Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Playthrough

JCF Member

Bartjaah is doing well so far

Nov 13, 2015, 03:50 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Playthrough

Hi!

I'm Bart, a big Jazz2 fan since 1998 (and ofc. 94'). I've played all the versions of the game and even got a rolling Demo I think no-one has (if you want to take a look at it, let me know!). My uncle worked at Project Two and it had some perks. I used to go by the name of 'DoubleU' in Jazz2 Online back in 99/2002, somewhere around that era. I even built some tilesets that I'm not proud of and hundreds of levels. I'm still an active member of the Jazz2 community and am visiting this site at least monthly. I just don't reply much.

Maybe you have heard of my Youtube channel. On my channel I post new retrogaming gameplay footage daily, mostly PC-games. Two days ago I started posting Jazz Jackrabbit 2 videos in HD quality/60fps. I was wondering if you guys could give an allround opinion on these videos (quality, gameplay, etc)! At the bottom of this post I'll share a few Jazz Jackrabbit related links (I can't share youtube videos here somehow). Around christmas I will be sharing Holiday Hare '98 (Played with Spaz) and Christmas Chronicles (played with Jazz) playthrough videos too. And perhaps somewhere around Easter I can share the playthrough of The Secret Files (Played with Lori)

Jazz Jackrabbit CD
Jazz Jackrabbit Holiday Hare '94
Jazz Jackrabbit Holiday Hare '95
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Playlist (adding videos every day)

Thank you for watching and reading!
Bart a.k.a. Double U

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 13, 2015, 04:03 AM
Welcome back! I'll check your YT channel later on PC, But I'm definitely interested in seeing that rolling demo, be it for nostalgia and preservation. Maybe share the files somewhere? At least then you're not 'reselling' it, lol. I may've seen it running once on a demo PC in a computer store around 1998-ish. I first thought it was the actual game that played the regular macro's, but keyboard controls didn't respond. Either way, I'd love to see that demo running!

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Welcome back! I'll check your YT channel later on PC, But I'm definitely interested in seeing that rolling demo, be it for nostalgia and preservation. Maybe share the files somewhere? At least then you're not 'reselling' it, lol. I may've seen it running once on a demo PC in a computer store around 1998-ish. I first thought it was the actual game that played the regular macro's, but keyboard controls didn't respond. Either way, I'd love to see that demo running!

Thank you! Let me know what you think of the Jazz videos on my channel (I'm sure you'll find loads of other stuff that you'll love to see or forgot about!). The channel got over 1200 gameplay videos at this moment, growing every week, haha.

I have to go and look where the Rolling Demo's are, but I'll get into it right now! I know where they are so let me dig them up for you. Any ideas on whats the best location to share it so everyone can enjoy it? Will it be legal to share it (Not that I really care if it's legal or not, but I don't want to disobey any rules here).

Bart.

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 05:45 AM
Look what I found in some cardboard boxes. This is my Jazz Jackrabbit collection (Not the shirt, I still ofcourse wear that occasionly).

And yes, that's a orange yo-yo with Jazz2 on it.

I've made an ISO file of the PC CD Rom Rolling Demo, including an awesome scan.

Last edited by Bartjaah; Nov 13, 2015 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Better picture of better quality, lower res and added scan

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 07:25 AM
That's a nice collection you got there! Some rare pieces too, I thought only Sven kept the yoyo all this time: http://www.jazz2online.com/pictures/2345/jj2-yoyo/

Here's my less impressive yet still good JJ collection: http://www.jazz2online.com/pictures/...w-shirt-owner/

For now, could you upload the demo ISO to WeTransfer.com? You can just enter your own email as sender and receiver, and PM me the link you get on this forum. It'll be online there for a week.

I don't think sharing it is illegal, as it's basically just a promotional item given to store owners to create interest, and by no means meant as the commercial game, hence the 'not for resale' tag. But to be safe, just ask Stijn or Torkell here before sharing the link publicly.

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 08:07 AM
Nice collection, I don't think I have my JJ2CC anymore (I had a copy of a friend) and I haven't seen my Battery Check (that I got at the Dekamarkt for 10 empty batteries) for years. Great collection! I like the shirt! Is it from the Epic Store?

Please if you copy this, or upload it somewhere or share it in anyway, could you credit me for it? Thanks in advance and have fun with it, I hope someday someone can dig through this version and find more hidden stuff (like the stuff on 'The Cutting Floor') in there.

Here's the WeTransfer link to the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - PC CD Rom - ROLLING DEMO.

Enjoy,
Bart.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 13, 2015, 08:14 AM
Quote:
But to be safe, just ask Stijn or Torkell here before sharing the link publicly.
Fine with me. Great find!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 13, 2015, 09:51 AM
There is some awesome stuff in here.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 13, 2015, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartjaah View Post
Hi!

I'm Bart, a big Jazz2 fan since 1998 (and ofc. 94'). I've played all the versions of the game and even got a rolling Demo I think no-one has (if you want to take a look at it, let me know!).
I begged an electronics store employee for this in February 1998 and he gave it to me . Two known copies so far, anyone else?

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
There is some awesome stuff in here.
Yeah and I got 12 moving boxes filled up with this kind of stuff. All of it is awesome.

Violet, you may remember me, I remember you from back in the day, we have had a little contact (not sure what about) on MSN then. You may remember me as Double U or Bartje_remje[@]msn[dot]com.

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartjaah View Post
I like the shirt! Is it from the Epic Store?
Yep, it's normally available here though it's apparently sold out at the moment.. I deem your t-shirt more special though, as yours accompanied the game release instead of being a retro product.

And thanks for posting the demo! Will check it out later tonight!

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2015, 03:21 PM
Quote:
I deem your t-shirt more special though, as yours accompanied the game release instead of being a retro product.
Nope, it wasn't. I had it print online at some cheap store. So your's more legit then mine since it came from Epic and I just sent out a alpha-transparant PNG to some cheap online t-shirt store in Amsterdam that had nothing to do with the game, but no-one notices that (and yeah, the color purple aced it. Coincidence)

Quote:
And thanks for posting the demo! Will check it out later tonight!
Yeah! Awesome, it's nothing, because you can only sit and watch (with after every two levels the ending cinematic, which gives the end away already in the demo, that's weird). Don't forget to check out my youtube channel (with the Jazz2 videos too), that was what this topic originally was all about Please let me know what you think of it!

Bart.