PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty to animals?

Kaz
Jun 25, 2001, 06:41 AM
Is Possum going to have different HP for some players, or percentages, or hearts (not the most preferred considering weapons and their importance for difference)? And which will it use?

a) The hit continusly method to where if you have rapid fire it's a good thing.

b) The hit and blink method to where the victim has a chance of running.

EvilMike
Jun 25, 2001, 12:35 PM
I don't like that hit and blink thing. It slows down the gameplay.

~SPLASH~
Jun 25, 2001, 12:49 PM
they should turn glowing red, not blinking! blinking is borinnnnnng! :P

Derby
Jun 25, 2001, 04:14 PM
I believe scores should be set by hit points instead of kills; it isn't really fair if you chase someone down to four hearts, and he kills himself, or bumps into someone else's bullet at the very end. If you hurt someone, you should at least get a little credit for it. In any case, the traditional system of kills works better, but this could be a viable option of gameplay that could be checked and unchecked by the user.

The flashing mechanism is the better one to go with. Lower-end connection users would get massacred if all shots were allowed at all times. Flashing allows for tactical operations to be used with enough time.

EvilMike
Jun 25, 2001, 04:43 PM
I dislike the flashing idea completely. I do not think there should be anything like that, and that people should be able to get hit multiple times with no pause in between hits. If there *HAS* to be a feature like that, I hope it is no more than a second.

Kaz
Jun 25, 2001, 06:38 PM
And that's why we should also have the percentages or hit points with it... A seeker laser or something could only take off 1.5%, you can rapid fire it, but you'll only get about 75% off them even if they all hit.

Newspaz
Jul 2, 2001, 02:53 AM
I'd like percents for the health :). Like Captain Claw uses them. Oh man.. that game plays so incredibly good.

Electric Ir
Jul 7, 2001, 02:35 AM
Percent healt is alot better then hearts or something..

URNinjaNW
Sep 15, 2001, 05:28 AM
I'm with ya all the way evilmike

I hate the hit and blink crap.

One minute im in a duel and winning

and i hit my oppoent and then cant do anything

then it lags out and the only way i can hit him is with yellow seekers!

FireSworD
Sep 15, 2001, 11:33 AM
How bout no health at all. Just lives.

Hareoic
Sep 16, 2001, 10:33 PM
Just LIVES?! What would be the point of the different weapons then? (if there are any)

Electric Ir
Sep 17, 2001, 12:36 PM
There probably will be alot of weapons.. Uh, BF4000 anyone? :P

Oh, but only lives? Than that will mean that you'll die directly. So, thats bad. Like I mentioned before, just percent health with a small cell is enough.

http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif No useless crabs. (Yeah. Crabs.)

FireSworD
Sep 17, 2001, 07:47 PM
Or maybe just health then.

Kaz
Sep 17, 2001, 09:05 PM
maybe tehre should be an item you carry around that only works once and is very expensive that revives you when you die back to half health?