora 'died' too long ago... the skeleton could easily be a plant. Your knowledge of who Pandora was all comes from Araches (who said Pandora was hot... ego pumping?), who could easily be misleading you.
I have other plans for Araches. For now, she's just a sorceress who was travelling on a boat. Does she need a reason?
Quote:
(Unknowing? Fawriel has had a while with Araches without being watched, and appeared rather out of nowhere himself. Is there any evidence this "Blackraptor" exists? Just a dream and Faw's confused word... and seeing as you all know something about berries, was Faw trying to get you and L33tz4n out of the way with the Nocake?)
Or of course, Araches might simply be creating this elaborate deception to remove her enemies... you've already defeated this Clone person, who was waxlocked in by an unknown person (which could be Araches/Pandora herself... is that how he got her shoe? They were fighting?), and this other gay magician Araches seems not to have liked. And Acid and Spazzyman, both of who seem to have at least a little magic, died.
Acid and Spazzyman were spawns of randomisim. Faw is not in on anything. You can tell when Faw is lieing because he pees his pants. Regardless, trusting Araches is fine for now, as is Faw. You already know you can trust L33tz4n.

Speaking of L33tz4n, Xion insists InfiniteSpaz would want to see this anime-rip-off picture of L33tz4n: I swear the whip is for hitting the bad guys. Warning: More nekkid Minions.

I actually liked her better with the longer nose.

Last edited by Radium; Feb 9, 2004 at 05:47 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:21 PM
*waits for Xion to tell L33tz4n what a bad, bad guy he is*

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 03:22 PM
!!! Uhh...uhm...meh.

She seems a bit...muscular, and her hair is a bit strange. As for the whip and pose...uhh...uhm...meh. I really liked her better with a longer nose. And why is she under spot lights. Otherwise I like it

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:24 PM
Heheheh, maybe it would look a bit more THREATENING if the whip wasn't hanging around her body like that! XD

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Of course someone else was here, the Minions. The clone could've just been a Minion who ate a noberry. Who knows how many had attempted solving the puzzles.
Which doesn't explain why this Noberry Minion of yours was locked in. He could have gone through the hole in the gate during the night, but there's the problem all the minions got killed.
Your party has spent at least one night - maybe two - since the minions died, so I can only assume it came to the car before then. That's a while to live without food.
(Noberry effects last about 10 minutes. Quite a coincidence that this Noberry Minion of yours ate the Noberry right before you arrived)

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:30 PM
Of course it's muscular, it's an anime rip off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
Heheheh, maybe it would look a bit more THREATENING if the whip wasn't hanging around her body like that! XD
If Derby complained about that, Xion told me to say "My inspiration for the whip placement was Ivy from Soul Calibur".

Yes, Unknown, the coincidences are tons of fun.

Now back on topic.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:42 PM
Back on topic? The island is explored, the minions defeated, the Snufuss killed, Google removed, Spot Place investigated... nobody knows where Blackraptor is!
So I'll leave that to Inf.

Ask L33tz4n (as unthreateningly as possible) how long a Minion can live without food.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:44 PM
She can't say she's ever tried.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 03:44 PM
"You can tell when Faw is lieing because he pees his pants." Thanks for the sig quote.

Anyways...

Analyze: car
--Analasis type: Through. I want to know everything learnable about it: The type of interior, The features on the console, the engine itself, any signifigant marks, the Licence plate number (if any) and anything else you think signifigant.

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 03:45 PM
New map is 10% done, with more natural layout, rivers, a few locations added, 2 forests have been located, and some extra stuff.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:47 PM
I should really start learning how to hack certain people...

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:47 PM
Watch peacefully the rapidly changing countryside.
Look for trees possible useful objects.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 03:48 PM
Wonders what faw meant...

Message ^

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
"You can tell when Faw is lieing because he pees his pants." Thanks for the sig quote.
^answer.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:50 PM
Quote:
I want to know everything learnable about it: The type of interior, The features on the console, the engine itself, any signifigant marks...
See? That's the kind of person who'd drown trying to get car keys.

The car is a black convertable with gold trim along the edges. The console has all the buttons standard on a car in addition to the switch. The interior is sheep-skin lined. The engine is 256 piston thanks to warp-matrix technology, or using dimention portals to store large amounts of stuff in a small area.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 03:50 PM
When you do, try and hack furcadia for rad. Rad is completely computer illiterate, so he needs somebody to do his dirty work.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Rad is completely computer illiterate, so he needs somebody to do his dirty work.
My mouse has reached the edge of my mousepad, does anyone know a website to help me?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:52 PM
There's a difference between drowning from trying to get car keys, and still trying to get them after realizing you are drowning.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 03:54 PM
I really like drawing maps.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:55 PM
Quote:
There's a difference between drowning from trying to get car keys, and still trying to get them after realizing you are drowning.
You aren't taking into account the volcano above her.

L33tz4n is getting bored of driving in circles. She skims the Infinite Map and asks "What is thi5 'Sp0t Place'?"
Xion

JCF Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 03:56 PM
hrm...

Large amounts of stuff in small areas?

Could this same technology be used on other objects, or has this just been done on the Engine?

Also, the switch I assume is for the convertible top?

Check: Car: Glove compartment
--Anything in there?

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 03:58 PM
Only for the engine. And no, the switch is for the rocket engine. Someone stole the convertable top. And the glove compartment is empty.

Why don't we go somewhere?

JCF Éminence Grise

Xion: The Inventory. And the switch is Car/Rocket, I believe.

"It's a dot to the northeast of the island..."
Strato

JCF Member

Nobody knows what the spot place is, but I got a map of it laying around somewhere in my room.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Sep 9, 2003, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Check: Car: Glove compartment
My guess is that you passed this up because you don't want to give a smart-allick remark to this?

Go ahead.

Say we found them.

"You found Pandora's Gloves!"

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 04:01 PM
I edited it. Check again. Then do something interesting.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 04:02 PM
Let's go to somewhat southwest of the Spot Place!

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 04:06 PM
You flick the switch on the dashboard and the wheels fold in, turning to Anti-Gravity pads. Rockets unfold from the back, and the car speeds off to the northeast. Stopping a bit before you reach the Spot Place, you see a ladder hanging from the sky about a mile ahead, next to a rubber raft.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
You flick the switch on the dashboard and the wheels fold in, turning to Anti-Gravity pads. Rockets unfold from the back, and the car speeds off to the northeast. Stopping a bit before you reach the Spot Place, you see a ladder hanging from the sky about a mile ahead, next to a rubber raft.
I thought Araches was driving.

Suddenly wonder what happened to MasterRaft.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2003, 04:08 PM
Disembark

Analyze : Raft
Analyze : Ladder

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 9, 2003, 04:09 PM
You reached over her shoulder for the switch. And the MasterRaft was destroyed on page 1 or 2.

You exit the car and step onto the raft. The raft is floating in the middle of the water, though still in sight of the island. A paper sign on the ladder reads "To Upper Placespot". Another sign on the raft says "Lower Placespot, aka Atlantis, will rise above the seas again soon." The ladder goes into the sky as far as you can see before dissapearing into the clouds.