PDA

View Full Version : Uhh.. Mirrorizing?

Shelly
Feb 4, 2010, 01:11 PM
I know that to mirrorize a tile you press F but i can't mirrorize events (such as hor springs) Help :D

Troglobite
Feb 4, 2010, 02:43 PM
Events cannot be mirrored with a shortcut key. Horizontal springs will take a direction based off of masked tiles they are next to. For example, if there is a wall to the right of a horizontal spring, the spring will face left, and bounce players away from the wall. And most other directional events, such as wind can be mirrored by changing the value of parameters such as speed negative.

Puffie40
Feb 4, 2010, 03:03 PM
suckertubes need to have the speed entered (in the select event window) for them to work. The directions are in a X-Y value; I try to keep the directions in my head by thinking of the directions in a Point graph (http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/h1014v1/img/h1014v1_187_1.jpg) (However, one of the directions is inverted... I think it's the Y direction)

wind/accelerate/convear have a left/right event in the event menu, but I haven't been able to successfully use them as left/right events. A negative value on one works better.

EvilMike
Feb 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
suckertubes need to have the speed entered (in the select event window) for them to work. The directions are in a X-Y value; I try to keep the directions in my head by thinking of the directions in a Point graph (http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/h1014v1/img/h1014v1_187_1.jpg) (However, one of the directions is inverted... I think it's the Y direction)

Tile coordinates do not work like that at all. The top left is always 0,0 (or 1,1 in JCS). This is generally how computer programs keep track of coordinates. There are no negative values. Just think of the top-left as the starting point.

Because of that, nothing is "reversed". If you enter a positive value, the sucker tube will move move you in the direction of increasing coordinates (i.e. rightwards or downwards). Negative values are the opposite. The same applies to wind and belts.

The left/right belt events etc work fine (putting a positive value in a left belt event will move you left).

Wind Left, which for whatever reason does require a negative value. However, the event still behaves slightly differently than Wind Right, but only in extremely obscure ways which are almost impossible to notice.