Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Feature Request The possibility of having multiple pages at the episode select screen

Gagster

JCF Member

Gagster has disabled reputation

Jan 16, 2023, 01:05 PM
The possibility of having multiple pages at the episode select screen

As I've read, Jazz2 supposedly don't support more than 8 episodes (that's including the home cooked levels section) on the episode select screen. As Jazz2+ (as far as I know) is only a set of tools that runs on top of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (not a source port) could it be possible to somehow add more pages to the episode select screen?

I have no idea if this is a theoretical possibility without actually having the source code of Jazz2, it's just that the home cooked levels section can easily become very crowded. It's just that it feels so much more convenient to just select a set of quality custom levels from the episode select screen instead of digging in the home cooked levels section.

My current workaround as of today is to have several folders of Jazz2+ with each having different episode files installed.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 16, 2023, 02:55 PM
JJ2+ already supports unlimited episodes. They're currently all displayed on one page and I'm not sure we have a desire to change that. We might introduce some layout changes if level designers begin using episode files enough to warrant them. Currently very few downloads contain episode files.

If your use case is fast access, instead of going out of your way to create custom episode files for every level you like, which sounds like a lot of effort, you might want to consider adding levels to favorites in the Home Cooked Levels menu - that's what that feature is for. Levels added to favorites will appear at the top of the list.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
Gagster

JCF Member

Gagster has disabled reputation

Jan 16, 2023, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply; I had no idea that Jazz2+ supported unlimited episodes. I don't really mind if their all displayed on one page, my suggestion for multiple pages was that I thought the 8 episode limit applied to Jazz2+ as well, thereby adding more pages could bypass that limit.

I didn't know about the option for adding favorites in the home cooked levels menu. Well, I guess that I'm fine with how it works as of now with Jazz2+ then.