Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

xjj2 problems

Rithas

JCF Member

Rithas is doing well so far

Aug 1, 2004, 07:02 AM
xjj2 problems

I hate that my first thread on these forums is asking for help, but here goes. Please note I've read through the entire FAQ, looked through the articles, did searches of the forum and elsewhere, and I cannot find a solution to this problem.

I want to run online co op games. So as the FAQ said, I got xjj2. I installed it into the same directory as jazz2. When I run it and get to the end and click "finish" I get this error:

Winsock error #11004 occured. A description of this error is: Valid name, no data record of requested type.

OK, FAQ says I need MS Winsock Control and a VB file. Simple enough. Click the DL links, and they don't work. So off I go to try and find these files myself. I found the VB one easily enough, but the Winsock one was a bit more tricky. Finally I found this:

http://www.soft32.com/download_64964.html

I get it, install into C:\WINDOWS\System folder like the FAQ says I need to, try again. This time I get a different error saying either I didn't install xjj2 into the directory with the game, or can't connect to network. Now, having been trying to start the program from a shortcut I go to the main file in the directory and try. Once more I get the winsock error. And to top it off, the link to the xjj2 website listed in the program itself doesn't work.

So, can anyone help me with what I need to do/get to either get this program to work, or play co op online in some other way?

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Aug 1, 2004, 05:15 PM
Try this. Problem solved.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.